Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom navigator 5 And 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom navigator 5 And 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: tom tom navigator 5 And 6 Reply with quote

I run tom tom nav 5.on my ipaq 2210 ,and I am thinking of updating to Nav 6. two questions one ..is it worth it ? and two ...will I have to do a factory reset to install 6 or just delete anything with tom tom 5 listed in explorer ? or even leave nav 5 on
thanks Confused
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ipaq 2210 PDA ....holux GR 271 Arkon powered mount ....nav 5 with GB and Europe maps.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't need to hard reset the device, take a full backup of the unit and the memory card (so you can put version 5 back on later should you want to), remove the TTN 5 application using the remove programs option on the PDA then install version 6 - Mike
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Nav 5 and Nav 6 Reply with quote

Thanks mike I assume that I will have to install sprite back on my SD card to make sure I do not loose any info ,
BTW has anyone checked the difference between Nav 5 And Nav 6 is it worth the extra notes Confused
Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use something like Sprite for a reliable back up as you never know when things will go pear shaped with a PDA to be honest, it is rare but it can and does happen.

As for the differences, the custom POI limit has increased from 39 to 100 categories, you can input a destination by Lat/ Long and you get the newer maps, oh and you loose the ability to rotate the screen within the TomTom application this has to be done using the PDA rotae function prior to starting the navigation software, otherwise there is very little difference to be honest - Mike
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: nav 5 and 6 Reply with quote

Thanks again , it was not long ago that if there was a reply to ones question I automatically received a mail saying that .but now I see that I have to search the lounge to see if any one has replied, a backward step methinks Confused
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The web site still sends e-mails out if the options are selected, confirm your profile by looking at the page, is your e-mail address still current and are the check boxes selected for e-mail notification of posts? -
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: nav 5 and 6 Reply with quote

grayus wrote:
Thanks again , it was not long ago that if there was a reply to ones question I automatically received a mail saying that .but now I see that I have to search the lounge to see if any one has replied, a backward step methinks Confused
Have you clicked the "Watch this topic for replies" link at the bottom of this page?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Nav 5 and 6 Reply with quote

Glad I mentioned that I was not receiving mails from the site , I have 2 mail addresses and the one I use for this site the dam spam filter was taking them out, worth checking if any one else has the same prob , funny really as I have made no adjustments to my profile ..
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nav 5 and 6 Reply with quote

grayus wrote:
Glad I mentioned that I was not receiving mails from the site , I have 2 mail addresses and the one I use for this site the dam spam filter was taking them out, worth checking if any one else has the same prob , funny really as I have made no adjustments to my profile ..

Spam filters can suddenly decide they don't like sites for any number of reasons. The best advice is to put the domain into your 'whitelist' to tell it you always want emails from here to get to you.
Brodit ProClip mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: