Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Go VavCore 7 update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Go VavCore 7 update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tosher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go VavCore 7 update Reply with quote

I have a TTGO 300 v6.520 with speed camera data base installed including voice prompts (from Ray's old web site). My question is - if I update to the latest firmware, NavCore v7.162, will the cameras and voice prompts remain in place or will they have to be re-installed and set up again?? I also have the Day/Night colours auto change over installed - will that be affected as well? Many thanks.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameras and voice warnings work exactly the same as before. You may have to go through the "warn when near" setups again though.

Don't know about the day-night, but I do remember seeing a few posts on the forum aout day-night settings recently, so there might be a bug.

If you've got a good Windows-Explorer-created backup before you update though, you should have no trouble going back to 6v if you don't like the new software.
tosher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy_P2002. I will update when I have a quiet moment after all the festivities.
tosher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update to my original post. I have installed v7.162 with no problems at all, nothing was affected by the upgrade and everything works as before. The only thing I can't do on v7.162 is find the "Help Me" screen, I have downloaded the "Help Me" folder from TomTom as they suggest on their web site and installed it in the root directory of my GO 300 but still can't find it. Could this be something to do with my map version, I have the v660 1219 version and wondered if the "Help Me" only works on the latest v7 map. ????
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HelpMe function should still display the icon even without the folder installed to the device, your problem is due to you either running a custom menu on the unit or you have some files within the SdkRegistry folder, remove these files to the PC then start the TomTom, read the HelpMe function, then decide whether or not you want to keep it - if so leave the files out of the SdkRegistry folder, if you are not bothered put the files back in the folder on the device and the icon will disapear again - Mike
tosher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike you are spot on. I did have a custom menu in my SdkRegistry. I have now removed it (saved) and the "Help Me" appears on screen ok. But on the "Drive to Help" screen only the Hospitals and Car Repair icons show local addresses, the rest ie police ststaion, doctor, dentist and pharmacy show the nearest one as being 198 miles away, am I doing something else wrong ??? Thanks again. tosher
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are doing nothing wrong, the reason I previously mentioned "check out the HelpMe function and see if it is any use" was a precursor to your next question, most of the HelpMe functions are based upon POI locations supplied by TomTom, they are inadequate and of very little use, I expected Map Share to help this situation, but some 6 months later it is still woeful in terms of UK coverage.

If you live in the North of the UK the nearest Doctor is in Northern Ireland (fine if you want a ferry trip, and I would love to know how many telephone calls that surgery has taken since this was launched) if you are down South then the nearest will be in France.

As I said, have a play with it, read the help guides for first aid and car maintenance etc then put your files back in the SdkRegistry folder if it suits you - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are now add-on UK Doctors, Dentists, Police stations and Pharmacies POI files on the same site as the Help Me text files. TT say they only work with the v7 map but that apparently isn't true, several people here have successfully added them on other map versions.

The clever thing about them is that you add them as new .ov2 files like normal POIs, but they also have a simple text file that "links" them to the original TT-supplied POI categories, so they don't show up as separate categories.

They are still pretty scrappy, but a vast improvement on nothing!
Get them here:
http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=7892&Lid=1
tosher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps that worked a treat. I down loaded the poi's as Andy_P2002 suggested and installed them into my GO 300 (map v660 1219) via TomTom Home and all works fine. This now makes the "HelpMe" facility very well worth while having as all the catagories give very local addresses. Think I'll stick with it in preverence to my custom menu. Thanks again for all your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: