Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Patch V7.0.3 Is available now!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Patch V7.0.3 Is available now!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wecpc

I'm slightly bemused by you saying that you installed the patch manually.

The VM website patch installation instructions are here: http://tinyurl.com/3ctajq are you saying you didn't or couldn't follow these?

Don't give up, I'm sure between all of us we can recover your situation Smile
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
Wecpc

I'm slightly bemused by you saying that you installed the patch manually.

The VM website patch installation instructions are here: http://tinyurl.com/3ctajq are you saying you didn't or couldn't follow these?

Don't give up, I'm sure between all of us we can recover your situation Smile

That is exactly what I did and the way I see it, is if you have to download a patch first and then unzip it and then run an install program that is a manual install. If the s/w does it with little or no user intervention that is an automatic install/update.
franchise_mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem as wecpc. After running the patch as directed Content Manager on the PC shows as version 7.03 but the X970T still shows 7.02. I have tried re-running the patch, but while it offers the option to repair the installation it makes no difference.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I can't help then.

When I installed the patch all went fine.

Maybe a PM to Stu (Deepfour) might help.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed on the VM Help section today that the V7 manaul and the V7.0.3 patch were marked for a while as 'updated' and have now got a Last Change date of 03/01/08. I checked the manual and offhand couldn't see any changes there. So I don't know what if anything HAS changed. If the patch has been changed that would be pretty bad change control! (It may be just the Q&As themselves has been reworded - but again I don't see anything obvious)

Did anyone else see this, or can they see any differences? I notice SpikeyMikey that you had trouble with the camera database initially but your latest post says 'all went fine'. Did you reload the patch, and if so was it on or after the 3rd? When did you do it franchise_mark?

I don't know whether it's worth trying the patch again?
pcorbridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw the 'updated' text on the VM web-sitenext to the V7.0.3 patch, but it's gone now. Might be worth re-trying to see if there are any obvious changes.
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
I know it was mentioned on another thread but as it's been brought up here .......

Content Manager still shows the speed camera update as November, but the website says the latest update is December. Even removing and re-adding do not update. Maybe it's just a typo on the web page. Or maybe 7.0.3 has broken the links.

I haven't got a clue why the version numbers are different Confused
Have you tried reapplying the patch again?

The website problems are really beginning to bug me now, spoiling what is otherwise a very good experience.

I finally got my GPRS service working to-day and updated the Speed Cameras using my phone connection. I was surprised to see that they were still the November version. Maybe it hasn't been updated yet.
Cartography Edition 2007
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I travelled south down the M5 on Saturday (J1 to j15) for the 2nd time in 3 days only this time the sat nav tried directing me off the slip road at Strensham services (nr M50 junction) and back on which it hadn't done on Wednesday.

The only difference between the 2 trips? - on Weds the routing was set to 'Recommended' and on Saturday to 'Quickest'.

I have also realised that when the unit was trying to direct me into lay-bys etc (see thread x-970T Good, Bad & Ugly) it was also set to 'quickest' so whatever the patch 7.0.3 has done it hasn't fixed the slip road issue which definitely remains when the unit is set to 'quickest'
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Quote:
I notice SpikeyMikey that you had trouble with the camera database initially but your latest post says 'all went fine'. Did you reload the patch, and if so was it on or after the 3rd?

My comment regarding the successful install of patch 7.0.3 was in relation to its reinstallation when I had to rebuild my Content Manager from the ground up i.e. v6 thru v7.0.3 after a 'hiccup'. This was before Christmas, so I wonder if there is any difference in versions, mine is Build 166.

The PGPSW camera database issue was resolved as far as I remember after Stu's advice regarding the icons. I can't see a December VM update on CM the same as everyone else.

Like you I also had noticed the 'updated' manual, it has GB in the title as opposed to EN but apart from that I couldn't spot any differences, although that doesn't mean there aren't.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm ... My Jan reload is also still 166 so I guess no change in the software did take place - certainly I didn't detect any differences in operation.

Although I have confidence in VM's long term customer support, partly because it has been favourably commented on even before V7 was introduced, in the short term it's been looking like a lot of smoke but no fire!

I am still hoping that we start seeing something more positive quite soon.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Mmm ... My Jan reload is also still 166 so I guess no change in the software did take place - certainly I didn't detect any differences in operation.

Although I have confidence in VM's long term customer support, partly because it has been favourably commented on even before V7 was introduced, in the short term it's been looking like a lot of smoke but no fire!

I am still hoping that we start seeing something more positive quite soon.

I know Stu maybe busy but the lack of comments on the forum are a little worrying. I know people have been PM'ing him with questions and problems but it would be nicer if he had fewer PM's and more time to reply to general posts on the forums.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact we didn't get any decent feedback from Stu after end october/begin november (unless you count the one that he was busy with X-mas period). I somewhat bought the X980T with the knowledge that one could intervene quickly. I must say that this didn't happen yet and I've posted a multitude of problems towards the helpdesk. All I got back were standard replies to do a hard reset or that things are forwarded to another department :-(

jonandmarkuk wrote:

I know Stu maybe busy but the lack of comments on the forum are a little worrying. I know people have been PM'ing him with questions and problems but it would be nicer if he had fewer PM's and more time to reply to general posts on the forums.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with jonandmarkuk about it being much better to use the forum, rather than send private messages to Stu/VM - which is why I thought it was set up by Stu in the first place!

It enables us to know we have shared issues and sometimes help with them, provide other instances of particular problems to Stu, know what problems have actually been raised with VM through him, and keep abreast of attempts to correct them. Otherwise we are each in the dark on our own, more or less as with going to the Helpdesk.

I would also like, if possible, for Stu to arrange to let us have a regular post, even if sometimes it has to be "sorry chaps, no progress, too busy on other things"
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Fed up Reply with quote

I’m really fed up by this answers I get from support. Received this morning yet another do a hard or soft reset answer for a problem which has nothing to do with this. They even notice that I mention that I use 7.03 and they copy/paste info for 6 and 6.5.
A monkey can even produce better answers than this. The claim that one listens to the problems can't be made strong in such way. So far I didn't see any indication that one can handle stuff properly. It may sound harsh, but the time of the benfit of the doubt is passed for me. Some proper action needs to be taken.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: