Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Patch V7.0.3 Is available now!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Patch V7.0.3 Is available now!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Patch V7.0.3 Is available now!! Reply with quote

As the title says... its ready to download! Stu can you give us a more detailed explanation of what it fixes?
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Patch V7.0.3 Is available now!! Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
As the title says... its ready to download! Stu can you give us a more detailed explanation of what it fixes?

I know of one thing its fixed, is the speed camera update in Content Manager for my 970T V7 (UK). It now shows the November update and even allows me to send it to the satnav for the first time. A step in the right direction but the website links for the tourist routes still go to the speed camera screen.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Slip Road Flaw is still an issue on 7.03. When will it be finally fixed?
Flossie15
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I being a bit thick, or just overly cautious when planning a route. I tend to know which junction I am to leave a motorway on, and if I got a message diverting me off the slip road I would ignore it and carry on? All the Sat Nav's I have used would re-route me straight away!

I hope it does get fixed, as the flaw is slightly irritating, but Sat Nav's are guide, to be used with common sense, and not the be all and end all of guidance!
archie159
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not on motorways that this bothers me (yes, I generally also know when I am due to turn off) - it's driving through urban dual carriageways, especially in cities which I don't know, where this drives me mad. I now try to keep the satnav zoomed far enough out (in other words, I cannot use autozoom) to see if it is taking me off the dual carriageway and straight back on again. But then I have to manually zoom back in close enough to see the detail once I am off the dual carriageway and winding through urban streets. And according to this morning's news, it is about to become a 2 year jail sentencing offence to fiddle with ones satnav whilst driving....

Archie
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And according to this morning's news, it is about to become a 2 year jail sentencing offence to fiddle with ones satnav whilst driving....

ONLY if you are found guilty of dangerous driving. See this thread
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Patch V7.0.3 Is available now!! Reply with quote

wecpc wrote:

A step in the right direction but the website links for the tourist routes still go to the speed camera screen.

I've spoken to a french support guy about this and Stu is also chasing them about it... Hopefully, this will be sorted ASAP. Smile
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

archie159 wrote:
And according to this morning's news, it is about to become a 2 year jail sentencing offence to fiddle with ones satnav whilst driving....

Archie

I've installed the patch and not sure what has actually changed? As for the jail sentence thing I find it laughable as one mintue we are releasing robbers and 'real' offenders because we don't have room in jails and now proposing we put people away for driving while using a mobile phone or sat nav?. Maybe the government won't be happy until everyone has a criminal record and then on the DNA register. Rolling Eyes
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for a list of fixes :-( Where's Stu?
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDC wrote:
I'm still waiting for a list of fixes :-( Where's Stu?

Probably still enjoying his hols...
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..........or lost up a narrow lane somewhere in the countryside Laughing
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Patch V7.0.3 Is available now!! Reply with quote

wecpc wrote:
Bertie100 wrote:

I know of one thing its fixed, is the speed camera update in Content Manager for my 970T V7 (UK). It now shows the November update and even allows me to send it to the satnav for the first time. A step in the right direction but the website links for the tourist routes still go to the speed camera screen.

I have just noticed that although my Contenet Manager states 7.03, my X970T only displays 7.02. I have tried doing a hard reset to no avail. I have tried tried removing some POI's from the Content Manger doing a re-sync, which it does and then put them back and re-synching again which it does, but it still only displays 7.02. Is this yet another bug.
I also see that the the website problem is still not fixed. When selecting the tourist routes it still takes you the speed camera's and when selecting updates on 'My GPS' it now takes me the Dutch site and not the UK one.

Last edited by wecpc on Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it was mentioned on another thread but as it's been brought up here .......

Content Manager still shows the speed camera update as November, but the website says the latest update is December. Even removing and re-adding do not update. Maybe it's just a typo on the web page. Or maybe 7.0.3 has broken the links.

I haven't got a clue why the version numbers are different Confused
Have you tried reapplying the patch again?

The website problems are really beginning to bug me now, spoiling what is otherwise a very good experience.
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:

The website problems are really beginning to bug me now, spoiling what is otherwise a very good experience.

Me too! I've telephoned support, emailed, filled in web surveys and PM'ed Stu (who's chasing it up) BUT it's still not fixed. They seem to spending a lot more time on the French site... come on Michelin, please fix the English website and update the FAQ while your at it!
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
I know it was mentioned on another thread but as it's been brought up here .......

Content Manager still shows the speed camera update as November, but the website says the latest update is December. Even removing and re-adding do not update. Maybe it's just a typo on the web page. Or maybe 7.0.3 has broken the links.

I haven't got a clue why the version numbers are different Confused
Have you tried reapplying the patch again?

I am beginning to think that I have never had the link with the website and the Content Manager in the first place. The only reason I got the speed camera update for the first time, was that it was included with the 7.03 update, which I did manually, but it did not update the s/w in the X970T at the same time. I have tried re-installing the 7.03 update again with the same result the sat nav still shows 7.02.
I am fast getting fed up with the whole episode and am seriously thinking of getting rid of it and buying a Tom Tom instead, which appears to be the standard and the best, or just staying with my Blaupunkt Lucca and buying a speed radar to complement it.
This is the third piece of electronics I have purchased in the last few months which has never worked properly from DAY ONE. The first being BT Vision and the second being the Netgear EVA8000 HD, but at least the EVA8000 is now working perfectly, the BT Vision I do not use at all now. Doesn't any manufacturer test their hardware properly before shipping the equipment to unpaid BETA TESTERS, to find the bugs for them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: