Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Are hot Batteries a good thing...I think not...so what is up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Are hot Batteries a good thing...I think not...so what is up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rascals
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Are hot Batteries a good thing...I think not...so what is up Reply with quote

Hi,
I bought my GlobalSat BT308 bluetooth gps receiver in November with TomTom software on a and use it on a HP 2210. I must say every time we used this combination we become more impressed with it.

That was up until last week when our satalite receiver (GlobalSat BT308 bluetooth ) started having major battery problems.

It will not work at all now if it is turned on AND there are any power cords attached (car or house recharger cord).

If we plug it in all night (turned off) and then we can use it for about 30 minutes before it is dead again.

If we put it in the car and try to plug it in at the same time then all lights go off. Will not work with cords attached. And with only a 30 minute charge it is impossible to use now.

Has anyone ever had this experience and what about replacement batteries? I saw on one site it is tricky to replace these batteries.

Any ideas of why this has happened? Is there only a certain amount of charges in these batteries?

and...did I mention......when the GPS receiver is turned off and charging (so I can get that 30 minutes of life). It gets really warm...actually hot to touch on the bottom.

So what do you think folks...why is this??

It seems hard to believe that both of my recharge cords are bad at the same time...
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

assuming you have used the right power supply (and not one with higher voltage) it does indeed sound as if the batteries are at fault. They should get warm, but not hot. The batteries nomally support 500 to 1000 charging cycles.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
rascals
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Any ideas where to buy a new battery? Reply with quote

I bought the gps at www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk but they do not seem to sell just the battery..or it is not listed on their webpage as an accessory for this item. I have not heard back form their customer support via email yet.

I have called and emailed the Manfacturer in Taiwan but no luck getting a response.

I have emailed and called a distributor in the UK called Advanced Technology Distribution Ltd (as listed in a review on this page) but their voice box is too full of messages to leave another one.

Has anyone else ever replaced their battery in the GlobalSat BT308 bluetooth gps receiver? Any advice on buying a new battery?

Thanks,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: