Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Taking out Sub as a gift??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking out Sub as a gift??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Taking out Sub as a gift?? Reply with quote

Perhaps I am missing something here but I can't figure out how to take out a subscription for a friend as a gift but I will still want to take my own out hopefully early in the new year. Can I do this or do I have to create an account in their name as well, if so would I need to supply their email details?? .... It would kind of spoil the surprise if I had to but so be it or can I subscribe twice using my details but give them one account and keep the other for myself? Obviously the gift would probably only be for 1 year and then my own account would be renewed by me only.......(Hopefully after one year they will be able to do their own downloads/TT updates etc!)

Sorry if it doesn't make sense but basically I want two subs on one account but not at the same time (Now and in a month or two) and then only renew one!

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment we don't have a gift subscription facility but it is something we are looking into.

In the meantime, you can register a new account for your friend but need to use a different email address as the system prevents you from registering multiple accounts using one email address.

If you have access to another email address (Hotmail, GMail etc) then you register, login as that user and subscribe. When you have given the gift, we can then change the email address to theirs so as not to spoil the surprise.
mcollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks didn't think it would be too easy.....They are not IT literate really and so its gonna mean me basically doing it all for them anyway, but didn't want this gift to mess up my subs when I do it so I will create an email for them as I only have one gash one. Presumably the fact that I will be paying from the same paypal account will be OK or will that cause probs too?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob with using the same PayPal account, the important bit is that you subscribe whilst logged in as the user for whom you want the sub.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: