Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pritch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
Called TomTom regarding this and have confirmed that the 906Mb map is incorrect and it should 1.6Gb. Suggested that I delete the downloads directory and try again, if the 900Mb version is still offered to then call them.
Nope - that did't work Evil or Very Mad
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last! It worked for me. My advice is not to go via File- Latest Map Guarantee, instead just go to "Update My Go" and see if it offers you the map. The server seems to be working now so its not giving the "Internal Server Error" message anymore, I downloaded the 1.7Gb version via this route Smile
Dhekelian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the 520 and it says the 'Use the map Guanrantee' only that when I try to use it it says I can't have it because of the 30 days. Only hope they will make it available.

On my home software it now says when I connect that I have a 920, it used to say 720, weird no? or is that normal.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, finally I succeeded to download the latest map. TomTom support were kind enough to put the new map (1.7 GB version) on my account. No problem to download. However, some of he familiar map errors were still there so I will spend a few minutes this weekend with mapshare to correct these errors...
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
SatMonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support insisted that that 930MB is the correct one for the 720 - I installed it and it broke the speech.

Words fail me.

I am in the process of restoring my backup ....
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatMonkey wrote:
Support insisted that that 930MB is the correct one for the 720 - I installed it and it broke the speech.

Words fail me.

I am in the process of restoring my backup ....

It's already been stated in this forum that the 930MB in not the correct file for a Go720. The correct file size you should accept is 1743.2MB. When downloaded and installed will update your 720 to have Map of Western Europe V710.1561. Which is the complete Map including speech files.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest Map Guarantee: Your device came with the latest map. Far from the beginning, no change. I don't care anymore. Confused
The Home offers me:
- Map of Western Europe 1743,2 MB (I have it).
- Western & Central Europe 1724,7 MB
Choosing smaller map, I'll get some Eastern Europe countries and lost something from the Western Europe, not a clever deal, IMHO. I'll keep what I have, I don't change. Rolling Eyes

If I need Poland, Czech etc, I'll buy Eastern Europe package which offers much more countries, better deal for me. I'm visting Estonia in January.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely something odd going on here - LMG said a later map was available but I was not eligible blah blah blah over the weekend, and now it says a map update is not required I have the latest maps!

I am still on 705 as it has never offered me 710, and TT support are as much use as a chocolate teapot!
SatMonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support added Western & Central Europe to my account.

Thank goodness for that.

After rescuing my favourites from my backup, it then gives some odd messages about downloading the latest firmware that I have already + re-downloading the map again.

I think things are sorted.

But what a mess - any normal person would have given up weeks ago.
bigfoot47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat Monkey-Lucky beggar TT support will not respond to comments regarding 909Mb map download naffing up my 720 and today i noticed it has been removed from my use latest map guarantee option- I will keep checking my account in anticipation. The missus said all the time i have piddled about with this i might as well have read a paper map
plank0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plugged in the 720T last night, and TT Home2 gave me the 1743.2MB Map of Western Europe V710.1561 via LMG option. Took some time to download, as I only have 1meg line. It's all up and running fine now. But as it takes up most of the internal drive I can not defrag the drive, and it's all fragmented to hell, big red bars all over the place!.
Version 7.481 (9086/080324) OS:3024
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.4106
Western_Europe v710.1561
TT RDS-TMC: 4V00.010.2

SatMonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plank0 wrote:
Plugged in the 720T last night, and TT Home2 gave me the 1743.2MB Map of Western Europe V710.1561 via LMG option. Took some time to download, as I only have 1meg line. It's all up and running fine now. But as it takes up most of the internal drive I can not defrag the drive, and it's all fragmented to hell, big red bars all over the place!.

There's no need to defrag a flash based storage - the 'read' speed doesn't change whether it's 'fully defragmented' or 'totally interleaved'.
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plank0 wrote:

I think SatMonkey is probably right - but if it is bothering you, why not copy the entire contents of the Go to your computer (making sure youve enabled hidden files to be viewed of course) then format the internal flash drive using your OS, then copy the contents across - I think that would fix that problem. But as SatMonkey says it probably wont make any difference.
Pritch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support in Germany (which is much quicker than in England) has just given me the v710 WE Map 1.7GB through PLUS - (not the W&C Europe map) - having required a receipt, serial number etc. first...
bigfoot47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'll be...did one of my daily checks and the 710_1561 has appeared as a download at last. Knowing my luck some bright spark at tomtom has just renamed the old 705 map 710_1561 and stuck it out for download!!
As i travel the whole of the north of england i am now going to faff around comparing the two therefore can someone point me to right link or confirm what i have done is correct please.
705_1481 is on unit itself and i downloaded and installed 710_1561 to 2Gb sd card ,whilst in unit.Turned unit on went to manage maps, switched to other western europe shown in list.Unit now shows 710 map when checked in firmware screen.
Do you have to copy all speed cam data/poi data or any other data to the folder on sd card.I think i remember seeing post saying create mp3 folder etc but i do not want to naff it up AGAIN! Thanks for any help.

P.S. unit crashed again the other day during a handsfree call, got a full screen yellow piccy of something weird looking vaugely like a laid down battery.Nothing online, nothing in the handbook so did a search using explorer for*.jpg/gif/bmp of the 720 and low and behold there it was "lowbatteryw.bmp.
Thing is the unit was fully charged!.......oh dear

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 20 of 36

Jump to: