Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 200w GB map includes Europe ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 200w GB map includes Europe ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagx400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 200w GB map includes Europe ??? Reply with quote

Just bought my self a new Garmin Nuvi 200w, which includes the GB and Ireland maps. I was about to purchase the Europe maps but decided to look how far afield the current map went, to my surprise i zoomed out and it seems to cover all of Europe, if i type i Germany and search for a German city it is there and calculates a route. The only thing I have done is updated the map and software to version 2.90 via the website. Have I been lucky or is this how they supply them now with all of Europe.
n4nick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I think if you zoom in you will find this is just major roads and not street detail mapping.

Nick
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Nuvi 200w GB map includes Europe ??? Reply with quote

jagx400 wrote:
Just bought my self a new Garmin Nuvi 200w, which includes the GB and Ireland maps. ... if i type i Germany and search for a German city it is there and calculates a route.

What's it say, if you press "Spanner" | "Map" | "Map Info" (or the Nüvi 200w's equivalent)? Underneath "City Navigator Europe NT v9", it should list the regions, eg [1] UK & Ireland

My StreetPilot C510 has City Navigator V9 UK & Ireland. I can't select any cities in Germany - in fact, it doesn't recognise Germany as a country (the instant I press "G", it returns "Galles" - French for Wales?)

My Nüvi 310 came with City Navigator V8, but I got a free upgrade to V9 that included all Europe ... pressing "G" gives me Galles,Germany,Gibraltar - I can plot a Route to the centre of Berlin on that one.
jagx400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

City Navigator Europe NT v9 [1] UK & Ireland

I cant type the country but i can use the map and pinpoint any place in europe
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah -- I reckon you've got one of the 'routeable' base maps loaded...which contain just the major roads, towns and cities (and they seem fairly old as well).

So ... yes, it'll sort of get you there, but with nothing like the same degree of finesse you would get with a detailed map loaded.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: