Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cyclists with no lights....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cyclists with no lights....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should we do about cyclists with no lights at night
Leave them alone, they are allowed to be on the road
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Get the Police to fine them
43%
 43%  [ 14 ]
Banish them to a gulag, they are a menace
56%
 56%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 32

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naughty, Dennis! Just flick down your RV mirror and try to ignore. Not that I havn't done the same things as you suggest - it's very hard, but then with road rage etc. I tend to play it safe these days. The other thing that gets on my wick is tailgating lorries. They are so close they could not possibly stop if I had to brake hard AND it is not that I am a slow middle lane driver, either. Supreme Angel
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At the risk of incurring the wrath of some, these are the main conditions in which I put my rear foglights on

At least you know they are on, Tim. What about those that drive all the time with them on....where's Tommo, then?

Graham
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Quote:
At the risk of incurring the wrath of some, these are the main conditions in which I put my rear foglights on

At least you know they are on, Tim. What about those that drive all the time with them on....where's Tommo, then?

Graham

Ah, well to counter people who drive with their rear fogs on, I either flash on my front fogs and high beam to alert them, and leave them on if they ignore me, or overtake them and flash my rear fogs a couple of times and then continue merrily on my way. Laughing

I was followed by a taxi driver in Leicester a few years back who was driving on sides and front fogs, so I put my rear fogs on a couple of times; he didn't take the hint so I left them on. At the next set of red lights he got out and asked me what I was doing! I explained that since he had his front foglights on, his vision must be impaired in some way and so I'd put my rear fogs on so that he could, at least, see me.

He told me that he had his front fogs on as his headlights were faulty, just as a policeman walked up behind him. Naturally, plod took an interest in this and suggested I go on my business and he would deal with the lighting issue. Razz
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Naughty, Dennis! Just flick down your RV mirror and try to ignore. Not that I havn't done the same things as you suggest - it's very hard, but then with road rage etc. I tend to play it safe these days.

Why should we have to ignore an inconsiderate driver who is too dumb to appreciate other road users?

It is not just the rear view mirror, what about the two wing mirrors and the inside of the car ablaze with light.

Gee-Pee wrote:
The other thing that gets on my wick is tailgating lorries. They are so close they could not possibly stop if I had to brake hard AND it is not that I am a slow middle lane driver, either. Supreme Angel

A spot of heavy braking normally does the trick and then watching the rear driver rapidly wake up - but I’m not brave enough in front of a lorry though.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Naturally, plod took an interest in this and suggested I go on my business and he would deal with the lighting issue. Razz

Nice one, Tim. Someone up there must be looking after you Clap
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
GJF wrote:
The other night I was having a leisurely drive home, when a car from behind closed in fast and decided to slow down behind me – with his/her main headlight beam on, I had no option to “toe it” just to get out of the way.
I just gradually ease off and see how slow I can get to before the prat decides to pull out and pass, then (if Tommo isn't watching) I pull up to him and let him try my full beam just for a few moments. Another wicked trick is to keep your foot on the accelerator and gently tap the brake with your other foot to set off your brake lights and give him pause for thought (when Tommo isn't watching).

ALWAYS watching !!! Wink

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:
Quote:

Graham

Ah, well to counter people who drive with their rear fogs on, I either flash on my front fogs and high beam to alert them, and leave them on if they ignore me, or overtake them and flash my rear fogs a couple of times and then continue merrily on my way. Laughing

I was followed by a taxi driver in Leicester a few years back who was driving on sides and front fogs, so I put my rear fogs on a couple of times; he didn't take the hint so I left them on. At the next set of red lights he got out and asked me what I was doing! I explained that since he had his front foglights on, his vision must be impaired in some way and so I'd put my rear fogs on so that he could, at least, see me.

He told me that he had his front fogs on as his headlights were faulty, just as a policeman walked up behind him. Naturally, plod took an interest in this and suggested I go on my business and he would deal with the lighting issue. Razz

Whilst not technically legal Timothy, your efforts to encourage a co-operative use of the road space should be applauded. That's boss speak for well done Tim. Wink

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: