Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to win friends and influence people
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to win friends and influence people
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
As you know, Dennis, I don't use the handsfree feature on my 720, but I'm still concerned about it because I've bought my son and his fiancee a 520 between them for Xmas and their birthdays (both in January). He has a 500 at the moment, and uses the handsfree a lot, so he won't be happy if it doesn't work as well on the 520. But Catherine might be happy, as she'll get to use the new 520 instead of the old 500 if he doesn't like it!
(He will be less satisfied with the 520 speaker compared with the 500). What you're saying is you've suddenly thought of a super idea to stop some girlie running off with your ickle boy! Break up the relationship by stealth. We all know you're bright, but few, if any, of us realised you were that bright.

Note to self. Don't let Anita meet Vera. Confused

The trouble is #6 does annoying echo for the caller in hands free (I have a last persuaded Vera to tell me if the call is lousy quality - she was being tactful, but I've told her if customers don't like my phone calls, they won't phone me). So after swapping them back and forth, I'm going to stay with #7 for the phone for the time being and see if it repeats itself. I wonder if having it turned up to 100% volume has any bearing. I don't use the MP3 feature. I do wish TT could make it transmit phone calls to the FM radio, then I could use the tranny (steering wheel remote control) to deal with all my volume troubles and let the TT run at lower power.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Anita Your son will be needing a hand-crafted reset tool. I know a cute Aaaaaaaaard Northerner who sells a nice selection....

Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
(He will be less satisfied with the 520 speaker compared with the 500).

That's a shame. Sad

Or maybe not. I find it really hard work holding a conversation when he phones using the TomTom. Maybe it will force him to go back to using a bluetooth headset, which is much clearer and, of course, doesn't have the problem of not hearing what's being said if you both start to speak at the same time.

DennisN wrote:
What you're saying is you've suddenly thought of a super idea to stop some girlie running off with your ickle boy! Break up the relationship by stealth. We all know you're bright, but few, if any, of us realised you were that bright.

Not such an ickle boy at 35! And he chose a Cape Town girl instead of a Sussex girl, so I've already invested £2,000 on a trip to South Africa for the wedding in March, so they'd better not call it off!

DennisN wrote:
So after swapping them back and forth, I'm going to stay with #7 for the phone for the time being and see if it repeats itself.

Fingers crossed #7 doesn't play up again. You've certainly had your share of problems. Sad

DennisN wrote:
Note to self. Don't let Anita meet Vera. Confused

I'd like to be meeting both of you tomorrow, but had already made other arrangements. I could have picked up one of your hand-crafted reset tools, but it's not worth paying extra for delivery!
Hope you all have a really good time tomorrow. Cheers!
Samsung Galaxy S21
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
I could have picked up one of your hand-crafted reset tools, but it's not worth paying extra for delivery!
Hope you all have a really good time tomorrow. Cheers!
Just fancy - I've delivered to Brighton twice recently - Thursday last week and again today! (It's only about £82 for delivery) (oh, plus VAT).

Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Just fancy - I've delivered to Brighton twice recently - Thursday last week and again today! (It's only about £82 for delivery) (oh, plus VAT).

That's a shame, but it would be quite a detour from Brighton. I'm almost as far east as you can go in Sussex before getting into Kent. Now if you were delivering to Rye or Hastings you'd be much closer. But I expect he'll be needing the hand-crafted reset tool before you do that!
Samsung Galaxy S21
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I'm going to stay with #7 for the phone for the time being and see if it repeats itself.
Nothing worse than a TomTom that repeats. Grrrr

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
DennisN wrote:
I'm going to stay with #7 for the phone for the time being and see if it repeats itself.
Nothing worse than a TomTom that repeats. Grrrr

Dennis should know. He's had enough of them Very Happy Perhaps he's too aaard on them. Unless he's sold all his Halfords shares before he makes them go broke with all his dodgy TomToms

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: