Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martypeter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Quote:
This is what I'm looking at on my device when I select version on my TT720
App: 7.221 (8572/071121)
GPS: v1.21
Boot: 5.4106
Map: Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB v710.1632

Hope this helps

Did your device ship with version of the map on it or did TT upgrade it for you?

If it came out of the box with this version what is the TT part number on your box (white label stuck underneath)

Thanks
Andy

This is the map I was given by TT. If you look back through this forum you will see that I formatted my 720 after they sold me a downgraded map (675) and when I connected it to home I downloaded all the updates they offered i.e application and map
plank0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Free 30 Day TT Map UpDates. Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with TT UK (long 45 min talk) about getting the free map update for my TT 720T (running v705 map), which the 30 day free update runs out on the 14th Dec.

They said (after he talked to 2nd line service) that the map (v710) is being worked on and should be ready with in the next 2 weeks, before the new year, as they are trying to inclued the central europe map, as well as the western europen map as one full package for download.

They said (after he talked to 2nd line service again) that the passing of the 30 days will not matter and I will still get the map as the map has not been availabul for download at this time.

When asked about the map (v710) being on the web site for sale, they said (after he talked to 2nd line service for a 3rd time and putting me on hold again), that it is listed, but not for download as the map is still being worked on. Confused
Version 7.481 (9086/080324) OS:3024
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.4106
Western_Europe v710.1561
TT RDS-TMC: 4V00.010.2

andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have noticed that my message has changed when i click on map upgrade ,says there is a newer version avaliable now but since the 30 days has passed i can't get it
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait....

If you look back through all the posts about this in several threads, there are several quoted messages from TomTom saying:
WE WILL GIVE A NEW v710 MAP TO ALL x20 OWNERS WHEN IT IS READY. YOU WILL NOT NEED TO BE WITHIN THE 30 DAY PERIOD.

Sorry for shouting, but it's been said so many times.

(P.S. And this will NOT be the same v710 map as the one that is already available to buy).
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Free 30 Day TT Map UpDates. Reply with quote

plank0 wrote:

They said (after he talked to 2nd line service) that the map (v710) is being worked on and should be ready with in the next 2 weeks, before the new year, as they are trying to inclued the central europe map, as well as the western europen map as one full package for download.

Well that sounds interesting, but I wonder how they will fit that map into the 2GB memory of the unit without reducing the number of details on the map. I prefer getting a map of Western Europe with good quality to getting a map of complete Europe with less details.
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done my daily check for latest map guarantee for the 720 and, YES, it's started downloading v710 (currently 4-5 hrs) so will let you know IF successful & size etc.
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked mine and its now telling me -

"There is a newer map available. Unfortunately you are not eligible for a free map update. Either the 30 days period has expired for your device or your device was not sold with a Latest Map Guarantee.

You can however buy the latest map if you click Add Maps, Voices etc"
compost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked mine and I am getting the same message as russd1978. This is a change since I last connected.

Despite TomTom apparently having stated that v710 maps will be made available to x20 owners there is still a lot of inconsistency about with some users getting the maps and others not and the change of message that we are now getting via HOME does not give me a great deal of confidence that they will get this sorted.
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franb wrote:
Just done my daily check for latest map guarantee for the 720 and, YES, it's started downloading v710 (currently 4-5 hrs) so will let you know IF successful & size etc.

! Server error (after 3.45 hrs!

Let's try again.
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compost wrote:
I've checked mine and I am getting the same message as russd1978. This is a change since I last connected.

Despite TomTom apparently having stated that v710 maps will be made available to x20 owners there is still a lot of inconsistency about with some users getting the maps and others not and the change of message that we are now getting via HOME does not give me a great deal of confidence that they will get this sorted.

Try going to Update My Go and see if it offers you the maps. Mine is still saying its not available to me if I go to File - Latest Map Guarantee but if I go to "update my go" it offers me the new maps! I did phone TomTom this afternoon about it tho so that may have something to do with it. (BTW bought my go on 29th Sept so it is just out of the guarantee period)
compost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking on 'Update My Go' shows the map available v710 for me too.

I bought my Go on 9th October and I contacted TomTom before the 30 days was up and was told that the maps would be available via 'Latest Map Guarantee' when the maps were ready!
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compost wrote:
Checking on 'Update My Go' shows the map available v710 for me too.

I bought my Go on 9th October and I contacted TomTom before the 30 days was up and was told that the maps would be available via 'Latest Map Guarantee' when the maps were ready!

Lucky you! I sent a new query to TomTom a few minutes ago. They haven't come back to me regarding my email on Monday despite their policy to answer support questions within 48 hours...

It's weird that we all get different results in our struggle to download the map. Does the support team need to enable the map manually for each of us which explains the delay???
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took 2 hours to download and then right at the end it said "Internal Server Error" so starting again...
bigfoot47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of box(10 days ago) shipped with Western Europe v705.1480
Updated app to 7.221
GPS v1.21 Boot 5.4106
Rang and mailed about 7.10 maps like others and told the same "maps will be available for map guarantee soon etc and would include Central Europe."
Have been checking constantly hey presto "new maps available" pops up today -Western_Europe_1Gb v710.1561.Downloaded size 909Mb (put on sd card instead of 720 itself) so alot smaller than 1.6Gb original
Rang tt to ask what this is and got what can really be described as a right "Numpty" who kept putting me on hold every 2 mins coming back with variuos dubious statements and finally emailing me with:-
"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Yes sir, you can obtain the map of Western and Central Europe. You would have to purchase it online, via our TomTom web site.
With Best Regards
The TomTom Customer Support Team"(Alexis T)
I would suggest avoiding detailed discussion/contact with this one, as he has avoided all the questions i intially put to him including the fact the new download has b*****d up voice recognition
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franb wrote:
franb wrote:

! Server error (after 3.45 hrs!

Let's try again.

! ! Server error again (after 2.10 hrs)

Maybe 3rd time lucky (although I'm not holding my breath)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 17 of 36

Jump to: