Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Extreme frustration with globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Extreme frustration with globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Extreme frustration with globalpositioningsystems.co.uk Reply with quote

I returned some items to globalpositioningsystems.co.uk on March 23rd by Royal Mail Special Delivery (within the seven day period for a full refund).
I heard nothing so e-mailed on the 27th asking them to confirm receipt.
I heard nothing so tried to phone them this morning - I selected '4' to be put through to an operator and waited. Every so often I heard a phone ringing as if I was about to be put through but the music and messages started up again and again for over 15 minutes.
After a while I hung up and dialled again - same result.
Royal Mail tracking says the delivery has been made - how long is reasonable to wait for unused goods to be returned to stock and a refund issued?
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pay by credit card? If you did then email them and give them 24 hours to sort it out, if they don't then call your card issuer and tell them you want to dispute the transaction. That will get their attention... Twisted Evil
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spook,

I had to send a faulty Fortuna Clip-On back to Global Positioning Systems on Wednesday 31 March 2004, the following day I received an email saying that they had received it and another that it’s replacement was on the way sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery. The replacement Fortuna Clip-On back would have arrived on Friday 2 April 2004 but we had strike at my local Royal Mail sorting office.

The Royal Mail website lied as it said that they (RM) tried to deliver to my works post-room but there was nobody there, they didn't leave a card either! What a load of rubbish, as it’s always manned during office hours. I picked up the unit the next day from one of the Royal Mail collection points. Then the RM website said that the package had been delivered instead of having been collected. Evil or Very Mad

Did you contact Global Positioning Systems before you sent the item back? They would have given you a unique returns number.

If you still have a problem with them try contacting Simon Pitts, who is a director. His email is “Simon. Pitts at spotlightguides.co.uk”. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
simon pitts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spook,

Your experience is most unusual. Our returns (faulty products and refunds) are currently being turned around in 48 hours. So something appears to have gone wrong here. If you could contact me directly I would be happy to investigate the matters you raise personally.

simon.pitts@spotlightguides.co.uk
Director
www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, details of return sent to you by PM this morning. Thanks for positive response.
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
The Royal Mail website lied as it said that they (RM) tried to deliver to my works post-room but there was nobody there, they didn't leave a card either! What a load of rubbish, as it’s always manned during office hours. I picked up the unit the next day from one of the Royal Mail collection points. Then the RM website said that the package had been delivered instead of having been collected.

To be fair, this isn't unique to the Royal Mail by any means. We've used several couriers over the years, and had "tried to deliver but no-one there to sign" when sending to vet practices that are manned 24/7, "nothing to collect" when the parcel is sitting on reception ready, and "not ready yet" when collecting a parcel that's been ready for days. I recently learned that the system that handles Proof of delivery for one major courier is not linked to the invoicing system, so an invoice is still raised even for a parcel which their 'other' system knows has been lost!
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to say that all is well.
Refund was issued on March 27th though I can find no sign of the e-mail confirming it had been attended to - but I did receive one saying return not received.
My apologies to all concerned and thanks to Duncan and Simon of globalpositioning systems.co.uk for their fast response to my messages.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: