Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2210/ttn2.24 in Action!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2210/ttn2.24 in Action!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: 2210/ttn2.24 in Action!! Reply with quote

Thought a good word for ttn2.24 wouldn’t go a miss….bought it back in Jan, and went thru the usual teething troubles of setting up with the BT GPS receiver, now I believe the package/setup is very stable.

I recently got called out on an emergency duty (St John Ambulance) to a branch location I knew how to get to from my place of work, not so familiar from my home address – found the postcode and loaded the appropriate CodeSearch.ov2 file and off I went!!

My journey was reduced by approx 7 miles to the route I would have taken, also CheckPOInt3.2 alerted me to a speedcam just prior to reaching my destination, time was of the essence and of course I was observing the speed limits – I got there quickly and safely as I’m no longer looking down at a map!

A big thanks to all who have contributed via this web. Thumbs Up

Pete
2210/CF 250mb/GPs 2.07/Socket BT GPs
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are happy :D You may find the new PostCode applet written by forum member Dynamite useful. It's a plugin for TomTom written using Tomtom's SDK and contains the whole UK PostCode database, using the applet you can enter a PostCode and click 'Navigate To' or 'Show On Map' and it will launch TomTom automatically, oh and it's free Thumbs Up

See the discussion thread here or download from the authors website at www.digitools.co.uk .
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response :D think Dynamite’s app is slicker, than what I do, but I only have London & surrounding counties on my main CF card, the others Wales, Scotland, Anglia & Midlands are on a spare 32mb card, so I reckon I’m winning on the mb reqd, and I like the way CheckPOInt loads with tt or just tt on it’s own, both ways being able to access CodeSearch data.

I assume Dynamite used the CodeSearch.ov2 files for his database, meaning it’s missing some postcode areas as well?

I haven’t loaded or used Dynamites app yet Question

Pete
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Dynamite originally used the Codesearch data but he's enhanced it and so many of the missing codes are in there now. You can use PostCode to launch TomTom or if TT is already running (plus CheckPOInt too if you use it) you can access PostCode via a hardware button.

I agree that if you are short of storage card space and only use sectional maps then you may be better sticking with Codesearch Thumbs Up
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my chums at work was using it, so i went and had a look, now have it running - think it really is a must have app, especially on the amount of space saved, when i totalled up the space CodeSrch files were using it was in excess of 27mb!!

As this is 12mb or so it was no contest, nothing like shooting yourself in the foot Embarassed
or
looking a gift horse in the mouth (icon needed please).

Managed to load the exe & dat files on CF and created a shortcut via PocketPlus utility that now sits on the today screen, this works.

Loading a shortcut into the start menu didn't with my setup.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: