Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [v7] New PGPSW CoPilot 7 Camera Database Format!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[v7] New PGPSW CoPilot 7 Camera Database Format!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reffolds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The safety camera database isn't working for me. I tried it on Saturday. Some cameras OK others missing. I note that some of the cameras which didn't alert are shown as POIs in the vicinity. I also had one fixed camera alert me in the wrong direction. So, does anyone have any ideas. I copied the different camera dbs across as individual files. Jruthen, did you rename your single file to safetycamera as was the case for Copilot 6? Pls can MaFt say the reason the cameras are in individual files. Is there anyway to verify the cameras have loaded correctly? Should they show up on the map as POIs? In my case they show up on a poi seach in the vicinity of the current location but not as POIs on the map. Could be problems with Copilot 7 or the PGPS db loading or my PDA memory availability perhaps (Del X50V). I have a gut feeling that I am still operating on the Copilot speed cameras and the PGPS db has gone in as POIs. Is this possible?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reffolds wrote:
Pls can MaFt say the reason the cameras are in individual files.

cos that's how I was asked to do them Wink unfortunately my copy of CP7 was stolen by royal mail* so i don't have anything to test on here... Crying or Very sad

MaFt

*i suppose legally i should put 'allegedly' but it was sent and it never arrived so where else is it?!
mike65
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: safety cameras Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, the only icon used by CP7 is the standard one. The cameras will not appear unless all the separate files are combined into one called safetycam.csv. The BMP file must be called safetycam.bmp, otherwise it won't appear.
fruit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree that the only icon used is the standard one, all the others disappear somewhere. I've not found them yet.

The pgpsw DB loaded fine for me as is without combining files or renaming
mike65
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fruit: I was not able to get any alerts for any of the mobile, pmobile, redlight, specs etc. files until they were combined into one and renamed. I did not try to load the gatso files without renaming, so can't comment on that. Looking at the original files on the sd card supplied, you can see that the ALK system uses safetycam.bmp and safetycam.csv as filenames, so I suggest renaming our files to that to ensure all the cameras are loaded. Mine have been and are working fine.
fruit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting.

After receiving my CP7 I tried loading pgpsw DB entries modified as per the original files but without success. Even tried variations and some short files - same result for quite a few attempts.

I was quite relieved when the pgpsw CP7 files loaded successfully.

Perhaps there is something more to this than we are seeing at the moment. Can't tell my CP7 version ATM as I don't have it with me.
thetrevone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know what the difference is between the free monthly safety camera update for Copilot 7 as supplied by ALK and the one from Pocket GPS world.
Regards
Doug
fruit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pocket GPS world version is more up to date.

The ALK version is in CP7 native format but CP7 will convert csv files of the correct format.
thetrevone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fruit wrote:
The Pocket GPS world version is more up to date.

The ALK version is in CP7 native format but CP7 will convert csv files of the correct format.

Thanks for the speedy reply fruit
Regards
Doug
Mikbol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras in Copilot 7 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have downloaded the PGPSW speed cameras as suggested. They appear as Custom POI's and I can set up the POI warnings to tell me about them but they do not appear on the map. This is not very convenient. Evil or Very Mad

Is it possible to use them in the safety cameras warning system instead, perhaps by combining them and calling the resultant file safetycam.csv, or doesn't this work?

Be grateful for any advice

Many thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Cameras in Copilot 7 Reply with quote

Mikbol wrote:
Hi all,

I have downloaded the PGPSW speed cameras as suggested. They appear as Custom POI's and I can set up the POI warnings to tell me about them but they do not appear on the map. This is not very convenient. Evil or Very Mad

you need to set it up so that POI's are shown on the map

MaFt
ccarmock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume from what I have read here then that teh PGPSW speed camera updates appear as custom POIs on CoPilot 7 as opposed to using the safetcamera freatures of V7?

Would there be a way to get it to fully integrate int he safety camera system as opposed to Custom POI?

Regards
Clive
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarmock wrote:
I assume from what I have read here then that teh PGPSW speed camera updates appear as custom POIs on CoPilot 7 as opposed to using the safetcamera freatures of V7?

The PGPSW speed cameras do integrate with the safety camera feature. It's just that you have to enable alerts under settings | POIs to make the icons visible.
Mikbol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I obviously don't understand the system of Safety Cameras in CoPilot 7. If the PGPSW cameras integrete with the safety camera feature why do they appear as Custom POI's and you need to enable POI alerts?

If I combine and rename the PGPSW files safetycam.csv will they the work differently??

PS. I do have POI's set to be visible
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all that is needed is thhat you enable the safteycamera alerts you dont need to set them up as custom poi alerts

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: