Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using Map Share to block or unblock a road
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Map Share to block or unblock a road
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, anyone tried to use mapshare missing roads function? Reason I ask is I've moved to a new house in a new housing/urban village development, they are only 18 months into a 5-7 year project. So of course according to current mapping the new roads i use on the development to get to my house don't exist and nor do the new postcodes. Is the mapshare system capable to record these new 'missing' roads that at the moment show as fields Question
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can report it (by specifying just TWO endpoints and a straight line between them!) but it doesn't get updated on your map or become a downloadable update, it just gets flagged for (possible!) inclusion on the next published map.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, one of the endpoints has to be on an existing road, so you can't necessarily build up the whole picture.
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies chaps Smile , looks like I'll be off the map for a few years yet then Sad
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twotonemark wrote:
Thanks for the replies chaps Smile , looks like I'll be off the map for a few years yet then Sad

Not necessarily. You could alert TeleAtlas and they might be able to pick it all up in one of their surveys.
georgemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been updating the map corrections on my one xl for one way streets in our local town, surprisingly to me there were a couple of errors with this which could lead to motorists being instructed to go the wrong way up one way streets

connected my unit and it never uploaded anything to TomTom, although it has done so before and has downloaded corrections, very strange.

It would be a good idea in future if you could retrieve or review all the corrections that you had submitted.
fullrotation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame with these voice activated Tomtoms that you cant give the command "copy road". this would be ideal for all new road layouts not yet on latest maps, you could give command "copy road" at start and "end copy", it would not take long for that new stretch of road to be mapped but users and shared with all. This could then be flagged up with the powers that be and would show exactly the new changes far quicker than at the moment.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a good idea.
Wouldn't even need to be voice activated, though.
This is the sort of thing Map Share SHOULD be capable of. Maybe one day...
Dhekelian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting frustrated with mapshare, I live in a smallish village which is joined by a smallish but historic town. In my village there are plenty of errors like a 13th century pub and car park not being there and when parked in this car park the map puts you in a different part of the village further behind and tells you to go through walls! In an another error there is a local road that joins onto a major road only that you cannot go right and if travelling on the major road you cannot turn into this minor road. I did correct this a few times but it is still wrong after the last update. For instance it doesn't tell you to give way which could be quite dangerous as the major road gets quite busy. Even after the last update it even took out a section of the major road and so divert you to go through another village which is totally unneccessary but I did manage to correct this. And than are further errors in the town nearby, I try to correct these but it doesn't seem to work out, correctly, spoils the experience overall I feel.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dhekelian wrote:
In my village there are plenty of errors like a 13th century pub and car park not being there and when parked in this car park the map puts you in a different part of the village further behind and tells you to go through walls!

If you need your TomTom to get you home from your own local, then maybe you need to cut down! Wink
(Joke)

Unless they make some BIG changes soon, I think Mapshare is turning into a missed opportunity.
PeterF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: [b]ONE WAY Street is really a TWO WAY street[/b] Reply with quote

A major road in Dartford, Kent, ie Westgate Road, WAS one way as shown on lastest map - but that was years ago. It is now TWO way. I work very close and woould like to change this on my newly bought MapShare map.

Can I alter the map on my TT700 by somehow making a one way road two? If so, can someone put me out of my misery, please Question
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: [b]ONE WAY Street is really a TWO WAY street[/b] Reply with quote

PeterF wrote:
Can I alter the map on my TT700 by somehow making a one way road two? If so, can someone put me out of my misery, please Question
Tap the Map Corrections Icon, then Correct a Map Error.

In the next screen Tap (Un)block street.

Next you need to decide how you want to identify the street. Usually On Map is the easiest.

Select the location using the normal Browse Map usage - Find or dragging the finger.

Zoom right in to make sure you can select it and press Done.

The next screen will show 'segments' of roadway (you will have to choose several if the road is long with lots of junctions), and for each there will be direction arrows (either North/South or East/West) with the Map sometimes rotating to accommodate the direction.

If the road is one-way, one direction will have an arrow and the other a 'No Entry' Icon. Tapping the 'No Entry' will change it to an arrow, and vice versa.

When you have it correct, tap Done and follow the Menus out.

It will take immediate effect if you have Ticked Corrections I made myself in Correction preferences.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
PeterF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Many thanks for your help on this. It has worked fine. Very Happy
Nigel42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

On average I collect between 5-10 corrections every 3 or 4 days. But when it comes to downloading them only 1 gets sent!! (via a PC using xp TT home 2.0)

Am I doing something wrong or is it TT?

Thanks
Nigel42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY WONT MAPSHARE WORK!!! Twisted Evil

I have just made 2 'corrections'
1 a 'no right turn' from North street clapham london into Wandsworth road london
2 a 'no right turn' from Rozel road clapham london into the wandsorth road london (by the way if you do a right turn its a £60 fine!!!)

I have the pref, ticked for corrections I made myself.

I then test out the corrections by planning a route and guess what....
TT wants to make a right turn in Rozel road!!!!

Any ideas would be welcome Confused

thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: