Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - which databases
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

which databases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrd273
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: which databases Reply with quote

hi people, hope people are well
its a long time since i was in a drive smart forum! used to be user ra03ysg, due to job changes .life etc , have not needed the ds to much(working from home) in last two years. but i am again back on the road ,so i thought i would bring it out of retirement! so started to look for updates, so no more ds, but ended up here after a good few hours serching, now my question is which update to use the pocket gps data base on the private loader (which i have just suscribed to!)or the update by a new d.s?? web sight dated 12/11/07 here http://www.drivesmartsupport.com/
looking for some advice/your thoughts guys
cheers dean.m
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say the pgpsw one - but then i may be biassed... i'll wait for other ds users to chip in!

MaFt
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mrd273, the PGPSW data is the best - by far.

We have already had a discussion on this web site, READ HERE, from the post second from the bottom of the page, by Paula Three (Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:35 pm) - onwards.

Good to see you are back in use with the DS, i consider it is still the best speed camera GPS device on the market.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
mrd273
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: data base Reply with quote

hi guys
thanks for the replys,supprised there was 20 veiws but only two replys, but hey not everybody has something to say i suppose,
MaFt thanks no problem being biassed ,as i am not far from you (wakefield) i hope there is more chance of the info/data being correct?
as i got fed up last time advising of the four camera positions on the duel carrigeway to the m1 near me which always got wiped/misinturprited on every update from the old d/s data,so it looks like i will give it a go , when i get access (i have paid my £19 fee).
GJf thanks for welcome, i never fell out with the d.s unit and and never had a speeding fine since i got it(touch wood). however the pulse master i also bought is a different matter, i never did manage to get it working right, even pulling up at a moblie van and asking them to zap me!!! no matter what settings ,magnetic coils etc i did, so it is resigned to the box now.
anyway thanks again and i will be watching this forum now and will speak again soon
cheers dean.m
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: data base Reply with quote

mrd273 wrote:
............however the pulse master i also bought is a different matter, i never did manage to get it working right, even pulling up at a moblie van and asking them to zap me!!! no matter what settings ,magnetic coils etc i did, so it is resigned to the box now......

Had exactly the same problems, i bought two and ended up throwing one away, the other is integrated into the bumper so i will have to sell it on with the car, trying to get it to work through the EMI problems gave me many hour's of wasted time and helped me on my apprenticeship for "Grumpy old man".

Along with the Def2 we all should have got together and asked for our money back as "not fit for purpose" under the sale of goods act, oh well history now!
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: