Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHERE ARE you guys buying the new version from? and how much?
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the "latest" receiver from argos for £35, then found out it was in fact the "oldest" rds-tmc receiver there was. Emailed tomtom about swapping this not so reliable one for the newest one. It took me a week from initial complaint to brand new tmc receiver landing on my doorstep!

iPhone 12
5lab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when are your TMC recievers arriving? I've *still* not got mine despite having posted the old one a month ago. Every time i phone i'm just told their out of stock

does it matter that both versions listed on my rma are

TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver EU v3.0 [M] 2V00.004.2

?
Scotty-uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first logged my complaint about the TMC on the 2nd November.....2006!!

I chased it in March and asked for Traffic to be given to me whilst I was waiting they refused.

In July I asked again and ewas granted 3 months which runs out next week.

I complained last week that many people had been sent replacement units and many hadn't been waiting as long as as patiently as myself.

They replied :

"The reason you have not been contacted is because the product is not yet ready to be shipped out to you. The product will be re-released very soon. When this is released you will be contacted.

Please note that you have not been left at the back of the queue. All customers with the same issue are experiencing the same delays. We thank you for your kind patience.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

I've complained again as my Traffic will run out and I still won't have a working TMC receiver. It's not in "research" status.

So are they lieing to me or is there another new model coming out? Or is there some other explanation? Confused
Scotty-uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a further complaint I've been granted a further 3 months with Traffic.

It seems they're not expecting to ship the new unit soon. Confused

Now all they've got to do is sort out why after paying for the latest maps, I've been unable to get them Rolling Eyes
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im sorry to reiterate what i said above, i emailed tomtom, got an rma number the next day. the day after i got a parcel to mail to tomtom my "faulty" rds-tmc receiver and promptly posted it back that day. 2 days later the brand new receiver was in my possesion. so what im saying is that it sounds like you are being fobbed off by customer services. unless im wrong?

iPhone 12
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not alone!! I started a complaint about tmc receiver with tomtom back in may, at the end of september I received an email stating what to do next as they were ready to start shipping new units...I sent my TMC receiver back with copy of receipt...3days later received an email asking for a 50 euro charge, I contacted tomtom who said it was an error & that they would contact the repair centre again to clarify this...2wks later still nothing so called again to be told "still showing as needed to be paid" on the system..I explained AGAIN this was an error to which the operator agreed, she contacted the service centre AGAIN then rang me back to say a new unit would be with me in 5 days as a thank you for my patience they would offer me a free 12mnth subs to their saftey camera database (dont think so!)
This morning received an email from tomtom repair centre again...we've received your TMC unit please pay 100 euros as this is not a warrenty claim...AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!! another 20min call to tomtom AGAIN, passed through to a supervisor who was very apologetic & said they would deal with the complaint themselves...shes just rang me back & said everything is now zero & I will recive my new TMC receiver in the next few days..& coudnt understand where the 100 euro charge had come from Rolling Eyes

I wont hold my breath Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while ago on this thread, I postulated about routing my RDS-TMC cable out of the window and tying it to my roof rails.

Well now I have actually done it. It's not very glamorous but the oval lozenge is stuck to the inside of my windscreen just above my Tom Tom (which I always have by the right hand pillar). The cable then goes out around the door seal (yes, I just shut the door on it - it doesn't seem to mind!) and up to the metal roof rail, to which I have bound it with a couple of cable ties. By the time I have done all that there is not actually a great deal of the cable to attach - but I am now getting almost instant lock on and continuos and robust RDS-TMC signal. I'm actually stunned at the performance compared to (a) the old receiver and (b) the new receiver languishing behind and athermic windscreen.

Dead chuffed! Razz
fmfm20j
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: The new receiver Reply with quote

I'm a little confused about who is selling which version and what the correct price is:

I understand the newest version to be 4V00.013 (and believe that this should work properly with my 720)

On the Expansys site the follwing are offered:

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=135878 at £70.95. This part number is stated as 9V00.013 and looks like the old one.

They are also offering:

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=157232 at £49.95. The part number is 9V00.017 and the picture is still of the old one.

On the TomTom website the following is offered:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessories/accessory.php?ID=267&Product=373&Category=0

with a price of £49.95.

This appears to be the European one (which I can understand on the assumption that TomTom love to confuse and frustrate us all).

I'd rather buy from Expansys as I think I will get it more quickly (could be wrong?).

I'd hate to be stuck with an old version from either of the suppliers. Any idea which of the two Expansys ads is the correct one?
Has anybody bought directly from TomTom NL? If so, how quick was the delivery?
If you bought a new version of the receiver from TomTom NL, did you actually get a new one or a European version or an old referb?

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you state the exact device you want when you order the device you should be OK. The web site links you provide do indeed offer very contradictory information, the image is the same for both types (probably an oversight) - the user comments for the cheaper device are I suspect intended to be against the -013 device (look at the dates).

Order it, if they supply the wrong one phone them up demanding it is returned and replaced with what you ordered, they are a decent firm to deal with in my experience - Mike
fmfm20j
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,

I'll give Expansys a call on Monday
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help explain
http://www.inkino.co.uk/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1020
fmfm20j
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I ordered my unit from Expansys and it arrived today.

Within 10 seconds of opening the box I realised that they had sent me the European unit. I called them and am now in the process of trying to get an RMA. I asked them if they had the 013 version and they gave me a fuddy answer which I basically took to mean no. I'm now waiting for my RMA (which they say could take 4 days) and then I have the pantomime of having to send it back and claim my postage. I'm not very happy at the moment!

I had a look at the note that portman mentioned (copied below)

PLEASE NOTE : On various forums there is a lot of noise about a unit with the part code 4V00.013. This is the TomTom internal code. 4V00.013 = 9V00.017 (This unit)

I don't want to go through this problem again.

Please could somebody confirm if the above statement is definitely a true one? I simply don't trust the adverts anymore.

Thanks

Ian
fmfm20j
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I got my RMA from Expansys today and decided to send the unit back as I had some spare time. The RMA didn't indicate a postage refund so I called Expansys to check. They said that while they would refund the cost of the unit they would not refund the postage because I had chosen to return it. I then got into a 'discussion' about the fact that I had explicitly asked the sales person if the unit was the new one and was designed to overcome the low sensitivity of the TMC signal. Having been told that it was I took it on good faith and, in my opinion, it was not my fault and that the postage should be refunded. I also got into a discussion about the fact that they reserve the right to withold 25% of the money if the packaging is returned in a less than pristine condition. I said that it didn't arrive in pristine condition and that, to check the contents I had to break the seals and the packaging did suffer a bit.

I hope that Expansys are reasonable and pay me what I think I am owed. It will leave a bitter taste if they do not.

I also contacted IKINO today with a view to purchasing one from them. I got the assistant to take it out of the box and describe what it looked like. I'm confident that this is the right one. The chap at IKINO said that TT had recalled all of the inferior ones. My experiences demonstrate that this is clearly not the case. If you plan to buy one, be very careful !

Fingers crossed the new one will arrive tomorrow and my refund will be successfully processed.
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of buying a 920T but does anyone know if TomTom are now actually supplying them to retailers with the latest (.013 ?) version of the TMC receiver?

--

Cheers!

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: