Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP7 Road preference logic bug..
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP7 Road preference logic bug..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoBiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: CP7 Road preference logic bug.. Reply with quote

I submitted a report via the support web form yesterday, but have not heard back. Since then, I have essentially confirmed that the logic used to set road preferences is reversed, at least for 'Freeways'. If I set Freeways to 'strongly avoid', it will do just the opposite! If I set it to 'Strongly favor', it will avoid freeways entirely. I have not been able to confirm the other road types. Just curious if anyone else has had a chance to use the road preference feature? BTW, this is the US version if it makes any difference..
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thiw womething i havent seen what speed did you set freeways to i run a custom profile that strongly favours larger roads and is does just that

other than that it could be a map data problem its something ill have play with

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
gigino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Traffic Reply with quote

This software is full of bug I would stay far away from this as possible.

All I got from Technical support is they are work on a patch.

A software that has been tested for so long to come a with this major bug is not right.

I've spend so much money for the traffic and the western Europe map just to be told that they are work on a patch.

I cannot use the software with traffic via GPRS the TMC does not work they say it only works in America.

We have TMC in Europe so whay are they saying now that TMC does not work hear.

I bought the software on the understanding that I could use TMC or GPRS in UK, but now I'm told only GPRS and then they have a bug.

How can PDA Essential rate this has the best navigator so now I have to not beleive any write up on any kind of software.

Its a Rip off.

Gigino
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmc in the uk has to be paid for. traffic over gprs works fine for me

to say it bug because a patch is in the pipeline. doesnt stand up tomtom released 3-4 patches after the release of navigator 5 and 6

why can you not use the gprs traffic data. it is available to buy and use in the uk and in europe

it maybe that the tmc recfeiver you have ios not compatable with the application

device Lumia 950 xl
gigino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alix776,

Has you can see from what I said it would be nice if the dam thing works over GPRS but it does not.

When the software alerts you of a incident the screen go to Ruote detours and then it gets stack they apparently CoPilot knowns about this problem.

I've been using Toom Toom from the days when it was on the Psion and I do not recall any major bug.

When I inputted a to b it got me they with Copilot ai enter a tp b and it does not with the traffic alerts you.

The map is crap it cannot find half the stuff I'm looking for.

You cannot add POI.

U can only add speed camera but you have to use they own files.

To add favoristes Is a major work around to get it to work.

They are f]eatures in they that are good and work great like the contacts.

But most of the stuff do not.

Do you have the Copilot Live 7 have you really full tried it out.

I've spend money buy the Western Europe and the Traffic but it does not work has it should.

To be told by pepole that tom tom had bug I really do not care I'm using Copilot and that is really annoying when I had to go this morning from A to B and the dam software told me that they was an incident and then it stop work.

Pile a in my opinion. That is why the are some many crack out they.

Why what this companies let you try they software before you buy them.

Cheers

Gigino

Let of a bit of steam

Sorry if I annoyed anybody
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pois can be aded in OV2 format just copy and paste then to the EU/save folder on the sd card

cameras you can use the pocketgpsworld ones just use the constolidated files

havent had the traffic problem at all and im useing it on an mda compact3 with traffic over gprs

im a courier and ive been using copilt 7 for about 3 Wink months as my only navigation application and haver yet to get an adress that copilot cannot find and have covered in the last month about 14k miles

yes its not perfect but no application is perfect

have you set up a live account as you need this to get acces to the traffic info from your log in on the live server if i recall how it works live needs to be connected on the pocketpc to get traffic too

device Lumia 950 xl
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for info we're currently testing a specific CP7 database format that uses the heading data

MaFt
GeoBiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In spite of the aforementioned bug in creating custom road profiles (which has been neither confirmed or denied by Alk), I've been generally pleased with CP7. I've been using TomTom 6 for the last several months and at least for now, it will be going back on the shelf.

A few brief highlights:

- Installation from the SD card to my Airis T620 was quick and easy. Installing CP Central to my XP laptop was flawless also.

- The interface is improved over CP6, at least as good as TT6 (purely subjective of course).

- The default routing seems better (so far) than anything I've used. Quickest routes are about the same, short routes tend to favor major roads and are more logical. TT6 would often send me winding through residential areas and back roads just to save .1 mi. CP7 does a better job of taking the more logical route. OTOH, trying to force CP7 to use the secondary and local streets by creating custom profiles has not worked very well, possibly due to some routing logic as mentioned above.

- The POI database is excellent, and includes phone numbers for most businesses. Locations are generally good.

- Maps in my area are much better than before. Still a few problems but most roads built in the last 2-3 years are there. I suspect rural areas will not be quite as up-to-date.

- The program is *much* faster than TT6, at least as fast as CP6 in most cases. Route re-calculations are almost instantaneous. Searching POIs however, can take some time.

- Route planning seems to work pretty well. Much better than TT6.

Lows:

- I'm not sold on the look of the maps. Roads are just too thick and sometimes difficult to distinguish in dense areas.

- Custom profiles not working, at least for me. And they are not as easy to configure as before.

- Voices are just not as clear and understandable as CP6 or TT6.

- I do not use Traffic or TTS, so I can't comment on either of these.

CP7 is not perfect, but still a good choice particularly if you need complex route planning and custom POIs.
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoBiker wrote:
CP7 is not perfect, but still a good choice particularly if you need complex route planning and custom POIs.

Hi,

I moved away from CP6 after having been loyal since the iNS days.

I am just interested in knowing what you consider complex route planning? Is this using waypoints etc or just doing long journeys.

I am just interested in whether the route that is planned for you automatically by CP7 is the route you keep or whether you have to "fine tune" it. If so could you give an example?

I ask this as I am using R66 which I find is great, but if CP7 does "things" better - I may switch back.

Thanks in advance

Matt
GeoBiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I consider complex, or advanced routing:

- Desktop planning tool where you can plan, save, optimize, and transfer routes with multiple stops/waypoints to the PDA.

- The ability to preview, save, load, and optimize routes with multi-stops or waypoints directly using the PDA software. TT6 has itinerary planning, but not nearly as useful as CP.

- Custom road preferences (if that would only work better..!)

There may be other Nav. programs that do similar, but those I've tried are just not quite as functional as CP7.

I have not used it enough yet to know how well the routing works in various situations. Only that is seems to require less 'fine tuning' than others. Still, I suspect there will always be a bit of human intelligence needed to tweak the route. As an example, I was experimenting with a route from Atlanta Ga. to Flagstaff Az.. By adding a waypoint in Tulsa Ok., and adjusting some of the road profiles, CP created what I would consider an acceptable 'motorcycle friendly' route using a good mixture of Freeways and major roads.

So far, around town it seems to find what I would consider the most logical route -- not always, but close.

I hope this helps..!
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested this out and it seems that its completely backwards when you want to use the freeway more than the surface streets. Example: In Arizona I live in maricopa (85239) and I have 2 ways to get to my work at 7300 w boston st. chandler, az. The first way is hwy 347 all the way to I10 and then exit on chandler blvd. The second way is to go hwy347 to maricopa road and take this to wildhorse pass and then get on the I10. The later saves me about 3.2 miles in drive time. I have setup 2 routes called more freeway and less freeway that I want to use for routing these two specific ways, plus this is good make sure I have my routing to work on both using more freeways and less freeways. my routing is as follows

More freeway - automobile | quickest routing type
freeways - avoid - 80
divided highways - avoid - 65
primary highways - strongly favor -55
secondary roads - strongly favor - 35
local streets - strongly favor - 25

Less freeway - automobile | shortest routing type
freeways - neutral - 75
divided highways - strongly favor - 65
primary highways - favor -45
secondary roads - favor - 35
local streets - favor - 25

If I change the more freeways routing for freeways and divided highways to favor or strongly favor then the routing follows the surface streets and does not use the freeways. changing to avoid makes it work great. This If I remember seems similar to the same routing bug that was in CP6 as well that they had to fix

I have submitted this same report to ALK as well.
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoBiker wrote:
This is what I consider complex, or advanced routing:

- Desktop planning tool where you can plan, save, optimize, and transfer routes with multiple stops/waypoints to the PDA.

- The ability to preview, save, load, and optimize routes with multi-stops or waypoints directly using the PDA software. TT6 has itinerary planning, but not nearly as useful as CP.

- Custom road preferences (if that would only work better..!)

There may be other Nav. programs that do similar, but those I've tried are just not quite as functional as CP7.

I have not used it enough yet to know how well the routing works in various situations. Only that is seems to require less 'fine tuning' than others. Still, I suspect there will always be a bit of human intelligence needed to tweak the route. As an example, I was experimenting with a route from Atlanta Ga. to Flagstaff Az.. By adding a waypoint in Tulsa Ok., and adjusting some of the road profiles, CP created what I would consider an acceptable 'motorcycle friendly' route using a good mixture of Freeways and major roads.

So far, around town it seems to find what I would consider the most logical route -- not always, but close.

I hope this helps..!

Thanks for your reply. I certainly think one of Copilot's strength is its desktop application and the downloading of those routes onto the PPC.

I'll keep an eye on the Copilot forum and gauge users reaction before updrading.

Thanks Matt
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note this went a bit off topic but I have the same problem with the EU version. The routing does the opposite to the preference selected. Also in my itinerary when trip planning, roundabouts are referrred to as circles and shows as a "Circle" when you click on a roundabout on the map. I'm sure they were referred to correctly as "roundabouts" in CP6 - maybe I've now got a hybrid US/EU version of CP7!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which voice have you got runnign im runnig the austrailian female voice and for me its not a problem on roundabouts

device Lumia 950 xl
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alix,

I'm using GB Emily - there's no problem on the PDA its just when you use the Central planning that they show up as Circles and Ramps in the itinerary and in the maps.

I'm not sure of the integrity of the map data in Cental either. I have a road near me - Fulbridge Rd, Peterborough UK. If you enter that into the Find Address screens it returns the road in the correct location on the map i.e. in Peterborough but also names it as in a village (Thorney) which is some 5 or 6 miles away. It even shows it incorrecly named on the map. Or just try Gildale, Peterborough search results are incorrect as is the map labelling (again Thorney) but the actual road shown on the map is in the correct location! Not much use for trip planning if you weren't sure - so I wonder how good the map data is at all in this release?

Wonder if someone else could try these and see what they get in Central? Again its OK on the mobile device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: