Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PROBLEMS WITH 7.16
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PROBLEMS WITH 7.16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdchme
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: PROBLEMS WITH 7.16 Reply with quote

OK...

1st problem... I have RDS TMC (the new supposedly working type), however, it doesnt work that well, particularly up north. I therefore also have a subscription to traffic and a connection through the GPRS on my mobile. HOWEVER, if i have the RDS cable connected I cannot use the GPRS on my mobile without first unplaugging the cable from the mount.
Is there any way i can get BOTH to work together, or separately if necessary, WITHOUT having to unplug the cable everytime i want to use GPRS?

2nd problem, i have FM transmitter mount. Very often, i have found that when i switch off or disconnect my Tomtom (910), when i connect it back up again, it does not transmit from the FM transmitter. The only way to get it working again is to enter FM setup, turn off FM transmission and then turn it back on again.... anyone else having this problem?

3rd problem.... when playing mp3's, it always arranges them and plays them in alphabetical order, even if the tracks are numbered or a m3u playlist is present. Very annoying. Any way to overcome this?

Look forward to any help anyone can provide.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you connect the RDS-TMC unit the 910 will disable the GPRS supplied traffic information by default, when you say you are "up North" where abouts? as some areas suffer from poor reception more than others.

My FM transmitter mount works fine other than a slight issue when I hit a pot hole or spped ramp which can disconnect the unit from the mount, this requires it to be firmly pushed back on to its seat.

MP3 and aranging files to work with the device is best described as a "Black Art" - I have found very little logic to how the tracks are offered once installed, I appreciate the unit reads the associated tags but you get dofferent results depending upon how you select what you want to listen to. I have found "Play list" the most reliable method to get at most artists/ tracks - Mike
bdchme
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Well, I live less than 5 miles form you!!!
However, I i would say that even with the new .013 rds, i get hardly any reception north of birmingham. south of birmingham i get a signal 60-70% of the time. Frankly, i'm thinking of binning the rds tmc as it is literally c**p.

The problem with the fm transmitter, is definitely due to the navcore 7 updat, i had no problems with it before. BUT now, 50% of the time after disconnecting or turning off, i do not get transmission after reconnecting or turning back on and have to resort to turning off and then on the fm trasnmission. Maybe this is peculair to the 910???? I am thinking of hooking up the line out to the aux on my car stereo and binning the fm transmitter as well.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has your car got an athermic coated windscreen as these can knock out the FM signal very well, I get RDS-TMC with my kit quite often around the Fylde although it is not reliable, once I am past Preston North or South bound it simply works.

For example on Monday I left home at 04:30 passing Kirkham on the M55 at 04:45 I got RDS-TMC information which informed me of a problem on route, throughout the trip to Coningsby I had a signal and information for all but 15 minuites of the 3 hour drive.
Coningsby to Wadington was 100% reception, Wadington to Home I had a signal and data upto the M61 services where I lost it for a while until near Kirkham it decided to lock on to 101.8 for a period.

The Fylde coast is a poor reception area without a doubt, but I have travelled the length of the country using the -013 receiver with very little issue, it is not 100% (and never will be, due to FM transmissions and UK power regulations) - it is a vast improvement on the previous itterations of RDS receiver though - Mike
ntangle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing with the RDS/TMC on my GO710 and I think it is broken in 7.16. All the traffic I come across is either 1 minute delay or 61minutes delay, or if you are in traffic (the white line with the red triangles on the road) it shows no delay even though you have been in it for 5 miles! It also seems to want to refresh every 5 seconds, so every few seconds you get a bong and it tells you there is new traffic, where it actually is the same traffic as before.
Last night I downgraded back to 6.525 and this morning the traffic worked perfectly, well as perfect as the TMC is. Have logged a call with TOMTOM but they seem a bit reluctant to speak to me.
bdchme
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i think mine will be going in the nearest skip
Steve_Brown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ntangle wrote:
All the traffic I come across is either 1 minute delay or 61minutes delay, or if you are in traffic (the white line with the red triangles on the road) it shows no delay even though you have been in it for 5 miles!

Yup I get that too with 7.16 on my 510. Glad to hear it's not just me!
alanwalne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned the fact that the delays info was lost when I 'upgraded' to V7.

I was recommended by tomtom to downgrade back to V6.5 and the TMC works again. I was informed that the matter was passed to level 2 suport. I have since had an email to state they do not know what the problem is.

On the plus side, the later receiver from tomtom is better than the old one (though hardly brilliant), in both England and France.

The only annoying thing is that I cannot upgrade my maps to latest ones while still on v 6.525

Alan
ntangle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a case open with them regarding the traffic. Upgraded to 7.161 but the problem still happens. Also my unit does not switch automatically from day to night maps, and dim as it did on 6.525 (I actually downgraded to make sure the unit wasn't duff)

Logged a case with TomTom for that and they say do a factory reset. Well that made a whole lot of difference, apart from having to pair the phone etc.again Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
The only annoying thing is that I cannot upgrade my maps to latest ones while still on v 6.525

Damn right. This release is really buggy, I am sure they never tested half of the items before releasing.
COLINRG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got any updates regarding the traffic bug. I have the same on mine. I've tried a re-format of the TomTom hard drive and reinstalled everything but to no avail.

Any news??
ntangle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a support call open with TomTom regarding this and these are the latest mails from them:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

Unfortunately downgrading/ remain with version 6.525 is all we can offer you at this stage. Your problem has highlighted an issue and now the technical team are working to fix this problem. Please check our website for the next application software.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I Then asked

Quote:
Are there any rough timescales - I know this can be difficult? As I have purchased a RDS receiver and new maps 7.10, ok the RDS revceiver will work, but the Maps will not work with 6.525!
Week or Month or Year!?

They reply:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

Unfortunately TomTom does not release any information of yet to be released products including software upgrades. I can only say that we are working extremely hard to rectify this issue and our customers satisfaction is of utmost importance. Also, in the past software updates have been released every couple of months.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

So don't hold your breath Rolling Eyes
COLINRG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else been sent this?

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=62278

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: