Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TMC TomTom ONE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TMC TomTom ONE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: TMC TomTom ONE Reply with quote

I have just purchased the TomTom One Traffic. The TMC module that came with is V.00013. Is this the old module that appears not to work?
I found on the web that TT only use Classic FM for their data is that correct?
When I manually set the TMC to 100.9 (Strongest signal Classic FM for my area) it did show some signs of working but keeps losing the signal. I am thinking of putting an amp on the normal car aerial then splitting it to the radio and the TMC but not sure how well that this will work. Anyone tried it? Regards Neil
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the latest RDS-TMC device, so that isn't the issue, I have not (yet) tried connecting this new unit to an aerial as I find it works quite well, go with an aerial only rather than an amplifier, and if connecting it to the car aerial make sure the center core is not carrying 12 volts or you might damage the RDS unit and/ or TomTom One - Mike
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Thanks for prompt informative reply. If I do use the car aerial I will check to see if it has a 12v supply on it as you suggest. I had not thought about that and it would go bang if 12v is on the line.
Do you leave your TMC on AUTO to search out it's own station or set it to a station of your choice? Does it only work on Classic FM? Regards Neil
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use auto mainly as the manual tune seems to do its own thing after a few seconds, I do have a POI file that can be put on the device to find the nearest station and its associated frequency if yu want a copy just let me know and I will e-mail it over when I get home.

iTIS the data provider for the traffic system use Classic FM but they are currently expanding the network so other radio stations are used in addition to Classic FM.

If there is 12V on the radio coax solder a small capacitor in series between the radio aerial lead and the RDS-TMC as this will serve to de-couple the circuit blocking the DC voltage - Mike
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike
Thanks again for your help. I will update you with any progress/change that I have with this. Yes I would like the PIO file as it could prove very usefull on a long journey if I cannot get a good TMC lock. Regards Neil.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: