Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tourist Routes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tourist Routes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

we are aware of the issue with the site and its being sorted, you should all be able to see the right pages very very soon!

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Hi All

we are aware of the issue with the site and its being sorted, you should all be able to see the right pages very very soon!

Cheers

Stu

Thanks very much...
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
I received a screen shot of what jonandmarkuk see's (thanks again)... It's completely different, it looks like I'm getting a site for V6 devices or something (out of date)? So I can't download the tourist routes, and it still log's me into the French and Dutch site every now and again Mad Any one else get this weirdness?

I am getting the same problem, as I only see references regarding V6 s/ware and upgrades and like you when I click on certain links I end up on the Dutch site. I eventually found the Lake District tourist routes, but the only link was to logon or register and when I tried logging on it said no user found or something like that. I am pleased that I am not the only one as this website is starting to do my head in, certainly not a very good web site at all and wants sorting out ASAP. I am beginning to think if this has something to do with me not being able to update the speed camera's to the October version, if the Content Manager is linking to the wrong server.
Also I am still waiting for Tech Support to contact me over this issue, but I think they do not want to know, hence their silence.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the feedback on the Tourist Route issue and it only appears to be affecting people who have X-970T V7 registered and nothing else....if you have any other version listed it should be OK OR if you had an earlier version and upgraded this too should be OK. Our Webteam is checking into it now and will have a fix very soon.
Can i ask everyone to be patient for a day or so. Also if you have any outstanding quiries or are awaiting a call back and haven't had it yet can you PM me....I will go through the list as fast as I can and get the issues cleared up!!

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received the V7 update for my X980T (so it's not just the X970)and have run into the same problem with the tourist routes. The link was there before I updated the software but not after.

Otherwise, update went was perfect, even managed to update the Speed Cameras and Add the photos to the Green Guides!
Cartography Edition 2007
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try again after a while, it took nearly 24 hours from registering for the links to be active for me.
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooo hooo...tourist routes are now available! Very Happy
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked, mine are there now as well Smile Thanks jonandmarkuk!
Cartography Edition 2007
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCorry wrote:

Actually I think it was Stu and his Web team, because i've got a X970T Very Happy
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, just loaded the UK routes, looks good!

Now, if somebody can tell us how to update the PGPSW camera database in v7 we will almost be there. I am still getting an error message everytime I try to update the mobiles, SPECS etc and just get kicked out

Is there anybody from PGPSW listening out there (please!)
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell this idiot Stupid how to download these routes, as all I get is that they are only compatible with v7 ! Confused

I've tried with the device connected via ActiveSync, connected with Content Manager open and still no joy. The file downloads OK but once run blows me out Evil or Very Mad
B_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded one via my web browser (as opposed to Content Manager, not that it should make a difference ?). Ran the "exe" file downloaded which installed whatever and started "Content Manager" but as my VM wasn't connected it gave an error message, however having connected my VM and restarted it, the downloaded routes were showing under the "Tourist routes" tab and it was just a matter of clicking "add" for the chosen one and "Synching". Hope this helps ?

Bernie
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
RCorry wrote:

Actually I think it was Stu and his Web team, because i've got a X970T Very Happy

I was thanking jonandmarkuk for this message:

jonandmarkuk wrote:
Try again after a while, it took nearly 24 hours from registering for the links to be active for me.

SpikeyMikey wrote:
Can someone tell this idiot how to download these routes, as all I get is that they are only compatible with v7 !

I did the same as B_G (but had the SatNav connected from the start) and it worked. Are you Adding and Synchronising in the Content Manager?
Cartography Edition 2007
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Crying or Very sad I was able to get to the tourist routes but since last week when I click the link I now get the 'speed camera' update pages no matter if I click the tourist routes or the POI links. Crying or Very sad

My access was working fine, whatever has been fixed on the site has broken access for people who were working fine Sad
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
Well Crying or Very sad I was able to get to the tourist routes but since last week when I click the link I now get the 'speed camera' update pages no matter if I click the tourist routes or the POI links. Crying or Very sad

My access was working fine, whatever has been fixed on the site has broken access for people who were working fine Sad

I have just found the same. It was working, but not now, in fact I have also just found that the tourist routes had disappeared from my Content Manager, but luckily I kept the downloaded files and simply re-installed them. The web team seem to be causing more problems than they are fixing.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: