Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v1,03 Software Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v1,03 Software Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Satmap A -10 software upgrade Reply with quote

For a naturally poor navigator like myself this is the only unit that really shows your position reliably on an OS map. It really needs the 1:25 mapping for both walking and cycling as everything is named
I recently bought a 1:25 large area special map from a v helful chap at Satmap called Mark . Delivered next day no problems . Told him about freezing and time to lock on problems and he sent me an SD card with an update to V 1.3 with full printed instructions on how to load
This went fine and has corrected the freezing , the odd snail trail and the time to lock has improved on a cold start from 20 mins to about 7 mins

It works fine on the road bike but I also use a Garmin Edge 305 and via their website can print out wher I have been on Google maps very impressive . Iwould not use this on a mountain bike yet as I am not sure the plastic back on the unit will stand up to heavy vibration and I would hate to use the unit overboard after waiting so long for it !

This unit is clearly aimed at the non tech consumer outdoor market with its high quality packaging and selling thro retailers. If you do a bit of walking and biking by the time you have bought the unit , some hardware accessories and some 1:25 maps you are looking at the best part of £800 !
We are all early adopters and so helping sort the glitches but I think they will get their act together soon. Be proud that its designed in this country but made like most consumer electronics in China
If you are thinking of getting one but dithering then take the plunge as the larger the customer base the better
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.3!!!??? Shocked
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:

Yes my unit serial no 144 had V1.0 I think it can be found in "about " The new version sent is 1.3 was there a V1.1 or 1.2 ????
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael100 wrote:
robs1972 wrote:

Yes my unit serial no 144 had V1.0 I think it can be found in "about " The new version sent is 1.3 was there a V1.1 or 1.2 ????

So does it add any features or is it all bug fixes?
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
michael100 wrote:
robs1972 wrote:

So does it add any features or is it all bug fixes?

All seems to be bug fixes
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the v1.3 update solve many problems? If it stops the machine freezing then i want it. I dont suppose it will be available on the website until june 2009 so I think it'll have to be direct from satmap via the telephone! When I bought it I was under the impression it had one of the the best gps receptions on the market, on a par with the 60csx. seems it has the same chip but the aerial is not up to standard, is this the case? They did indeed tell me that last week the satsync software would be available at the end of this week, and now its in 2 or 3 weeks. we've all bought machines that arnt fully operational. i would probably have preferd it if they'd delayed the launch by another month and released everything all at once. lookig forward to the future though for everything to be working. Does anyone know which batterys they were using when they quoted 50 hrs battery life? whats the best youve had so far?
Yasack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys (and Girls),

I have seen on this forum in the last few entries, mentions of Software V1.3 and V1.03.

Can you advice where this upgrade is available from? I have now registered my A10 on the SatMap web site, but can't see anything reffering to an upgrade.

Regards,

Richard
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am informed today by Satmap that the latest is V1.03 (not 1.3). I believe you would have to contact them directly and I would guess that until it's up on the website as a download, you'd need to be having a problem before they'd send it to you.
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PloddinPedro wrote:
I am informed today by Satmap that the latest is V1.03 (not 1.3). I believe you would have to contact them directly and I would guess that until it's up on the website as a download, you'd need to be having a problem before they'd send it to you.

So many posts in last 24 hours, must be a lot of Units sold
My software upgrade to V 1.03 came on a SD card with detailed instructions .I had to load it twice as the instructions anticipated but then it worked and has improved log on times , cured the freezing and seems to have cured the random snail trails . I only got it when buying a special 1:25 map (which was v expensive ) from Mark at Satmap

If as I am you are a naturally poor navigator you must have the 1:25 maps so start saving

I agree with the comments re Garmin Edge 305 and Satmap for cycling , there is a safety issue here for cyclists

I am confused with all the ideas re power saving . Satmap you need to put on the web site a detailed reference manual to answer all these questions as is common practice
Yasack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael100

Quote:
My software upgrade to V 1.03 came on a SD card with detailed instructions .I had to load it twice as the instructions anticipated but then it worked and has improved log on times , cured the freezing and seems to have cured the random snail trails . I only got it when buying a special 1:25 map (which was v expensive ) from Mark at Satmap

Any chance you might be able to send me a copy of this to try out on my A10? If not how do i go about getting a copy of it?

Regards,

Richard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will assume you are asking for a copy of the software update (which is free) and not the map as this would be very naughty and considered as illegal.

If you want the update to 1,03 for your device contact SatMap directly via their web site and I am sure they will assist/ supply what you need - my update is in the post (confirmed via e-mail earlier) - Mike
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yasack wrote:
michael100

Quote:

Any chance you might be able to send me a copy of this to try out on my A10? If not how do i go about getting a copy of it?

Regards,

Richard

I did not mean to imply that I only got it as a result of buying an expensive map , it was offered freely when I said I had probs with locking on I am sure they will send you it if you ask. If not you can borrow mine by phoning 07768 602144
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
..............If you want the update to 1,03 for your device contact SatMap directly via their web site and I am sure they will assist/ supply what you need - my update is in the post (confirmed via e-mail earlier) - Mike

I agree, Satmap are first class for assistance (hope it stays) i am also waiting for an SD card in the post with v1.03, i have had problems getting a satellite lock-on (and keeping it), they volunteered an update I didn’t ask for it.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you with active 10 devices using earlier software than release 1,03 get the upgrade from SatMap, it is easy and painless to install.

One thing that I will mention is my upgrade software SD card arrived and when inserted to the device it offered to install version 9999,99 which I thought a little strange!!

Undeterred I chose to install it anyway, during the install the orange progress bar goes across the screen all the time but you can see where it is from the file size and current position in the update, it takes around 6 or 7 minutes for this to complete.

The screen you are waiting for is this one:

Re-start the device and go to settings/ About and you should now see the new version number listed on the screen:

The instruction sheet that came with the free upgrade is excellent and easy to follow, it makes a change for a manufacturer to supply decent instructions, I hope they keep this up, my only reason for posting this with screen captures is the version number it tells you that it is about to install, this might put some people off, but it works fine since upgrading. - Mike
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
For those of you with active 10 devices using earlier software than release 1,03 get the upgrade from SatMap, it is easy and painless to install

For future reference how do you get those screen shots ?

Edit once MikeAlder to sort out the quote which was not displaying correctly

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: