Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - EverMore EverPhoto GPS datalogger review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

EverMore EverPhoto GPS datalogger review
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: EverMore EverPhoto GPS datalogger review Reply with quote

Evermore GT-800BT bluetooth GPS EverPhoto reviewOne of the little pleasures in life for me is to bring my various hobbies together one way or another. The thread that links driving, cycling, walking, diving and photography is GPS. Location data is used and in most cases crucial to the safe execution of a lot of these activities, but with photography the added location information allows me to share my images in a manner never before envisaged.

The EverMore EverPhoto is a great concept, take a GPS, and a digital camera, merge the technologies and get images with positional information. No longer do you have to rack your brains to try and work out where you took a particular photo, let the technology do that for you!

I have known EverMore for some time now. Their main markets are in Marine GPS, but they have also been strong in Bluetooth GPS devices and dataloggers. Their latest device the GT-800BT is a multi-purpose GPS system designed to be both a GPS datalogger and a Bluetooth GPS receiver at the same time.

You record your tracks, take your photos and when you get home the PhotoLogr software matches the two up and displays the results on Google Earth, or even creates a web site with links to Google Earth allowing you to share your pictures with your friends.

Click Here to read on to find out how the Evermore EverPhoto system worked in our field tests...

We have also created a short video demonstrating the features of the PhotoLogr software, demonstrating the ease with which your pictures can be incorporated into Google Earth.

EverMore GeoTagger software overview
Click here for a demo of the GeoTagger software

Last edited by MikeB on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
SharpEye
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Photologgythingy Reply with quote

Hmmmm - nice piece of kit.

I can see it being very handy when our Guys go out to take photo's of sites and then try to remember where they actually were. Embarassed

So where can I get one of these and how much are they?

SharpEye
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Photologgythingy Reply with quote

SharpEye wrote:
Hmmmm - nice piece of kit.

I can see it being very handy when our Guys go out to take photo's of sites and then try to remember where they actually were. Embarassed

So where can I get one of these and how much are they?

SharpEye

I was using it with my son when he was house hunting. It is great for organising the pictures of the places you visited...

I am still trying to find out who the European and USA distributors for the EverMore products are. I will update you as soon as I find out.

These systems are expected to become available during September.
smiley1081
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, which one of the Vulcans is that one?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you watch the video that goes with the review you can make out the photos coordinates and identify it is SouthEnd Airport which means it is XL426 Here - Mike
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
If you watch the video that goes with the review you can make out the photos coordinates and identify it is SouthEnd Airport which means it is XL426 Here - Mike

There is also a big clue when I mention "... as we drill down we can see the runways at Southend airport..." :D
smiley1081
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time I was at the office, and the movie didn't work.

I love thos beasts...
saywell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: A very basic flaw Reply with quote

If it doesn't put the GPS data into the image EXIF, what's the point?

This would seem to be a basic requirement of any such system, so the position data stays with the image whatever software you're using.

William
chapsworth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than another GPS device to carry around, can you do this sort of thing from say a Garmin 60CSX and appropriate software whatever that may be Question
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: A very basic flaw Reply with quote

saywell wrote:

This would seem to be a basic requirement of any such system, so the position data stays with the image whatever software you're using.

William

You can get cameras with in-built GPS - but this is the next best solution. The small datalogger can be kept in your pocket, clipped to the camera strap - wherever you like.

When you have a large memory card in your camera and you take lots of photos at a variety of locations before downloading (eg holidays etc) then it is very useful to be able to get the data matched up.

The extra little bit of effort required to match the GP log with th EXIF picture information is well worth it in my opinion. How many times have you looked at old photos and thought "Where was that taken?" (Digital cameras have already solved the "How long ago was that?" question) Wink

I would expect cameras not to neccessarily to have in-built GPS but the ability to link by bluetooth to a GPS unit - not too difficult to achieve.

All it needs now is the compass direction the camera was pointing to complete the info (so you can identify features on a panoramic shot).

I use one (a datalogger) and find it quite acceptable in practice.
Barkley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find galling is that I have more GPSs that I can shake a stick at, yet there is no software (that I'm aware of) that will look at the track and present a Lat?Lon to add to the picture EXIF data. I'm expected to buy a datalogger especially for my camera!
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley wrote:
What I find galling is that I have more GPSs that I can shake a stick at, yet there is no software (that I'm aware of) that will look at the track and present a Lat?Lon to add to the picture EXIF data. I'm expected to buy a datalogger especially for my camera!

Try here and the associated how-to for at least one application - you should be able to find others with google (try EXIF Editor)
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A very basic flaw (EXIF) Reply with quote

saywell wrote:

William

William, I completely agree.
Its a fundamental requirement.
Without that, its a dead end. It is proprietary software that ensures you stick with Everphoto.
Jim
jimbo09990
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A very basic flaw Reply with quote

saywell wrote:

William

Just to reply to this. I have one of these (courtesy of the last competition :-) ) and it works really well. The software is a querky but the latest version downloaded from their website is better than the shipped version.

The GPS data is uploaded into the EXIF info of each image by the software (if you want it to).

Regards

Jim
Davemazo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo

I am also a winner of one of these things but for the life of me I can`t get it to work properly. The first problem I had is described in another post but I have now solved that one by installing the latest software. But now I can`t load photos into the software without getting the message "photos combine nothing". This message is described in the PDF file from the Evermore website but their solution doesn`t work for me. Even if I take a new photo with all dates correct it still doesn`t work. Are you having this problem at all.

Last edited by Davemazo on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: