Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live 7 has now started shipping
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live 7 has now started shipping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Live 7 has now started shipping Reply with quote

On Friday 2nd November ALK started shipping the new version of thier CoPilot software. This co-incided with the Stuff Show 2007 and MPH 07. I had a demo of CoPilot 7 way back in February at the 3GSM Congress in Barcelona, and they have been going through extensive testing since then.

CoPilot Live V7 is not just a cosmetic makeover of the previous versions, it is a complete re-write. The first thing you will notice is the User Interface it has been designed to be completely skinable so that the look and feel can be changed very quickly to brand the product for different OEM or Wireless carriers. The iPhone has made the headlines this week, but at the same time O2 have released an O2 XDA Orbit with GPS and CoPilot software.

We will be producing a full review of the software in the next few weeks, but in the mean time for those of you who havent seen it yet here are some screen dumps:

topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking like a great alternative now to TomTom, Can someone please answer a few questions?

If I read this wright it will work on the Nokia N95 and use the inbuilt GPS?

I have only ever brought TomTom since it was released from day 1 and have upgraded every time a new version has come out, Can someone who has used both comment on how they feel going from TomTom to CoPilot. As I have used various other gps solutions but in my opinion non have every come close to TomTom.
prl1862
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it for a week and have been very happy with it so far. I have been able to import the speed camera database successfully (after some manipulation) and have used it a couple of times to get me to new places. The only problem so far is that the Live component doesn't work on my Vario III. I have logged a support query with ALK and they are working on the problem.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prl1862 wrote:
I've had it for a week and have been very happy with it so far. I have been able to import the speed camera database successfully (after some manipulation) and have used it a couple of times to get me to new places. The only problem so far is that the Live component doesn't work on my Vario III. I have logged a support query with ALK and they are working on the problem.

for info the Mio (MTC) format has heading info if you fncy 'borrowing' the data from that download until i get the offiial cp7 format sorted?

MaFt
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using it for a few weeks. It's a huge improvement over 6, that's for sure.
prl1862
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
for info the Mio (MTC) format has heading info if you fncy 'borrowing' the data from that download until i get the offiial cp7 format sorted?

MaFt

I had a look at the MTC format in POIEdit. It looks a little too complicated to convert. I'm happy to wait for the proper version.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prl1862 wrote:
MaFt wrote:

MaFt

I had a look at the MTC format in POIEdit. It looks a little too complicated to convert. I'm happy to wait for the proper version.

it should also have a plain asc file (rename to .csv and open in excel) then just make sure the id's or lat/lon are in samorder and copy/paste the heading column

MaFt
prl1862
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I've added the heading in and will see how they work.
Landy_man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Co Pilot 7 Reply with quote

I have just installed CoPilot 7 on an E-Ten X500+, works very nicely except that Co Pilot wouldn't hold internal GPS Port settings. Work around was to diasble the wm6 gps port sharing.. Co Pilot then works fine. Co Pilot Central barely works on Vista, have raised an incident report, and am waiting. I was not the first!

Last edited by Landy_man on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
101sean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big improvement over CP6 and will be interested to see what else they develop over time. Was worth the 6 month wait although I suspect there were a few who gave up on it (I nearly did).

I did have a big problem loading it initially as I posted elsewhere, my Mitac Mio A201 didn't like the micro SD card so I copied the set up onto my old 1GB SD card and it loaded and runs OK. Informed ALK but no explanation, just replied glad I had sorted it.

Well pleased with it otherwise but despite Navteq recently mapping Ireland it didn't have the boreen my friends live on as I found the first time I used it.

Copilot central can be a bit slow to load on mine (XP with loads of crap running in background Embarassed )
prl1862
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heading worked fine on my drive home last night and to work this morning.
Hiznibz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. For what it's worth, CoPilot 7 seems much smoother, and a lot more stable than the older V6 on my Orbit. (I have just upgraded the Orbit to WM6) I've noticed that I can be using a BT receiver with it, go into a shop with my Orbit, and return, and it will pick up and continue perfectly - which I don't think I ever saw V6 doing. The larger icons are excellent, and CoPilot Central works well on my home computer (Win XP Pro) - it's fast, and I've already used it to sync with my PDA, and install an upgrade absolutely painlessly.. Very impressed. The ALK online help gives 2 ways of installing Safety Camera info - but going by the map upgrade I did, I would say that through Central would be the easiest way in the future. I see that ALK have a lot of other features planned using Central - it all looks good. BTW, with V6, if I approached a camera, there would frequently be a warning no matter which way I was driving - in V7, it seems to only call them if they are going to affect you in the direction you are currently travelling. However, I do get the feeling that the official ALK database doesn't seem to be quite so comprehensive as the one here - need to check a few more sites yet..
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silly question time why would you need to use a bt receiver with an orbit

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topgearuk wrote:
This is looking like a great alternative now to TomTom, Can someone please answer a few questions?

If I read this wright it will work on the Nokia N95 and use the inbuilt GPS?

I have only ever brought TomTom since it was released from day 1 and have upgraded every time a new version has come out, Can someone who has used both comment on how they feel going from TomTom to CoPilot. As I have used various other gps solutions but in my opinion non have every come close to TomTom.

Can anyone help?
Stace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errm?
Anyone know what the specs for the hardware are? Been on ALKs site, and it just says how fabulous it is and we should all buy it.
Well? Will it run on my Mio168 or will i be getting an early christmas pressie to myself

Ta Stace

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: