Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stu.

First Class Service Laughing

I for one will be in the queue at the bar to buy you a beer should our paths cross Guinness
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Yep should have the October update for V7, I did mine yesterday in front of a live audience at the Stuff show via GPRS.....
If you scroll down under useful adress section to GBR safety cameras you can see the last one installed.....whats is say?

I have the same problem as 'ianwarrilow' in that I also only have the August update for the speed camera update in Content Manager and when I click update it does nothing and I do have an internet broadband connection. Could it be that those that have updated are using the camera database for Europe and not just the UK & Ireland. I can click TOOLS and update GPRS settings and it states download successful so that part works OK, just not the speed camera database. I cannot update directly on the unit using GPRS as I do not have a GPRS subscription on my phone as it is only an O2 Pay&GO, so not possible.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

Version 7 successfully installed in about 2 hours thank you Laughing

Apart from the lack of TMC, partly due to coverage, partly due to 'string', everything looks great although some of it obviously unfamiliar. I look forward to using it in earnest (have you tried putting that in as a destination?)

I was hoping that my problems would be cured with regard to the website once upgraded but I'm afraid not.

Since day 1 (version 6) I have not been able to use the My Favourites page or the Maps page. The site shows me as logged in, the Profile page says Hello 'me' at the top as does the My GPS page, but just Hello on My Favourites and no links work to add any addresses etc. (I thought the ones on the 980 would appear here). The map page lets me fill in search details then rolls up the dialogue boxes on the left that I've just entered info into and doesn't do anything else.

I did originally report this to Customer Services and they said it was a known problem that was being fixed, that was 3 or 4 months ago.

Sorry this is long.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Would a call from tech services at a time to suit you help? I will ask them to call you if you PM me a number to call you on,

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy installing my v7 upgrade now. Can't wait to have a play. Now just need to come up with some reason for going out tonight Laughing Out Loud. Wink
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just finished installing v7 Europe, took about 2 hrs 20 mins and then also had a look at Content Manager.

Wow! what an improvement. Do you guys at VM realise how much better this is than just about anything else on the market in terms of POI, functionality etc

I am well impressed. This is far superior to anything else I saw.

All you need to do now is some first class marketing and promo and then TomTom and Garmin should be worried

Well done and thanks!
ianwarrilow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wecpc,

Just to clarify, I didnt have any problem updating from August camera database to October , I was trying to help someone else to do the update. You might have something with the Uk & Ireland vs Europe though, I was updating a 980T with full Europe mapping.
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianwarrilow wrote:
wecpc,

Just to clarify, I didnt have any problem updating from August camera database to October , I was trying to help someone else to do the update. You might have something with the Uk & Ireland vs Europe though, I was updating a 980T with full Europe mapping.

I also had no problem... I have Europe mapping.
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianwarrilow wrote:
wecpc,

I am beginning to think that I was now correct listening to others, that the problem is with the UK & Ireland mapping as everyone that appears to have it working are using European mapping. I have since tried installing it now on a laptop with a different OS ie Win XP Home this time and the same problem occurred, that now makes installs on 2 different PC's with 3 different O/S's.
My only other thought that it may be my BT Home Hub, because when I click update in Contact Manager my Internet & Data hub lights blink twice and thats all. I have already tried turning off the Windows OneCare Live firewall and the firewall in the hub without any change.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wecpc,

This may seem obvious, I don't recall seeing the exact steps you took, but are you clicking update and then synchronising with the device through Content Manager? Clicking just the update or add button does not upload to the device, only synchronising does.

Sorry if I've misunderstood
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu, I was wondering if you're able to give us a more detailed description of the 7.0.2 patch?

The current description states:
"With this patch, you will improve the operation of your ViaMichelin Navigation version 7 software, route calculation and Content Manager application under Windows 2000, XP and Vista.
Access to and use of your content and services via GPRS* will also be more user-friendly. "

If find this a little vague...Do you know what it actually fixes with the route calc's, GPRS etc?
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Stu I got 2 calls from Tech Services at lunchtime today, although it appears one of them was for someone else, but they were both very polite and tried to help with the My ViaMichelin website problem I mentioned a few posts ago.

They couldn't help me but suggested that maybe something was blocking some elements on the page, or that my Java wasn't up to date.

I confirmed that my Java was up to date and started checking other things. I turned off pop up blockers etc to no avail. Eventually it turns out that by turning off ad-blocking in Symantecs Norton Internet Security the links started to work Confused I've now managed to get some functionality out of it, but it's still a bit flaky. Those ads don't half get in the way though !

I just thought I'd give some feedback in case anyone else is having the same problems
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
wecpc,

This may seem obvious, I don't recall seeing the exact steps you took, but are you clicking update and then synchronising with the device through Content Manager? Clicking just the update or add button does not upload to the device, only synchronising does.

Sorry if I've misunderstood

I am clicking the update button and then the sychronising button but nothing happens. I would have thought anyway, that after clicking update it would show the October date and then download when hitting the synchronise button, but nothing happens not even a progress indicator.
Regarding the 2nd call you received, that you said was for someone else, well I think it was mine, as I am still awaiting a call from Tech Support, arranged by Stu. The last time I had an arranged call from Tech Support again arranged by Stu for a previous problem, I had no call at all. I eventually worked out the problem myself, which was a problem with Vista's UAC and VM's unsigned drivers. I know that Stu is doing his very best on this forum but I am afraid the support side is let down very badly by their own Tech Support in France, giving their company a bad name in my opinion.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wecpc,

You have to hit the update, then the add, then the synchronisation button.

The other call was for johnandmarkuk if he's listening Wink
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
wecpc,

You have to hit the update, then the add, then the synchronisation button.

The other call was for johnandmarkuk if he's listening Wink

Call, what call ???

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: