Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map of Western Europe v7.10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map of Western Europe v7.10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just consider yourself lucky? Wish I had that.
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got access to a 520 and a XL UK (Regional).

The 520 accepted the map guarantee, and downloaded 7.10 (it came with 7.05), and has no problems. Indeed it will download the same map over and over if I let it (all only activated for my 520 though).

The XL, despite being purchased approx 45 days ago, seems to think it has a map guarantee still, but gives me a "Your device already has the latest map" error.

Can someone confirm whether the software will default to "already has the latest map" error, if your guarantee is used up?

If not, then maybe I can demand a new map for the XL from tomtom.
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's ONLY the ONE 3rd Edition & X20 series that has this latest map guarantee.
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a quick count... I also purchased within the 30 day map guarantee time... And I never get offered the new maps, and when I try to doit manually and told I have the latest available maps also...

I've raised a support question with TT over this one.

H
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franb wrote:
I think it's ONLY the ONE 3rd Edition & X20 series that has this latest map guarantee.

thanks - i thought so too, but I don't get an error with the XL - just a note saying its got the latest map, which it hasn't .
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are just trying not to disappoint you...
They have done this before with v6, where they think there are not enough significant differences to make it worth your while updating from what you've got. I guess they are trying to avoid complaints like "I paid $$$$ for this map and it's no different from the old one!" They can't win really!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iyad wrote:
Dennis, I do not understand this 30 days map gurantee. My 720 habe purchased since the first week of it is launch, I have been offered thethe download of map 7.10 with Home 2 everytime I connect. Someone please explain this.
I don't think even Tom Tom understand the 30 days "Latest Map Guarantee"! My own personal understanding is that if you buy a 720 and they issue a new map within 30 days of you first using the 720, you can have the new map free. However, implementing that guarantee seems to be quite beyond them. As you can see in the recent posts here (including your own), some people who you might think are not entitled to it are getting it and others you would expect to be entitled to it are not. In some cases there seems to be a time limit of 30 days from purchase in which to claim it, in others the time limit seems unlimited!!

Last night in an attempt to circumvent TT's refusal on mine, thinking there might be some record of all my (faulty) 720s in TT Home, I went to my MacBook and loaded TT Home on that, presumably a nice clean installation, no prior records. Unfortunately it won't upgrade on Mac to Home 2, so I only got Home 1.6. Nevertheless I tried to upgrade by using the "Activate my promotion" feature. Without success, it said my code was either invalid or was expired.

I shall now wait for TT's next reply and if it's not a winner, GO720 #5 is going back to Halfords for a refund and #6 will be bought somewhere else where I'll have a clean receipt as proof of purchase for the map guarantee.

As for the "no significant changes" argument, don't I recall that the first release of 7.10 was only for the x20 models and became available for other models a bit later? (Old man's memory?). And why is it OK for me to BUY the 7.10 map from their website if it's not an improvement for my 720? If it's not an improvement, it shouldn't be available for the 720/520.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
rory1968
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: new maps Reply with quote

thanks for the replies re:Jersey maps.I will stick with my non map sharing NAVTEQ maps.Interestingly the new Radisson SAS hotel is also in the sea on my Navteq maps,but,the speed cameras are on dry land,
cheers,Mike
WeeMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go Classic Reply with quote

Hello,

Can I please ask? I am a Tom Tom Go Classic user am I entiled to free maps

Many Thanks

Mark...
Western Europe Map Version 710.1561
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom Go Classic Reply with quote

WeeMarky wrote:
Can I please ask? I am a Tom Tom Go Classic user am I entiled to free maps
Unfortunately not. This is only for the x20 users, and then not all them are able to get them.

You would be limited to getting the V675 Maps at the moment as the V7 Software is not available for the Classic yet.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
WeeMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Many Thanks Oldboy..

Mark..
Western Europe Map Version 710.1561
Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I don't think even Tom Tom understand the 30 days "Latest Map Guarantee"! My own personal understanding is that if you buy a 720 and they issue a new map within 30 days of you first using the 720, you can have the new map free. However, implementing that guarantee seems to be quite beyond them. As you can see in the recent posts here (including your own), some people who you might think are not entitled to it are getting it and others you would expect to be entitled to it are not. In some cases there seems to be a time limit of 30 days from purchase in which to claim it, in others the time limit seems unlimited!!

I agree, TomTom seems not to have any idea what they have promised and how to solve it.
They have researched my complaint now a week without any sensible result. In one answer they promised to handle this mess before the 30 day limit. I do not know, maybe next step is the office for consumer affairs. Twisted Evil
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you actually get an error message or just the usual "you already have the latest map".

For the record, the guarantee worked spot on for me - after I had first upgraded to 2.0, and then downloaded another update (think it was to 2.1.21.1212121.2.1.2.1.2.1.2.1..2.1.2 or something like that! :P )
Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
Do you actually get an error message or just the usual "you already have the latest map".

I get the message: you already have the latest map. Same with all the Home 2.x versions (since 2nd November).
georgemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a reply from TomTom today asking me to send them a copy of my receipt for the device, wither by replying to the email (which you cannot do but have to log in to a support website link) or by fax.

I have pasted in a copy of my paypal receipt, and a link to the item, which I purchased brand new, still selophane wrapped, off an Ebay seller.

I will await the next reply, but think because I bought it from an Ebay seller they perhaps will treat the purchase differently to a major high street or online retailer?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: