Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map of Western Europe v7.10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map of Western Europe v7.10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting hard to work out where we stand, with so many reports scattered around so many different posts.
But many people HAVE been getting Mapshare corrections (see this forum). As a gut feeling, without wading through everything again, is it just Gox10 owners who aren't?
rory1968
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: V7 maps Reply with quote

Hi,can someone check if the new maps have Jersey Island at street level please.My navteq map has but,not unable to use mapshare.The teleatlas i got in the summer had no coverage for Jersey,so,don't want to buy V7 if no better than the Navteq map I have currently,Thanks,mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey still just a green blob on v7.05 maps (with 2 PGPSW speed cameras in the sea off the North Coast - so it's not even in the right place according to Navteq!)

Amazingly, it's still like that on Google Maps too (they are using TeleAtlas there as well)

Last edited by Andy_P on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
georgemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TomTom One XL. I posted a map correction on the device and uploaded it around mid October. I never got any mapshare updates until yesterday, when I downloaded the latest version of TomTom Home, when it also uploaded the correction again.
gray52
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this new map come with an updated post code folder as well?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of Home software have you got loaded to the PC as this might be responsible for no Map Share updates?

As for the Channel Islands only the Nav Teq maps currently have this area covered, it was last seen on the One XL Europe IIRC -Mike
kitano71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a go910 with the version 7.160 installed and, up to few days ago, with the map Western Europe v. 6.75.
With this map I had begun to use Mapshare and I had succeeded in doing both the upload and the download of some updatings.
Now, from when I have also installed the map Western and Central Europe v 7.10, normally I succeed in effecting the upload but I have not received yet updating of the map through MapShare.
A doubt has come to me. Is it possible that the updatings are tied up to the specific version of the map? In fact Icontinue receiving updatings on the 6.75 but nothing on the 7.10? Maybe the owners of this new version have not reached yet a good number of concordant corrections that can be shared with the other consumers.
Can someone confirm to have already done corrections on the map version 7.10 that are already published through MapShare to the other users?
In that case I would have some problems because I don't receive these updatings.
Sorry for my poor English.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: V7 maps Reply with quote

Hi rory1968,

rory1968 wrote:
Hi,can someone check if the new maps have Jersey Island at street level please.My navteq map has but,not unable to use mapshare.The teleatlas i got in the summer had no coverage for Jersey,so,don't want to buy V7 if no better than the Navteq map I have currently,Thanks,mike

AFAIK, Tele Atlas has not yet released any map data that covers the Channel Islands.

I have a TomTom ONE NE Western Europe (Navteq) Map so that I can navigate around Jersey. If navigating around Jersey is one of your requirements then you had best leave your current maps alone.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartsa wrote:
I got my GO720T on 17th October and now TomTom has promised to load the latest map to my account when I send them my invoice. I did it today, let's see what's happening and when Shocked
This REALLY, REALLY annoys me. I too got my 720 on 17th October. Why should I have to send proof of purchase? TomTom have chosen to have a "security" system which requires an email address for each and every GO, so my 720 is logged against my email address. That email address was logged against my specific serial number 720 and cannot be used for any other TomTom device. It didn't get activated until 17th October - if TT are so good at security that they can restrict me to one device to one email address, surely they must also record when that device was first used with that address - Map guarantee says 30 days from when I first start using my GO720, so my GO720 must know when it was first used. Or am I asking too much? Is their security system so good it can refuse to allow me to use an illegal map, yet so weak they cannot rely on it to record inside itself the date of first usage?

What method does the GO720 use to check whether it's entitled (within 30 days) to a free map update? Some people have had a free update, some haven't. How does the system know?

I am now on the brink of cheating to by-passing this problem. I have had one repeat of the fault which got me a replacement from Halfords on 17th October. At the time, I took a replacement rather than the refund they offered me, because I WANT a TTGO720 and getting a replacement saved me going elsewhere for yet another. But I do have a Nokia recording of the problem, so it is within my ability to go back to Halfords and demonstrate the problem and insist on a refund, then go to Maplins next door and get another!! What a load of ********* !!!

I've just had another thought - perhaps Home is the culprit? Maybe I should put a brand new clean installation of Home onto my previously un-Homed MacBook, then see if that gets me the map update?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
georgemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom home is still telling me

Your Device Came with the latest map

Currently there is no map update needed

My map version is 6.75 Great Britain and Ireland

In the TomTom shop it shows this map available
Map of Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland v_7.10
for £29.95

Now how was I to know a new map was made available in the 30 day gaurantee period, TomTom have my email address but did not tell me? The software I installed from TomTom also seems to be denying me the right to use the map guarantee anyway

I like the device, but the map update confusion is not good at all, and I am not going to pay £30 just a month after buying a new sat nav unit. I will wait and see the response, if I get one from TomTom, should be within 24 hours if they stick to their service promise.

If no response is forthcoming, I would rather punt it on Ebay and buy another - and if I do it won't be a TomTom
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gray52 wrote:
does this new map come with an updated post code folder as well?
No. It uses the existing Postcode Files.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here you go. I've been trying since 1st November to get my Latest Map Guarantee new Western Europe Map v710. TomTom's latest response received about 20 minutes ago is that there is no newer map than the one I've got!! I have replied disagreeing.
Quote:
Customer 07/11/2007 07.20 PM
Your latest reply is WRONG.
See my first message which said I have map v705.1480 and that you have a new map v710.
Your website says you have a new map :- http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php?D=57&Language=1&P=421
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Adelia C. (UK)) 07/11/2007 07.08 PM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your map upgrade.

The message you are receiving is correct as there is no newer map available for your device.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate contacting us.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 04/11/2007 07.29 PM
I do not get the opportunity to use the code (" ******** ") - when I click on File, Use latest map guarantee, the result is as shown here, a statement that "Your device came with the latest map. Currently there is no map update needed".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Adelia C. (UK)) 03/11/2007 10.31 AM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Please try accessing the latest map once more via TomTom Home. You will need to use the code you were provided. Should you have the issue again that it is not being offered, please send us a screen shot and a copy of your proof of purchase so that we can investigate the map further.

With Best Regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 01/11/2007 07.38 PM
My GO720 was purchased on 17th October 2007.
My map is Western_Europe v705.1480.
You have a new map v710.
When in TT Home I select to Use Latest Map Guarantee it tells me there is no new map.
How do I exercise my Latest Map Guarantee to obtain the latest map?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MikeDJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry if this is a really basic question, but I am confused about the choice of maps available. I have a GO 500, and I know I will need a larger SD card, so ignore that for the moment.
I wanted a map of Belgium, but the Western Europe offer seems so much better value. Problem - which one?

On the TT website, if I enter GO500, I am offered 'Map of Western Europe v_7.10 size 953MB, with 21 countries.

If I enter GO720 (e.g), I am offered 'Map of Western Europe v7.10 size 1785MB, with the same 21 countries. So what exactly is the difference for double the size??

[I see there is also Map of Western & Central Europe at 2036MB, but I'm not interested in Central Europe right now.]

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Mike DJ
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The argument has raged in the past over what, if anything, has been left out to squeeze the maps into a smaller space for some machines (mainly water features etc, but the occasional small road too?).

In this case, however, I think you'll find that the huge difference in size is mainly due to the Text to Speech data files included with the 720 version of the map.
iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Well, here you go. I've been trying since 1st November to get my Latest Map Guarantee new Western Europe Map v710. TomTom's latest response received about 20 minutes ago is that there is no newer map than the one I've got!! I have replied disagreeing.
Quote:
Customer 07/11/2007 07.20 PM
Your latest reply is WRONG.
See my first message which said I have map v705.1480 and that you have a new map v710.
Your website says you have a new map :- http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php?D=57&Language=1&P=421
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Adelia C. (UK)) 07/11/2007 07.08 PM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your map upgrade.

The message you are receiving is correct as there is no newer map available for your device.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate contacting us.

With Best Regards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 04/11/2007 07.29 PM
I do not get the opportunity to use the code (" ******** ") - when I click on File, Use latest map guarantee, the result is as shown here, a statement that "Your device came with the latest map. Currently there is no map update needed".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Adelia C. (UK)) 03/11/2007 10.31 AM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Please try accessing the latest map once more via TomTom Home. You will need to use the code you were provided. Should you have the issue again that it is not being offered, please send us a screen shot and a copy of your proof of purchase so that we can investigate the map further.

With Best Regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 01/11/2007 07.38 PM
My GO720 was purchased on 17th October 2007.
My map is Western_Europe v705.1480.
You have a new map v710.
When in TT Home I select to Use Latest Map Guarantee it tells me there is no new map.
How do I exercise my Latest Map Guarantee to obtain the latest map?

Dennis, I do not understand this 30 days map gurantee. My 720 habe purchased since the first week of it is launch, I have been offered thethe download of map 7.10 with Home 2 everytime I connect. Someone please explain this.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: