Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcity - should have read this forum!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcity - should have read this forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Navcity - should have read this forum! Reply with quote

We live and learn.
Ordered tomtom car kit for iPAQ 2210, took my money, no notice of the item being out of stock - then nothing.
E-mails go un-answered, can't get phone response.
Suppose I'll have to write to them and hope my credit card can get them to refund money
Wizzo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to join the list of very unhappy Navcity customers. placed a order for ipaq holder and two clips over two months ago received the holder last week still no clips
mails also go unanswered.
I'm in the process of claiming my money bank from my credit card company. I was told they have had problems with this company before (Would not expand on what sort of problems !)
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing what a fax can do!
Gave them a deadline and told them I would see them in the small claims court.
Item arrived today - posted "next day guaranteed"
tmg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Navcity Reply with quote

My experience of Navcity was somewhat different when I bought an IPAQ 3970 + navman 2450 last spring. He (there only seemed to be 1 person) very helpful. I may just have been lucky, as what I did was to buy over the internet using a credit card. As the address for delivery differed from the card holders registered address it forced them to ring me.

I then arranged to collect the goods in person from their premises (which like a lot of internet sites look a lot different to the snazzy sites). It was in fact the basement of a camera shop round the corner from the "advertised premises" in Tottenham Court Road which is a sales counter inside somebody elses shop.

This may not be the solution for everybody but if your spending £100's its worth the train-fare.

PS its always worth checking the small section on web-sites about the company. If the company name ie "Navcity" doesn't match the location address "Microworld 2000", or the registered company name "R.I.A. Technologies Ltd" or registered address "New Xford Street",

then "buyer beware"[/b]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: