Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve148
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TomThom - yeah, I was logged-in to post that message and I still am.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you said that I just hovered the cursor over the camera manager icon and guess what it said "cannot connect to pocketgpsworld.com"

So I right clicked the icon and told it to check now . Voila, gone, finito, no probs , now it says "camera manager idle"

worth a try

Very Happy

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Steve148
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tomthompson"]After you said that I just hovered the cursor over the camera manager icon and guess what it said "cannot connect to pocketgpsworld.com"

So I right clicked the icon and told it to check now . Voila, gone, finito, no probs , now it says "camera manager idle" quote]

Thanks TomThom -

I tried clicking on the icon to 'check now', but it continues the "Cannot Find PocketGPSWorld.com database link" messages. Also tried closing my firewall in case it was blocking traffic, but no joy.

Dangnabbit! Mad
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is trying to get voice warnings on Garmin's Streetpilot C510 - I have tried over some time and am pretty sure I've done everything as per the guidance. I even tried both Oggwincs and Audacity to convert Ash's mp3 files to WAV in case the slightly different format (size, bps) was significant.

So far it refuses to work, so I think it must be like the i3, just lacking the capability. I know tomthompson got ot it work on a Streetpilot 2720 which, like mine doesn't support mp3, but I have failed miserably.

So if anyone is thinking of this on a 510 don't feel too optimistic. BUT if anyone DOES get it working PLEEEESE let me know
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash - at the moment I'm using the 4.2.0.0. BETA version of POILoader trying to get WAV voices. CM is giving me constant 'updates ready for loading', presumably because I'm not on the current version. As far as I can see there is a bit of an ongoing need for a number of people to use the BETA - would it be easy to make an exception for this one version please?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Ash - at the moment I'm using the 4.2.0.0. BETA version of POILoader trying to get WAV voices. CM is giving me constant 'updates ready for loading', presumably because I'm not on the current version.

Try the Cancel Reminders option from the main menu Wink
Steven-f
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Problem Reply with quote

Aargh! Downloaded the camera manager software OK.
I'm logged in on pocketgpsworld.com 0 can check my account OK and download the database manually and its fine.

But...

Camera manager keeps giving me the message "not logged in to poicketgpsworld.com" and won't let me get any further.

Help please. I'd love to use it at the warning +ACPO margin woudl b a major help - or is there any other way of getting that please?

Thanks

Steve
ps If its of use I'm using IE7 on Vista, with Norton 360.
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASH, is there a way of altering the overspeed bongs?
I ask as for some reason my Nuvi 310 is only bonging every 4 seconds. It used to bong every second and I can't find out why?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this was changed by Garmin a while back in a firmware update - have you recently (or since you last noticed the 1 second bongs) updated the software in your unit?
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been running latest. Have gone back to 3.1 which appears to be the last one before speed warnings are mentioned in the version history so shall try that.
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the overspeed bongs, going back to 3.1 works, now bonging every second if speeding!
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: database link Reply with quote

[quote="Steve148"]
tomthompson wrote:
After you said that I just hovered the cursor over the camera manager icon and guess what it said "cannot connect to pocketgpsworld.com"

So I right clicked the icon and told it to check now . Voila, gone, finito, no probs , now it says "camera manager idle" quote]

Thanks TomThom -

I tried clicking on the icon to 'check now', but it continues the "Cannot Find PocketGPSWorld.com database link" messages. Also tried closing my firewall in case it was blocking traffic, but no joy.

Dangnabbit! Mad

Did you find the solution as I also suddenly have this problem?
Steven-f
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Still got problem - any suggestion Reply with quote

I still can't get it to work - still have the "Not Logged in to PocketGPSWORLD" message, yet I am. I've tried all Stick170s suggestions and that didn't work - anyone able to help?

Alternatively, Ash, is there any way of using the converter to manually configure the files..
I've got the pgpsworld speed cam files downloaded, but want to convert them so I get the ACPO +10% warnings and your nice icons - is there a chance that the software could just be run to do the convert and generate the new gpx/download files that POI loader could then put onto my device?

It would be a real help if someone could assist

Thanks
Steve
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: database link Reply with quote

This just happened this morning. I noticed a message saying something like "updating files ..." and then saw this message "Cannot fine PocketGPSWorld.com database link". I have been using this for some time and never have had any problems. Nothing has changed on my laptop from yesterday. I downloaded the emailed version again but the error remains.

Very frustrating!
Steven-f
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Success Reply with quote

I finally sorted the problem...

Followed the instructions of Stick170 on page 26 of this thread, and the keys were:

1. I turned of protected mode on Internet Explorer
2. Turned off completely my Norton Internet Security (Virus and firewall)
3. Cleared all the internet history, cache etc.
4. Rebooted
5. Logged in and downloaded camera database
5. Loaded camera manager

het presto, everything works, and then I reenabled the protected mode in IE7 and Norton, and everything still works.

Excellent
Thanks
Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 31 of 77

Jump to: