Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems copying Navigon 6 maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems copying Navigon 6 maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEELEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Problems copying Navigon 6 maps Reply with quote

I can install Navigon 6 straight onto a 2 Gig card without problems. Installation is only possible directly from the PC onto a card, not via Active Sync to the PDA.

My problem is that the Europe map almost fills the 2 Gig card. I have 4 Gig cards that work fine in both the LOOX N560 and my PC's except that Navigon cannot see it! All other applications work fine on these cards.

I can copy the files from the 2 Gig to the 4 Gig card and whilst the files look OK, Navigon then reports that the maps are not for this version. The files must have some unusual format or properties to prevent copying from card to card.

Does anyone know of a copy program that will preserve the structure of the files and so allow me to install additional applications on the same card please?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the two gig card 'any old card' or is it the one that the nav software came on?
The Mio software that comes on an SD is locked to that particular SD card and you can't copy it to another card, or a 'hardware error' type message is produced. Perhaps you have a similar problem? I have also heard of problems with 4 gig SD cards with some PDA/PNAs
M8TEY
BEELEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks M8TJT.

Both the 2 Gig and 4 Gig cards were new before Navigon was copied from the installation disc. All the other applications that I have tried work fine with the 4 Gig and PDA.

Some of the other files had become corrupt on the 4 Gig card and could not be deleted. In the end I reformatted the card in the PC using the Panasonic SD card formatter. I then copied all the Navigon 6 files from the working 2 Gig card to my PC hard disc and then recopied these files back to the 4 Gig card.

At start-up, using the 4 Gig card, the error message has now changed to 'the SD card is write protected, exit, unprotect and start again'.

The card is not write protected but looking at the file properties via the PC, they are marked as read only. I can click on the 'write protect' box then 'apply'. The dialogue indicates that the file attributes have been changed but after repeating on the other folders and when rechecking they show as being back to read only again. I know the 2 Gig card produces the same error if the write protect switch is activated, presumably temporary files have to be written to the card but I can write to the 4 Gig card using Word etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed please?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: