Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjm2k wrote:
Mine is on its way back, so fingers crossed, though in the email they've managed to change me from a Mr to a Mrs somehow, so I'll probably get an out of date lettuce or something similarly useless for traffic updates through the post from them.

They've got style TT, they've changed me to a Mrs as well! I must say I'm impressed so far though, email at 1717 saying they'd received it and might take up to 10 days to see if it can be repaired, second email at 1902 giving me a tracking number and saying it's on its way! This was a modified unit BTW.

All I've got to do now is wait a week until this b****y strike is finished. IMHO the Post Office management couldn't manage there way out of a paper bag, and the 'workers' can't see an inch beyond their noses.
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting over a week for my box to arrive. How long did it take for those of you who have already had one from when you completeded your details on line to actually getting the box?
swebb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone actually got confirmation that they will be receiving a new version of the TMC? I've had an on-going thread with TT. I chased them re the new version of the TMC. I was told they are not in stock (even though people here have been told different). Then I get a request to verify my address and they will send me a postal bag. Done that and they confirmed receipt. In the meantime I get another reply to my thread confirming they are still not ready! I chase again. In the meantime, I've had an email to say that my TMC has been dispatched and I have a tracking ID. The thread below will probably confuse you as much as me.

So... I have something in the post, but I don't know exactly what! TT Support are saying the new one is not yet ready. I have asked why I was asked to return mine but they haven't replied to that.

When I returned my current TMC I had the same standard email about checking it, possible repair, under warrently etc.

The thread (look at the bottom first):

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

The TMC is not available at the moment when they are available one will be sent to you. In the mean time we have ben assigned "traffic" to your account as compensation for the delay in with the TMC. You can connect your mobile phone to your device and use the traffic subscription.Mobile phone compatibility can be checked at www.tomtom.com/phones

I hope this makes everything clear.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Customer (xxxxxx) 04/10/2007 01.27 PM
Thanks very much for the prompt response. To clarify, you say '...when it becomes available' - I assume it is available (because I have now sent my current TMC to Tom Tom).

Can you confirm please (it's not clear that it is)? If it is not available, can you confirm why I have been requested to send my TMC to Tom Tom?

Thanks.

Response (xxxxx. (UK)) 04/10/2007 07.41 AM
Dear Mr xxxxxx,

The job is still live and the TMC will be sent to you when it becomes available.

Thank you for your continued patience on this matter

With Best Regards

Customer (xxx) 03/10/2007 09.40 PM
Hi,

Hopefully just a mix up here... I have actually returned my TMC unit (and had confirmation of receipt from Tom Tom) in exchange for the new model. Email from Tom Tom on 28th September:

Dear Mr xxx,

RMA created: xxxxxx

We would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your query. Recently, you have contacted us about your RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver, which is not working up to your expectations. We are happy to inform you that we have a solution in place that allows us to exchange your RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver.

Please login to your ‘My TomTom’ account on www.tomtom.com
Then click on ‘My TomTom’ in the upper right corner.
Select ‘My Repairs & Orders’ in the ‘My Support’ section.

Here you will find a service request for your RDS-TMC Traffic receiver. Select ‘Edit’ and follow the instructions to complete the service process. Once your receiver has arrived at our repair centre, we will make sure it is processed as quick as possible.

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope that you will be satisfied with your new RDS-TMC receiver and that you continue enjoying using TomTom products.

With best regards,

Your TomTom Customer Support Team

Can you please confirm all is in order and I will receive a new TMC model?

Thanks.

Response (xxxxx. (UK)) 01/10/2007 06.44 AM
Dear Mr xxxx,

The TMC is unfortunately still not available and as previously mentioned one will be sent to you as soon as it becomes available.We apologise for the delay in this matter and thank you for your continued patience.

With Best Regards

nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaconlegal wrote:
I've been waiting over a week for my box to arrive. How long did it take for those of you who have already had one from when you completeded your details on line to actually getting the box?

About 3 days, but they did send it to my home address rather than the correspondence (work) address that I requested...
swebb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had another response (a separate thread to my previous post above) from TT. This time, they are telling me that another TMC unit is on it's way. Hopefully this will be the new version. Clearly there are comms problems in TT if the other person is saying the updated model isn't yet available.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one its way back to me (postal strike permitting) and I have been changed to a Mrs! - I sent in a modded unit superglued back together.

I also have two more RMAs open - I am tempted to get the boxes sent out to me and just send in empty boxes and see what happens!

I might end up with 3!

See if mine turns up any time soon.

Andy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you use more than one RDS receiver the performance suffers quite badly, I used to run with two or three to compare the different types until I realised this wasn't helping matters. One of the new devices is great when used on its own - Mike
swebb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - do the new devices look any different? Same size?

How robust in your experience so far?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new RDS receivers are very similar in appearance to the older devices, although the plastic "Bubble" housing the electronics is now close to the TomTom connection point, with a single wire aerial running from this.
The connector is now straight where as previous iterations of RDS used an angled connector - this will be ok for most users who employ the standard supplied mount, but will present a problem for the Brodit One XL mount as it simply will not fit in the hole.
Following along the wire from the connector to the bubble is a plastic cylinder which most probably contains a ferrite to suppress interference; there is another slightly smaller plastic cylinder some 50CM along the aerial wire. Finally there are three rubber suckers to attach the aerial wire to the winscreen, earlier units had only two IIRC.

As for robustness the new unit seems fine - I have had no real issues with it as yet.

I will post up some pictures later when the camera has re-charged - Mike
JJ28
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now I am worried.

Got an email last week from TT to send my RDS unit back, got the box, packed it up and sent it away.

Got an email yesterday saying that they want £50 to replace it!

This is not a modded one, just one they sent back about three months ago.

Has anyone else got the same problem????
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you send the receipt?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The different RDS Receiver versions:

The original 4V00.000 with the plastic bubble at the end of the cable

The European 4V00.010 with the plastic bubble near the connector

The New 4V00.013 with ferrites and straight connector

Mike
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestion as to whan these new versions will be in stock in UK stores?
swebb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all that info Mike.

I guess it will be the back end of this week before I get anything with the postal strike.
coastersteve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swebb wrote:
Thanks for all that info Mike.

I guess it will be the back end of this week before I get anything with the postal strike.

Our local Comet have them in. The box has completely changed too so don't go looking for the old style blister pack.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30

Jump to: