Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom V7 Mobile release date????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom V7 Mobile release date????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: TomTom V7 Mobile release date???? Reply with quote

Anyone have any news on the release of V7 for mobile??
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly no, we have yet to hear news of v7 for any platform other than their PND's.
topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.

Was hoping they would have something out soon as they tend to release a new version yearly and thought we might be nearing that time again.

But then again only looking out for this in hope of N95 support, as it doesnt seem like a patch will be made available for V6.

And what with all the new phones coming out with built-in GPS and how nice would it be if it also could run on the iPhone too. Then would have a real excuse to upgrade!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topgearuk wrote:
And what with all the new phones coming out with built-in GPS and how nice would it be if it also could run on the iPhone too. Then would have a real excuse to upgrade!!

Except the iPhone doesn't have a GPS?
topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know, sorry just the way I wrote it.

Just meaning better compatibility for all these new smart phones coming out.

And before some bright spark comes out with the comment of how can you expect it to run on so many different devices. There aren't that many most use 3 different operating systems. Which are all ready supported by tomtom, just needs expanding on.
Techno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom V7 Mobile release date???? Reply with quote

topgearuk wrote:
Anyone have any news on the release of V7 for mobile??

I have heard and seen video clips of Tomtom 6.0.33 working with N95 Internal GPs, Have not upgraded mine yet, but I think from what I have seen, we no longer need to wait for Navigator 7 any more.
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topgearuk wrote:
... and how nice would it be if it also could run on the iPhone too. Then would have a real excuse to upgrade!!

iPhone applications aren't "real" applications, they're limited to being web apps for the moment at least. It's a pity, I understand it's built on basically a Unix platform so could be capable of some impressive stuff, but it's locked down by Apple.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's relevant, but there are a lot of cheap deals on the Mk II TomTom bluetooth GPS Receiver at the moment (I've seen as low as £42 so far) - 'dumping' ahead of a new model perhaps?

I think most of us would be disappointed by processor demands of anything much more advanced than V6 - my dear old Treo 650 positively struggles with V6 as it is... to avoid the problem, wouldn't it be smart to use our PPCs/Palms/Mobiles as display devices and communicators, and build the processing into a bluetooth receiver (to which our handhelds communicate)? I know that's virtually a PND, but I'd still go for it! Just a thought (well, more another stupid idea from me!).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: