Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Membership Subscription Options Change
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Membership Subscription Options Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick_Russell wrote:

You still have to catch the file sharer and ban them. I guess this takes some time. 1 month ? 2? 3? more?.

about 30 seconds once the file has been downloaded by ourselves.

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a slow example. I found one at 11:30pm this last Sunday. The offending person was booted out at 9am on Monday, as soon as MaFt had finished changing his new baby's nappy.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Here's a slow example. I found one at 11:30pm this last Sunday. The offending person was booted out at 9am on Monday, as soon as MaFt had finished changing his new baby's nappy.

11.30pm - 9am...it doesn't take me that long to change a nappy Wink Laughing

If someone would care to PM me details of where to look (and an e-mail address to send the file to), I'll gladly lend a hand in tracking down offenders.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
(and an e-mail address to send the file to)
piracyATpocketgpsworld.com

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
stiggy_sawdust
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pay peanuts.......
But not in this case. Excellent value and service, worth its weight in gold.
Good decision.
Chris206
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've lost someone who used to happily pay 2 quid a time. Smile

no point trying to beat p2p, this wont help... probably lose every occasional user, and find them downloading from p2p instead.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you subscribed and where the first to submit a new camera then you could get a free lifetime sub....
Chris206
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried that, i submitted a red light camera... didnt get added to database last time i checked, and didnt get a free subscription either. and its definatley there.... submitted it twice now.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All cameras have to be verified before they are added, so this can delay their inclusion. Also you have to have a current, active subscription at the time you submit the camera to qualify and you have to be the first.

I can't comment on your case but is £19 a year really that bad when a fine can be £30?
Chris206
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i had an active subscription, i submitted it twice, once 18 months ago, and once a year ago. Its not on my maps from 5 months ago, but it now appears on ur google maps overlay. I didnt recieve no free membership, i know that Smile

£19 aint that bad, but £2 is pretty fair for one month as well, i personally feel, people will just think dont bother now, when normally they would have paid a couple of quid.

you'll always get the yearly subscriptions from those who want it, but you'll lose out on the people who occasioanlly just wanted £2.

Some people only make trips once or twice a year, used to cost them £4, now costs them £19... thats quite a jump in price. Sure its not a lot of money, but u guys just seem to change it as you please to suit yourselves.

Instead of saying its cheap etc etc, you have to realise not everyone will voice thier opinions to say they feel its a bad idea, of that you've lost custom. This will not win your battle against p2p, you never will, so you may as well take any little amounts of money people will pay for the one off.

When you can buy a infrorad speed camera detector for £19 with free updates for a year, which you can share etc.

I just thought i would let you know, that alot of people that can live without these warnings, but were happy to pay £2 now and again, wont bother anymore... feedback from your consumer should always be listened to and concidered... as not many unhappy customers will bother to let you know.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The InfoRad is not comparable, it doesn't do mobiles for starters, nor is there any forum or feedback from the developers. Of course P2P will never go away but we'll do our best to scupper anyone relying on that as a source of our database. Anyone who thinks thieving it off there is acceptable deserves all they get IMHO and with every release we'll make it harder and harder.

If you want to email me more details of the camera you submitted I'm happy to investigate the status of it and why you did not qualify?

If you can't see the value of the subscription, the work we do and the benefit of a source that offers complete transparency then that is your choice.
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have only downloaded occasionally as I simply do not travel far enough to need it more often. But, whilst I would obvioulsy have preferred to pay £2 every few months, I have to say I still think £19 a year is a bargin. Compare it for a start off with what Tom Tom charges for its database - and they only have fixed site speed cameras, no mobiles or red light cameras.

So although I don't have an active sub at the moment because I last updated a couple of months back, I shall contentedly pay up for the year when I next need to update. It's still peanuts really and excellent value.

I consider that it gets me all the information, advice and assistance on the forums too. I know they are "free" but it all has to be paid for somehow and without the income from the database sales, I son't suppose the rest of the site would be here.

Great product. keep it up.
kissack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydell wrote:
Sorry to say that I do not agree with the above postings! I use the data base to up date my Tom Tom G500 about 4 times a year as I only travel around the UK only occasionally so I don't need monthly updates! Just every now and then to keep up to date with my machine. It seems that now I will have to pay even more than the £8 per year to get any! Incidentally I do not visit the warez sites mentioned. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the work you have put into the data base but feel £19 per year is too much. Still when needs must I guess I will be joining the yearly membership but feel like every one else I am paying too much for most services in the UK than any where else in Europe.
Thank You Confused
Peter
Tomtom G500

Absolutely agree. I used to pay every 2 or 3 months to download and now that has been withdrawn under a 'piracy' excuse. Looks to me more like greed, and an oportune time to reconsider. maybe a £10 payment allowing 6 downloads in a 2 year period or something similar?

--
Allan
kissack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick_Russell wrote:
I would agree that £19 pa is good value but I was very happy with the £2 charge as an update twice a year if fine for me.

Does anyone really think that if a pirate was using the £2 charge to steal the database he would be put off by £19? Would they really say to themselves "I will steal the data for £2 but now it's £19 I won't"?

So true, this is used as an excuse, i think.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree I am only an occasional perhaps twice a year long distance user and live in an area where cameras are not predominant, I accept £19 a year is not excessive if you use them, and no doubt i will subscribe if needed but it does not come down to tightness or what you do or do not spend your money on it is value for need, lets face it Autocad costs approx £3500 and its still pirated so increasing the cost is not going to thwart piracy but increase it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 17 of 32

Jump to: