Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hi everyone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi everyone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Hi honeybun Reply with quote

Thank you for telling me all about this....... Very Happy

I will get John to do this in the morning..... Smile

I am tempted but I had better not as I do not want to mess things up.... Embarassed

Will let you all know how I get on.

Nite and thanks again.

Hugs

Paula

nuttynurse wrote:
PaulaThree.

Have you been to the Drive-smart website and downloaded the lasted version of the usb driver? The cable you have got should be alright. I don't recall there being a different cable mine is a usb/serial cable and I use it with Vista but you will have to update the driver if you haven't already done so. Getting use to the update process always took a bit of trial and error.

Once you have updated the driver and have the update programme on screen, you will need to experiement with the usb setting top left hand corner of the programme i.e. 1 - 2 - 3 etc but each time you select one and go through the process of trying to upload the database you need to pull out and reinsert the power lead to the Drivesmart (quickly whilst the bars are scaling up) If it reports an error try the next port and repeat etc. If you are successful the bar will turn to a block loading image. The error message is not a fault with the programme. Below the usb port setting make sure you highlight the highest setting for transfer.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Darren Reply with quote

PaulaThree wrote:
Darren when are back from the hot desert as I would love to come over and get the windscreen bracket that you so kindly said that I could have?

I'm back now but best time would be after the weekend, drop me an email to arrange a suitable date/time?
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Darren Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

Welcome back to " Sunny UK ".

Will do hon..... Smile

Have a lovely and restful weekend.

I am off to the " Proms in the Park " later.... Very Happy

Paula

Darren wrote:
PaulaThree wrote:
Darren when are back from the hot desert as I would love to come over and get the windscreen bracket that you so kindly said that I could have?

I'm back now but best time would be after the weekend, drop me an email to arrange a suitable date/time?
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Hiya Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I cannot fathom out how to install my Drivesmart on my PC..... Embarassed

Even my friend John could not do it in the time available to him ( 2 hours ) a couple of weeks ago... Sad

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nite

Paula

nuttynurse wrote:
PaulaThree.

Have you been to the Drive-smart website and downloaded the lasted version of the usb driver? The cable you have got should be alright. I don't recall there being a different cable mine is a usb/serial cable and I use it with Vista but you will have to update the driver if you haven't already done so. Getting use to the update process always took a bit of trial and error.

Once you have updated the driver and have the update programme on screen, you will need to experiement with the usb setting top left hand corner of the programme i.e. 1 - 2 - 3 etc but each time you select one and go through the process of trying to upload the database you need to pull out and reinsert the power lead to the Drivesmart (quickly whilst the bars are scaling up) If it reports an error try the next port and repeat etc. If you are successful the bar will turn to a block loading image. The error message is not a fault with the programme. Below the usb port setting make sure you highlight the highest setting for transfer.
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hiya Reply with quote

H ' mmmmmmmm.

Even if I only paid £50, I am now beginning to regret buying the Drivesmart and should have gone for a Snooper or some other make.

Nite again.

Paula

PaulaThree wrote:
Hi guys,

I cannot fathom out how to install my Drivesmart on my PC..... Embarassed

Even my friend John could not do it in the time available to him ( 2 hours ) a couple of weeks ago... Sad

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nite

Paula

nuttynurse wrote:
PaulaThree.

nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PaulaThree,

Put it up for sale on Ebay, they still seem to sell well and at least you can put the money to a unit still backed by its manufacturers. The DS was a good unit until the team went belly-up. Don't be tempted by the "Laser Star".
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

I will think about this..... Confused

A guy at my local computer centre said he would try and sort it out for me.

I don't like to be defeated by anything or anyone..... Wink

Have a nice day... Smile

Paula

nuttynurse wrote:
Hi PaulaThree,

Put it up for sale on Ebay, they still seem to sell well and at least you can put the money to a unit still backed by its manufacturers. The DS was a good unit until the team went belly-up. Don't be tempted by the "Laser Star".
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

I can understand your sentiment. Getting the DS updated and working is not so much the problem. The real question is whether it is worth the trouble to try. You need a system you can rely upon for updates etc. Sadly, since the DS team went belly up, stopped supplying reliable and regular updates and since they started to sell shoddy good it has not been worth the time or effort or investment.

But good luck anyway.
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Hiya Reply with quote

Take your point.

But surely I can update it thru Pocket GPS World ??

Paula

nuttynurse wrote:
Hello again,

I can understand your sentiment. Getting the DS updated and working is not so much the problem. The real question is whether it is worth the trouble to try. You need a system you can rely upon for updates etc. Sadly, since the DS team went belly up, stopped supplying reliable and regular updates and since they started to sell shoddy good it has not been worth the time or effort or investment.

But good luck anyway.
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiya Reply with quote

And the woman's voice on Drivesmart is awesome to hear each time I go near a Speed Camera...... Love it Thumbs Up Rolling Eyes

Paula Wink

PaulaThree wrote:
Take your point.

But surely I can update it thru Pocket GPS World ??

Paula

nuttynurse wrote:
Hello again,

But good luck anyway.
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paula,

I know that several members of the pocketgpsworld worked hard on converting the database to run on the DS and yes it works, but I don't think it is a 100% marriage. Whether they are still persevering or not I don't know as I have lost faith in the DS myself, though I still use it on my regular run just to keep me on my toes. I am intending to buy something else once all the flood damage and associated hassles have been given priority and sorted.

My advice would still be to sell it and spend your time and effort on something uptodate.

You do eventually get use to the woman's voice. Its a bit like being nagged. Razz
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still producing updates for the DS of course but I'm not sure where we are at on tweaking it, I thought it was working OK but it's not my department.

What does a DS fetch these days on eBay?
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a DS going for over £50 recently on ebay.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£50 isn't going to get you an alternative though?
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would give you a good deposit on a current unit with a much simpler interface for updating its database or enough to say buy a Talex Lite on Ebay

Last edited by nuttynurse on Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: