Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems after trying SmartST going back to TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems after trying SmartST going back to TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyer0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Problems after trying SmartST going back to TomTom Reply with quote

I hope someone can give me some help, I have been running Navigator 2.24 for some time now on my 3970 with a Navman jacket with no problems but a friend suggested I try SmartST v1.91 after he raved about it. I put the SmartST on the ipaq and tried it and decided it was not for me and uninstalled it.
My Navman jacket will now not work with any software other than SmartST. I spoke to Navman who were very helpfull and sent me drivers for the ipaq and an Eprom flash for my jacket but neither have solved the problem. After reinstalling SmartST and turning the GPS off in the signal strength screen then going back to TomTom I now get a signal in the TomTom GPS screen but the icon showing the link between the GPS and the ipaq shows no active dots and even when the signal bars turn red there is no data getting to the software.
I have even tried hard resetting the ipaq and reinstalling everything but this hasn't helped. I tried a friends TomTom bluetooth GPS with my setup and everything works as it should.
Any suggestions?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually tried navigating with TomTom? You may see that it actually works, despite the missing dots. Looks like your Navman install has also reprogrammed the jacket and now some of the NMEA sequences are excluded. You will need to use the maintenance program for the jacket to re-enable the important NMEA sequences (GLL, RMC and/or VTG) . GSA and GSV seem to be enabled (that's where the red bars come from)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
flyer0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, navigation is not possible, although the red bars come up there is no Lat,Long or Speed showing and the navigator screen displays the GPS Position unreliable message. I don't have any other programs to maintain the jacket, what will I need and where will I get it from?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about the jacket's chipset but if it is SiRF then you can use Crux_View (in our download area)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
flyer0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think it's SiRF
carl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Try the GPSview application to factory reset the sleeve. I had a similar problem when I used OziExplorer and Navman simultaneously. I got this advice in the Navman forum which also had a link to where GPSview can be domloaded.
Carl
flyer0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl,
Sorry I'm being a bit slow here but which GPSview program is it? and did you mean the Navman forum here (Hard or Software) ?
carl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
On my Ipaq File Explorer says "SP GPS View 1.8" Starting the application and clicking on Help, About, says "spGPSViev version". The Navman forum I mean is the one that discusses different aspects of and problems with usin the Navman GPS applications on different Pocket PCs. I think, but I am not sure, that the GPS View program can be found in the dowload area of Pocket GPS World.
Carl
flyer0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl,

Many thanks, solved all my problems.

flyer0

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: