Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go 720 Warranty
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go 720 Warranty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nearlylost
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: TomTom Go 720 Warranty Reply with quote

Hi, I got my GO720 by mail order from Curry's On 6th August. It has a few problems including
Sometimes howls or clicks when connected to mobile phone via bluetooth. This happens on two different tomtom approved phones.
Spoken instructions sometimes stop, a reboot is needed to restore normal working,
On route tomtom reboots forgets the current destination and navigates to the previous destination.
Currys automated help line refers me to the local branch who refuse me a refund as the unit is more than 28days old.
When pressed they said the sale of goods act only applies for 28days and I am only entitled to a repair.
So far my email to their head office has not been answered.
Any ideas how I should proceed?
Sad Sad Sad
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI NREARLYLOST. If you glance through some of the threads in the forum you’ll see that this is a common fault. I myself am still trying to get out of TOM TOM if this is a fault with the hardware or if a future firmware update will cure this as yet they have not got back to me. Some people have spoken with them and they deny any faults and other times they have confirmed there is a fault, great customer service. I have taken three units back but have decided to keep the fourth and use blue tooth head set.

Now I thought if you purchased something over the internet you had slightly more rights in returning this but I may be wrong but I sure others on the forum will put us right on that one. Also regarding the sale of goods act it does state that if you return an item in reasonable time because it is not fit for purpose you have the right to a replacement or your money back and I feel currys are trying it on. Why don’t you call TOM TOM and put this to them.

Good luck.
Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with Currys. Had to wait for them to re-send the paper receipt to return it to the store (I misplaced the first), but Currys stores won't accept items ordered via the web if they're more than 7 days (from the date of order - not delivery!). So as I had mine pre-ordered I was stuffed anyway. I got the impression the stores and the web shop don't see eye-to-eye and on phoning the support line I was told to return it to the store, the store said return it to the web shop!

Anyway, since having to wait for my receipt the 28 day rule lapsed and now I have to have TomTom arrange a repair. Not happy.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

28 days is not a rule, it's just Currys interpretation of it.
Consumers can reject the goods and require their money back provided they complain within “a reasonable time”.
The Sale of Goods Act does not define what amounts to a “reasonable time” but consumers have to be given a reasonable time to examine the goods to see if they were satisfactory. In practice courts decide this case by case.
http://www.moray.gov.uk/downloads/file39919.pdf

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: