Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x20 Wishlist, Quirks & Bugs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x20 Wishlist, Quirks & Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all ;)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e61 wrote:
Or maybe try this one?
http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

That's the "Crystal" voice that I already used for one of the sets on the ogg files collection page

With this method Pete gets the same voice as he has for navigating...
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my earlier suggested theory as to hwy my TTS speed cam warning link is lost..was shot to hell last night. As I've had my own problems with POI's (using mapshare to input new ones which then don't appear) last night I counted how many ov2 files I had in my map folder. There were 118...so I cut a few. I then changed my POIN update preference in home and let the unit connect to theweb. It (presumably) downloaded the latest POI corrections and I then tried to add a Doctors POI near to where I live. Now I've done this before, TTS warning links were lost, did it a second time and they remained but last night on performing this same function they were again lost, thereby shoting down my earlier suggested theory.

I'm intending to lay my hands today on that 3.5 mm audio jack to make a go of Andy's suggestion...sadly I longer find the long manual TTS retyping process a pain but strangley theraputic..a sure sign it's happened too many times and I now need strong medication Shocked
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
First of all you will need a 3.5MM stereo jack plug (same conection at both ends) Connect it to the PC's audio input (don't connect it to the microphone input though or you will only get distorted sound), some PC's have this available on the front, others are on the rear of the PC. The remaining end goes into the TomTom audio output socket.

Play some music via the TomTom and adjust the sound levels on the PC so it is loud enough, but not distorting.

Install Audacity on the PC and use this to record the sounds from the TomTom, its free and easy to find.

Set the spoken alert text in warn when near POI for the nearest POI to your current location.

Trigger the warning by using advanced planning followed by route demo to navigate to the nearest POI you have on the device, the same category of POI you set the text up for in the step above.

With the audio file captured using Audacity trim the ends of the recording to get rid of the no spoken parts at the beginning and end of the recording.

Use the export as OGG Vorbis format, 22050Hz sample rate, save the file with the name that matches the POI Category you are creating the warning sound for, the Audacity appllication will asign the correct file extension for you

Repeat the above for each of the sounds you want to create, it takes longer to rig the TomTom to the PC and adjust the levels than it does to create a full set of audio files - Mike

Mike, I got around to trying this method this morning. You were right in what you say, it took me a while to get everything setup as I wanted it but once done, the recording process went quite quickly. I bought the 3.5mm audio cable from Maplin, swines charged me £4.99 for a 1.5m...I probably paid over the odds.
Having recorded all the ogg files I found them to be a tad quiet but fortunately audacity allows a volume increase. I also found that using the default installation settings the quality of the exported ogg file wasn't as good as I'd have liked, sound was noticably poorer. Fortunately audacity also allows you to increase the ogg file quality output. The end result was I suppose 95% plus of the original TTS quality. I can live with that bearing in mind the frequency with which I loose the TTS link and how long retyping takes.
Good suggestion, thanks for offering it.
gluey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Problems on the 520,

In the traffic pref I have selected to "ask for traffic update when i plan a route". I do not get asked this when planning a route.

Low volume on calls, POI built in sounds(bell etc) and unit loosing sound/crashing when taking a call while on route.

Crashes when disconnecting from TT2.

Driving on a route with instructions vai radio.
Call comes in on phone.
Answer call, no sound.
No more sound at all.
Switch off unit and it performs a reset itself.
Still no sound.
Switch off then back on.
When starting screen looks like a untuned tv picture first
then normal screen.
Can only get things back after a factory reset!

when editing existing poi it removes warnings i have set up on other poi and then warn me iam near the poi i have just edited.

This is my 3rd unit!

Kev
maxzuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Lost MP3 Reply with quote

Hi all, First post

Anyone else had the problem of MP3 audio being muted during directions (as it should) but then staying muted.

The only way around this is to remove and reinsert SD card.

Was fine at first .

Thanks.
rnem170
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Lost MP3 Reply with quote

maxzuk wrote:

Anyone else had the problem of MP3 audio being muted during directions (as it should) but then staying muted.

No, this works fine for me on my 720
rnem170
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be another bug.... I have a traffic subscription. When I view my device in TT Home and activate traffic, it connects. When I go in and try to get the details of the problem, it comes up with a message that I don't have a subscription. The only way to get traffic working again is to disconnect, close TT Home and restart it.
wildcard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now on TT720 number 2 - the handsfree is as appalling as before - callers cannot hear a thing for a loud incessant buzzing . Handtec tell me this is a known problem with x20 and refer me to the TT site for information about a fix – I assume this is a software fix . Apart from the fact that the TT site has no mention of this – can this be true ? Surely the microphone is the problem, not the software. Handtec were very good at replacing the first one but I guess their patience is wearing thin after dozens of returns hence the brush off.
On raising the issue with TT support, they tell me to adjust the “sound settings” . What sound settings – I must have missed the one that said “Scream at the unit from 3 inches if you want to be heard”.

Has anyone got a working Bluetooth phone solution with an x20 ? – would I be better off exchanging for a 910 which has an external microphone
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildcard wrote:
Has anyone got a working Bluetooth phone solution with an x20 ?

My 2nd 720 handsfree works fine.

Strangely it seems Handtec seem to have a lot of faulty 720's, and am glad I opted for a refund, and bought replacement from high street retailer.
consumerway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TomTom 520 has an issue when connecting to the latest version of TomTom Home.

I have set up on my device 4 short cuts (Quick Menu).

Now when I plug into my PC and use 'Home' to navigate my device and go to the 'Quick Menu' only the 2 default short cuts are showing. Not an issue I thought as one short cut was 'Call' and that wouldn't be possible via the PC.

However, when i unplug from my pc and use the device again, only the 2 default short cuts are showing and not my 4 custom ones.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

CS
uptowndisco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

consumerway wrote:
My TomTom 520 has an issue when connecting to the latest version of TomTom Home.

I have set up on my device 4 short cuts (Quick Menu).

Now when I plug into my PC and use 'Home' to navigate my device and go to the 'Quick Menu' only the 2 default short cuts are showing. Not an issue I thought as one short cut was 'Call' and that wouldn't be possible via the PC.

However, when i unplug from my pc and use the device again, only the 2 default short cuts are showing and not my 4 custom ones.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

CS

It does the same on my 720 every time it has been connected to "Home"
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine goes back to three! (Add favourite, Map correction and FM frequency)

Also, today, the "Disable voice" menu item has stopped working. I was trying to listen to some mp3s and the navigation instructions were still interrupting the music every 5 seconds
shaun43uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Handsfree Volume Reply with quote

I found this answer to increase volume during a handsfree call on the tomtom site

You can set the volume of hands-free calls by adjusting the volume of the caller's voice during the call. Tap the bottom left hand area of the Driving View and adjust the slider.

The volume you set during a phone call will be used for the next hands-free call that you make but will not affect the volume of spoken instructions and music.

http://www.tomtom.com/support/solution.php?GID=1&PID=1682&SID=0&CID=113&Language=1&FID=4635

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: