Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Keyboard for Medion PPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard for Medion PPC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gassy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Keyboard for Medion PPC Reply with quote

A view expressed by the Navigon people at the CeBIT trade show in Hannover last week is that GPS software has become the "killer app" for PPCs, and has boosted sales; it certainly boosted Medion into number 2 slot in Europe in Q4.

Like many people I bought my Medion for navigation (and camera warning), and then realised what a potentially very useful piece of kit a PPC is - and it would be really, really useful if I could attach a keyboard to it. Then I started looking and found the only one I could get my hands on didn't work. This was something that sells for US$79 in the USA and £79 in Dixons in the UK (did I hear someone say rip-off Britain?).

I spoke with Aldi's and they indicated that their next bundle might well have a keyboard, but that Medion weren't going to do one imminently; the problem, apparently, is the cost and time to get drivers written.

So when I went to CeBIT I looked out for a keyboard that I could use - AND I FOUND ONE! Brought it home with me and it works perfectly first time! MEGA FANTASTIC! Mr. Green

It folds down to 150x96x26mm, and open it measures 291x96x11mm. The key action is almost as good as my desktop! I've used it on the train, and on my lap (although it needed to rest on my document case). I'm so CHUFFED!

And it's also intended for use with Smartphones.

What's even better is that I reckon I could import them and retail them at £69 or less. What do you folk reckon, is it just me that wants an ultra portable computer for mostly text work, or is there really a market out there for an h8ighly portable keyboard?

BTW, I'm not soliciting business - yet - merely testing the water, but if the moderators are concerned, please feel free to remove this post.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may help if you would post some pictures or specs of the keyboard. Who's the manufacturer?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gassy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance, but how should I post some pictures?

Keith
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can either upload them to your own webspaces and refer to them using [img] tags or use the 'Img' buttons on the message toolbar in these forums. Alternatively email the images to us Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: