Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Change from audible bongs to speedlimit on Nuvi 300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Change from audible bongs to speedlimit on Nuvi 300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polkay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Change from audible bongs to speedlimit on Nuvi 300 Reply with quote

I'm new to forum, have upgraded from StreetPilotIII to Nuvi 300 for Camera Database after being caught speeding.
My problem is I use the Nuvi on my motorcycle as well but have to use it in tank bag as not waterproof. I can hear the speed warnings but cannot see screen., not a problem in UK as you can usually work out speed limit
however I travel a lot in Europe.

Question:- Can I change audible bong to audible speed limit ie 60mph
if so where on the forum are instructions if any to do this.

Thanks in anticipiation.

Danny
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you need the latest poiloader from garmin and you need mp3 files with the same name as the csv/bmp file names.

ogg files can be got from here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-ogg-files.php and easily converted to mp3 using something like audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ )

at present we only have the voice files for uk mph speeds and not kph speeds

MaFt
stromtrooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: change audible bong to audible speed limit Reply with quote

sorry for being thick but have you got a walk through on how to install the mp3's.
i've downloaded and converted them so far.

cheers Very Happy
craigsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: change audible bong to audible speed limit Reply with quote

stromtrooper wrote:
sorry for being thick but have you got a walk through on how to install the mp3's.
i've downloaded and converted them so far.

cheers Very Happy

I'm in the same boat and could do with a walkthrough if anyone has one. Thanks

Craig
n4nick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Follow the PocketGPSWorld link above, choose your preferred voice and then download the relevant zip file containing the speed warnings (depending upon whether you use the single file, consolidated or speed zoned version of the speed camera database, personally I use the speed zoned version). Extract the files and then drag and drop them into Audactity. Choose file, export multiple and then choose export format MP3, select a location to save the files to and press export. Now, make sure the name of the speed camera file is the same as the voice warning file, the only difference should be the file extension (.csv or .gpx depending upon whether you are using the original file or have modified it using one of the applications by Ash10 or cbrom) and .mp3. Finally, once the filenames are all exactly the same and the speed and voice warnings (and any other POI's you are uploading) are in the same folder, use Garmin's POI Loader to upload the files to your Nuvi.

I am sure there is more detailed advice available elsewhere in the forum if you get stuck.

Good luck - Nick
craigsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n4nick wrote:
Hi Guys

Follow the PocketGPSWorld link above, choose your preferred voice and then download the relevant zip file containing the speed warnings (depending upon whether you use the single file, consolidated or speed zoned version of the speed camera database, personally I use the speed zoned version). Extract the files and then drag and drop them into Audactity. Choose file, export multiple and then choose export format MP3, select a location to save the files to and press export. Now, make sure the name of the speed camera file is the same as the voice warning file, the only difference should be the file extension (.csv or .gpx depending upon whether you are using the original file or have modified it using one of the applications by Ash10 or cbrom) and .mp3. Finally, once the filenames are all exactly the same and the speed and voice warnings (and any other POI's you are uploading) are in the same folder, use Garmin's POI Loader to upload the files to your Nuvi.

I am sure there is more detailed advice available elsewhere in the forum if you get stuck.

Good luck - Nick

And this will automatically associate the voice file with the camera type and issue the correct voice warning rather than a beep or bong when approaching a camera?

Thanks

Craig
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the .mp3 files names exactly match (case, spelling etc) the camera file name - then yes it works.

Just a bit more advice. If you have other POIs downloaded onto your nuvi (not the ones that come pre-installed) then these must be the same directory as the speed cam files, as the POILoader process replaces ALL user loaded POIs each time.

I would recommend looking at ASH's Camera Manager utility (see stickys in this forum). A small donation to him gives you the latest version with all the bells and whistles enabled to allow simple management of POIs and cameras with voice warnings.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: