Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - WM6 - how to stop device going to stand-by.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

WM6 - how to stop device going to stand-by.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob588
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: WM6 - how to stop device going to stand-by. Reply with quote

Hi,

How would I stop me XDA Orbit going to stand-by when an active program is running?

If TomTom is running the device stays powered on even if the power settings are set to "stand-by after 1min". When I use memory map the screen closes down. And I have to touch the screen to bring it alive again. Is there some kind of "exception" setting that would stop it closing down when running certain programs.

Any advice please???

Rob.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I do with the Artemis (the same device less the housing) is Start/ Settings_System Tab/ BackLight_Battery Power and de-select the

"Turn off backlight if device is not used for"

This has the desired effect and keeps the PDA alive while out walking, I am not aware of any utility that can switch this setting programatically though.
If you do use this method make sure you switch the settings back, I wiped out the battery last weekend by doing just this, the device was in the safe in my car while we went down a slate mine in the Lakes and a text message woke it up - four hours later it was still powered up, just - Mike
Rob588
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

How does TomTom software overcome the same issue (without having to adjust the backlight setting)?

Rob.
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a function called SystemIdleTimerReset() that the software can periodically call to achieve this.

The PDA maintains a countdown timer which is based on your chosen settings, and if no application resets that timer, the device powers off. The user interface of course resets the timer when you press a button or touch the screen (if it's a ts device).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: