Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Peugeot sat nav problem, dealer wants 1.4k :o
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Peugeot sat nav problem, dealer wants 1.4k :o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
repsho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Peugeot sat nav problem, dealer wants 1.4k :o Reply with quote

Just picked up a 53 plate 406 HDI SE and the sat nav is a bit funny. It occasionally works perfectly but most times gives me a CD unreadable/missing message or if it does boot up the disc just keeps spinning on the "Enter destination" screen.

Ran a disc cleaner through it, made no difference. Took the unit out and opened it up to make sure the insides weren't caked with dirt and it's fine. The disc is in good nick, tested it on my PC and there are no dodgy sectors, tried making a copy and using that but still get the same results.

Any ideas on how I can fix this as the dealer looked at it for about 30 seconds and said that'll cost you a grand and a half Shocked

Thanks
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the dealer can't buy components - they have to buy a whole new unit, and that is the cost!

I have heard some people managing to replace the CD drive within the unit themselves, but unless you can get the exact make and model of CD drive, the only solution is a brand new unit...
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one option may be iGO limusene this may work to replace you unit

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any more news on the iGO Limousine version - the last time I searched for more information, I could still only find the initial press release...?
raff_man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Peugeot 406 SAT NAV CD is Missing Reply with quote

I am having exactly the same problem, does anyone have a fix for it yet?
Thanks
raff_man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: 406 sat nav problem Reply with quote

hi i found a solution on this forum http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1833&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Aparaently you have to take the box apart and clean the lens with alcohol....and it works

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: