Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman T1 & ICN 520- reroute if problem clears?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman T1 & ICN 520- reroute if problem clears?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebigun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Navman T1 & ICN 520- reroute if problem clears? Reply with quote

If I'm on a longish trip say from Leeds to London and there is a problem and I have set my icn 520 to reroute automatically; will it then reroute if the problem clears. So for example there's a problem in Sheffield when I leave it routes off the M1, but as I get closer the problem has cleared does the T1 stop the re-route and keep me on the M1? If not whats the best way to use it. I've read the instructions, but I'd like some experts views Smile Cheers
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thebigun
Welcome to the forum.

On a trip across france I had a multitude of warnings whist my Navman was set to reroute. Although I was ignoring most of them due to circumsatnces, a few of them did clear and improve, where your navman would respond with 'The traffic situation has improved' or 'The traffic situation has cleared'. At that point any reroute would be lifted if possable.

If however you were already on a reroute you may find the device will continue the reroute as it may calulate the route as better than returning to the old route.

Be aware that not all reported traffic situations are entirly accurate, so other influences should be concidered like over head gantries before doing what you are told.

Finally if you choose to disable the auto reroute option, then to reroute from a traffic situation would require a few button presses and a moment with you attention diverted from the road. This is of course not recomended. Wink

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional. If you were to click on a reported traffic situation that was going to reroute you away from your current route (whilst stationary). You will see the option to 'unavoid' which as you will have already gussed will leave you to carry on uninterupted.

thebigun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mostdom, the supplied manual wasn't that clear (for me anyway). This will save a bit of sweat Shocked until I trust it a bit more.

Thanks again...
kenwilk240
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostdom, Can you give a bit more information on your comment about other influences such as over head gantries.
thanks
Ken
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenwilk240 wrote:
Mostdom, Can you give a bit more information on your comment about other influences such as over head gantries.
thanks
Ken

By overhead gantries I mean, the motorway reporting signs that inform you of problems ahead. Many here who use TMC understand that although useful the TMC service is far from perfect and measures are being taken to improve the service. So when your gps device reports a 20 mile traffic jam ahead, the local radio service may have reported it an hour ago, and are now reporting it as cleared. Confused

My point is, don't be too ready to trust the TMC service entirely just yet. Get a second opinion if you can before blindly following the recomendations. Cool

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: