Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MM5 Licence problem...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MM5 Licence problem...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stouffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: MM5 Licence problem... Reply with quote

I have been using a fully licenced version of MM5 on a Medion PDA that has now lost the abilty to sync with my PC (though it can still be charged through the sync cable).

I also have an XDAmini on which I have now installed MM5 and it works fine via Bluetooth on an i-blue GPS reciever.

Using a card reader I have transfered the MM5 files/Maps over to the SD card used in the Medion as I would like to have the choice of which unit to use. Everything works fine until I ask it to give my position when I am told 'License not valid for GPS plot'.

I'm guessing that there is some way to fix this and the licence 'allows' you to download to two devices so I'm not breaking any rules. Anyone have any ideas or a suggestion for a workaround?

TIA.

Andy.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you connect the Median PDA to the PC via Active Sync choose the option to log in as Guest - AS gets confused with more than one PDA attached.
As a guest login you can do whatever you want in terms of loading data/ applications to the device it just won't sync - no small problem, re-install the MM application to the Median from the PC and it should work - Mike
Stouffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
When you connect the Median PDA to the PC via Active Sync choose the option to log in as Guest - AS gets confused with more than one PDA attached.
As a guest login you can do whatever you want in terms of loading data/ applications to the device it just won't sync - no small problem, re-install the MM application to the Median from the PC and it should work - Mike

Apologies. I should have said "won't connect" rather than sync. It's an internal problem with the connector.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you can AS the Median using either WiFi or Bluetooth I think you have had it, the PC software needs to see the PDA to transfer the licence details (without which the GPS part will not work), so even a CAB install of the application won't help with this issue - I would try and get the connector fixed if I were you - Mike
Stouffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Unless you can AS the Median using either WiFi or Bluetooth I think you have had it, the PC software needs to see the PDA to transfer the licence details (without which the GPS part will not work), so even a CAB install of the application won't help with this issue - I would try and get the connector fixed if I were you - Mike

Thanks for that. No WiFi, no Bluetooth only IR Crying or Very sad

The GPS part of MM does actually work on the Medion in as much as it picks up satellites no probs.

The MM support forums that I tried initially are fully moderated and it looks like they don't bother at weekends as I've been waiting for my post to appear since yesterday morning! A search round revealed that MM will actually send you a file (available on request) that allows you to enter the licence details on to a PDA manually which will probably be my next move. In my impatience, I was hoping that a dance round the userdata files with a Hex editor might be the answer or some other fix that might have been quicker if someone had already tried it and succeeded

Thanks once again,

Andy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: