Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 3400 wish list
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 3400 wish list
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman 3400 wish list Reply with quote

Anyone had this routing issue. When being routed down a motorway your told to exit at each junction with a roundabout, go all the way round the roundabout and get back on to the motorway in the same direction. Then, even though you are on the correct route it then tells you to exit at the next junction and go back to the roundabout you refused to go round and round.

To get round this and other rounting issues a way of quickly forcing a new route calculation from the current map screen would be useful. it would save having to go back to the menu, cancelling the route then reselecting destination and re-routing.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman 3400 wish list Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by DSeymour on 13 January 2003

There were many personal reviews and reams of wish lists and suggestions. Where did that get us? We have a European upgrade which has not only been issued without improved functionality but with the routing and blue background bugs still in.

[Edited to save space]

Regards,

David

David,

Which blue bugs are still present in the revised software? Certainly the ones I noticed around Kent and Essex no longer appear.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've had confirmation that an additional route algorithm was integrated into the European update. A service release will be available which will aim to fix all existing known problems that have been reported to Navman. The service release is expected to be available as a download from the Navman website, and hopefully will be available in around 10 weeks time (for anyone reading this later) this equates to around 16th March 2003.
DSeymour
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Tim Buxton on 13 January 2003

David,

Which blue bugs are still present in the revised software? Certainly the ones I noticed around Kent and Essex no longer appear.

Tim,

Oh yes they do!. Under 1 mile zoom in Essex (Specifically East of Duxford)

Regards,

David
Richard
Occasional Visitor

Around Harlow, Essex the blue bugs have been fixed. I haven't seen any since I installed the update but I haven't been near Duxford.

In open areas I haven't had any TTFF issues but in cities it seems to take ages, even when stationary which can be frustrating. I guess this is because the buildings block the signals.

An avoid motorways option would be great.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Quote: Originally posted by DSeymour on 14 January 2003

Tim,

Oh yes they do!. Under 1 mile zoom in Essex (Specifically East of Duxford)

Regards,

David

Sorry mate, can't see them, although I've never been there. I've zoomed in to the next scale under a mile and scanned from Duxford to the coast. Can you post a picture, possibly?

Have you reported the bug to Navman directly?

dcfkan
Occasional Visitor

An option to go back to the list of POIs after viewing one of them, rather having to go through the same search process again
BigH
Regular Visitor

My wish list as follows:

Include stopping points - rather than planning multiple routes, this enables you to avoid known trouble spots ie roadworks.

Improve accuracy and sensitivity of receiver, currently useless in built up areas such as central london. TTTF sometimes make it unusable.

be able to load all european maps - currently have 1GB microdrive but can only load just over half the maps (approx.400MB)

Post code searches

Improve routing algorithm and options - have noticed (as have others) being routed off main road only to be guided back on again at next point of entry - unbelievable!!

tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

My wish list is for User defined POI's, so you can add your own cameras and take me to nearest Petrol, one of the POI's.

RichDem
Frequent Visitor

I have just read the Dave's review on the GPS Assist program, what can I say. Please please please please please Navman can we have something like that for Smart ST. It was a tough decision for me when I chose Smart ST over Navigator. Don't get me wrong I like Smart St and have had few problems with it but the intergration of a program like GPS Assist is fantastic. What it offers is amazing and I am very tempted now to sell Smart ST and buy Navigator instead.

So come on Navman do the right thing and give us all these features with your software. It would make me and I dare say alot of other people very happy.

Richard
aljames
Occasional Visitor

I'd like to be able to access the voice files to make my own and make them louder too.

Al
Mark Bennett
Occasional Visitor

I would be able to navigate to a set of gps co-ordinates, like you could with the old software.
Janus
Occasional Visitor

Navman 3400, iPAQ 3950

The Navman should make a sound when it gets a fix and another sound when it loses the fix.

Should be possible to enter a favourite on a road or place without name.

Should be possible to navigate to a set of gps co-ordinates

tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

I would find it very useful to be able to generate the route with no sleeve attached and see how long it would take to get somewhere. You can get the software to calculate a route but it will not give ETA etc until GPS is attached and giving a location fix.

Seems easy enough to me.
ianj
Occasional Visitor

They should bring back the Avoid Area, go to co-ordinates and route Via options. It will not give up trying to get you back on the old route that you are avoiding (e.g. M1 is shut) even when you force a re-calc by double clicking the next turn info bar. Add an option to switch the auto zoom on and off. Dramatically improve the add favourites feature - two steps in the old sw is now a dozen (progress huh!) There are still blue screen areas on SP1 (in the New Forest on the A31). I sync when it is running - it connects as guest. They should bring out a service pack that actually works on all of the machines (SP1 worked for me, SP1a totally did not).

Definitely change the power connection (I'm on 6th adaptor as they break when the suction holder deposits the iPaq on the floor), how about plugging into the bracket which then has slide contacts to the back of the jacket - neat, tidy and eliminates plugging and uplugging the unit. The power adaptor is rubbish as well, the fuse keeps blowing because the internal spring is too loose.

I'll think of more later I'm sure! Already expressed these views to Navman - nothing yet.

Ian J

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: