Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Database for ViaMichelin V4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Database for ViaMichelin V4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem that there are still problems with the consistancy of the different databases. I downloaded the latest version of the ASC files from "Other" yesterday and noticed that the SPECS cameras on the A322 just south of Jct 3 of the M3 are missing yet they appear on the map on the speed camera web page.

I have notified PGPSW and hey are looking into it
larrythelaptop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: speed camera updates for viaMichelin Reply with quote

I can happily confirm that the instructions for updating camera locations at the start of this forum work fine for my X-950 running the latest v5.0.7 software. I used the viaMichelin Database and the supplied icons with no changes :D
Kido
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a Viamichelin PNX970T but I cannot get the POI I've downlaoed in to the system. I've been trying to follow the instructions at the beginning but I don't seem to be able to create a new file. All the options are there but it doesn't seem to appear. I did manage it once by changing the colour but even then I couldn't import the *.asc files. I am doing something wrong? Sorry but I'm not used to this. I had TOMTOM until it was stolen and that was so much easier.
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give us a few more detail, what have you done, what are you doing, what errors are you getting?
FREAKTUNING
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

how change the soft

i wana run igo to x 950t

can?

i see the win ce is dedicated to 950 t, i want change

who help me?
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elan2s wrote:
Hopefully the following instructions will work for you. I am not using v4 but taking information from other posters have modified my original instructions to reflect the changes in v4. If any v4 users spot an error please let me know and I can amend the instructions. I will also ask the GPS team to add these instructions to the Speed Camera Database forum and download files.

Here are the full instructions for adding the PocketGPS speed camera database to viaMichelin (v2.5, v3 and v4)

[list]A) Download .zip file from pocketgps

B) Unzip and save in a directory. For vM users the important sub-directories are "asc files" and "ov2 bmp files", unless you wish to use the speed zoned data in which case you will need to use the files in the sub-directories in the "speed zoned" directory. For the rest of this post I will assume that the user is not using speed zoned data - probably best for the novice. for those wishing to use the speed zoned data the principles are exactly the same however. The speed camera data files are in the "asc files" directory and the icon files are in the "ov2 bmp files" directory.

I am trying out a ViaMichelin X950 that I received free with an AXA sunlife insurance policy. Not sure whether to keep it or give it to my daughter, so I am comparing it to my TomTom 1.
The speed cameras will obviously be an issue, and I've already found a couple of issues:
In the instructions above reference is made to both the 'Consolidated by type' cameras, and also 'speed zoned' cameras (which I use with tomTom). The thing is, there doesn't appear to be a speed zoned camera database for the viamichelin, or have I missed something?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor.dowle wrote:

I am trying out a ViaMichelin X950 that I received free with an AXA sunlife insurance policy. Not sure whether to keep it or give it to my daughter, so I am comparing it to my TomTom 1.
The speed cameras will obviously be an issue, and I've already found a couple of issues:
In the instructions above reference is made to both the 'Consolidated by type' cameras, and also 'speed zoned' cameras (which I use with tomTom). The thing is, there doesn't appear to be a speed zoned camera database for the viamichelin, or have I missed something?

I notice when reading through the forum that mention is made of the 'other' database, and presumably this is the database OTHER ASC, as this shows 'speed zoned cameras'.
If this is the case, could someone explain the folder structure, as from reading the instructions above, it seems that each camera type needs its own folder?
Thanks

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your info: an official guide has been added here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycamerasviamichelin.php

Thanks to elan2s for the bulk of the info - if you think anything should be added then please let us know.

MaFt
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no direct experience of the X950 as I was running vM on a PDA and I also never went beyond v3 as vM wanted an excessive amount of money to upgrade to v4 and again to v5 and v6. Also v5 and beyond are not supported on the Sony Clie. I therefore switched to TomTom.

With regard to your question and assuming that the software on X950 still works in roughly the same way as earlier versions of vM (I am sure I will be correctedf if I am wrong!!) you do not need seperaste folders for each camera type but you will need to create separate POI catregories and icons when importing them into vM for the first time and on subsequent updates you will need to import each file individually. Unfortunately it is not a simple drag and drop process as is the case with TomTom

Hope this helps
iandavidjoe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: can't add speed cam POIs Reply with quote

really new here - so I might be absolutely stupid about this.

elan2s instructions for adding speed cams to viamichelin are fine up to the point where I try to synchronise to my PDA. When I click "yes" to "do you want to sync ... " I get a message which simply says "The POI file could not be transferred onto your PDA"

Any ideas?

ipaq rx1950
viamichelin 3.2
windows xp
activesync 4.5.0
iandavidjoe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: think I've got it - but there's more Reply with quote

Read the whole of this thread and discovered someone else had the same problem which was sorted out by reinstallation of activesync and viamichelin.
I've reinstalled viamichelin and the transfer of the POIs works ok now.

This isn't the first time I've had to do a reinstallation and it's a real pain because it doesn't completely uninstall from the PDA (or the PC) and the installshield won't install over the top of it and I can't manually delete the remaining files.
I end up hard resetting the PDA to get rid of it (and everything else)

Any clues how to uninstall cleanly?

Also the viamichelin site has a patch to install hotel and restaurant POIs - but I can't get it to run

Help please help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: