Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone managed to getting Camera Manager working on Microsoft Vista yet please, this will be the full version not upgrades.

Despite attempts month's ago i am still no further forward.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
RoyW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting new error with CM 2.0.0.7 Reply with quote

Does anyone have v2.0.0.7 confirmed working on XP? I've tried on two different PC's and getting the same erro (see quote). Unable to go back to 2.0.0.6 as it has expired.

Any help or advice would be a great help.

RoyW wrote:
Ash,
Getting new error with CM

"The URL does not use a recognised protocol"

Killed the process, deleted the zip file, restarted CM but still get the error, also noticed that the database zip file is created but empty at 0kb.
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine for me!
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10
smspeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine for me too. :D
RoyW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me now :D

Had to change the MTU size on the wireless router and bingo it all works. How I got to this:-
Piggy backed onto neighbours network with a laptop and CM works as it used to work. Connect back to my wireless network and problems occur. Problem either router or ISP.
Went around the web, notice some converstation on MTU size, changed mine and bingo.... all working.

Ash, I'll drop you an email direct, thanks for having a look

R
STick170
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
This may or may not be of help to those of us using IE7 and/or Windows Vista. I installed Camera Manager for the first time this evening only to be confronted with the dreaded ‘Not logged in’ message. I did the following which appears to have worked for me:
1. Closed all open webpages.

2. Clicked Start, then right clicked on internet explorer and selected internet properties.

3. Went to the Advanced tab and selected the ’Restore advanced settings’ option.

4. Went to the General tab and the browsing history section, then selected delete. Firstly I used the ‘Delete all...’ at the bottom, then the ‘Delete passwords’ just for good measure!

5. Went to the Security tab and unchecked the ‘Enable Protected Mode’ box.

6. Clicked the Apply & OK buttons at the bottom to exit the internet properties.

7. Opened a new webpage and got a warning about having protected mode off.

8. Navigated to the PocketGPSWorld homepage (not the forum page) with another warning about the protected mode being off and logged in using the link from the big yellow camera (edited: button colour is now blue) on the left hand side.

9. After a swift bit of network & hard drive activity the Camera Manager announced that updates were ready for installing!

A few things to note:
• I’m using Vista Home Premium, a full clean install done in April with all updates installed and very little else installed.

• I’m using AVG free edition, which was enabled throughout the installation and adjustments.

• I’m using Camera Manager v2.0.0.7, which was running the whole time that I made the adjustments in Internet Explorer.

• I’m using the latest version of POI Loader from the Garmin Site (the version number escapes me at the moment) but I don’t think this will make any difference as I haven’t downloaded the POI’s to me i3 yet.

• I have re-enabled the Protected mode for now as I have the latest camera database ready to install, so I need to see if Camera Manager can continue to be ‘logged in’ later or if I need to disable Protected mode every time I need to check for updates.

I guess by flicking through this thread that most of this stuff has been tried before, if not in this exact order. Hope it helps someone!

Stick170
ben74
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Ash10,

I have downloaded the Camera Manager program and successfully installed the compiled .gpx files on my Nuvi 300. I have looked at the POI categories and they appear to be as you intended, I have yet to test them "On the road".

I use Win XP (2)

Thanks.

Smile
chrisgad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: How do I uninstall please? Reply with quote

I have two instances running but neither has a quit button, and my Garmin POI loader now does not work!

[quote="Ash10"]Version 2.0.0.0 beta is now available 8)

What's new:
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't uninstall as such.

To stop the application simply right click the icon in the system tray (lower RHS of screen) You can then exit the application. Do this for each instance you have running.

Copy the newest version of the application into the same location as the older one (take a backup of the older one if you want to be able to go back). Re-launch the newer version (double-click) and away you go.
sbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10

I notice from looking at the GPX output files that you use two entries for the proximity locations one for the first warning and another for the second warning.

Have you considered including an option to output these to two different sets of GPX files. For example all the 40MPH first warnings in one GPX file and all the 40MPH second warnings in a second file.
That way it would be possible to have two different sounds for the first and second warnings, perhaps a gentle/soft one for the first warning and a more "strident" sound for the second warning (which would only sound/repeat if you were exceeding the pre-set speed) ??

SB
markfldavison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Greyed out options on Camera Manager Reply with quote

Hi

In have downloaded Camera Manager and used it to download the database using the POI loader, all OK. However some of the options on the Camera Manager are not available (greyed out).

Under Options - Use speed limit icons and Add support for voice warnings

Under Status - Check Now and View Files

I have sent a contribution Ash yesterday.

Any Ideas - what is wrong!

Thanks in advance for any advice and assitance.

Mark
Beerbellybill999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have been away from this forum for some time. Satnav now built into car but this won't allow me to load POI ie no speed cameras. I got out my I3 to see if I could have this hidden in the car and came back to this wonderful thread. (I was involved at the begining)

I note there is now the possiblity of Voice warnings which would be great if the unit was hidden but it is not clear if this will work on the I3. can anyone clarify.

Thanks in Advance
Steve148
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Camera Manager has suddenly starting crashing.... ? Reply with quote

Greetings -

Having used Ash10's magnificent little util for many months without problems, it's suddenly started crashing on me. Using a stable ordinary XP system with plenty of ram etc.

Error message summary is :
AppName: camera manager 2.0.0.7.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1
ModName: camera manager 2.0.0.7.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00013df8

I also have the appcompat dumpfile if it's any use for diagnosis.

Comments or advice would be very much appreciated -

Cheers -
Steve
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, I think I know the short reply this will get! (but I'd like to be sure) - can ASH10's camera warning voice files be used on the C510?
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll withdraw my question while I do a bit more digging. It was just that I'm always nervous about killing the somewhat unrobust device by experimenting!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 26 of 77

Jump to: