Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How Am I Driving?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How Am I Driving?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: How Am I Driving? Reply with quote

How many of you have phoned the number given to report good, bad or ugly driving?

A few hundred yards from home is a set of traffic lights where I join the main road...I was third in the queue and just after the lights turned green for us to go an articulated lorry when racing through the other way. So not only did the driver jump a red light, he blatantly ignored a red light and it didn't look much like he'd even made any effort to slow down.

...so when you see an "How Am I Driving?" sticker blurring into the distance on his tail end, it's like a red rag to a bull to phone that number when he gets stuck in traffic just up the road.

I was quite impressed by the reception I got when I phoned the number given, but when I also phoned the company whose name was plastered in 6ft tall letters along the trailer they couldn't have been any less helpful.

I don't mind lorry drivers when they're behaving appropriately, but thank God the person at the front of the queue at the lights was a bit slow to go when the lights changed!
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops, that should have been "went racing through the other way" but the 'Edit' option has disappeared so I can't correct it - I've got a 'Quote' or 'Delete' option only
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
ooops, .............. the 'Edit' option has disappeared so I can't correct it - I've got a 'Quote' or 'Delete' option only

Darren removed the EDIT option in the "Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area" as a member was removing his/hers posts making any conversations going as a list of useless rubbish, this only applies for the "Off Topic" area not other posts.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I thought I'd lost the plot (again!) :D
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me... I was coming back South on the M6 Lake District part of the Motorway a few weeks back, when I came up against a Transit type van (outside lane)...all doing a nice 70/75 mph...no problems. But it was obvious that he was on the phone, so by now I had a couple of guys behind me. A quick flash on the headlights did nothing...so called his company number...'Do you think that you could please call your man travelling in XYZ123 van, as there are a few of us that would like to get by,'... 'Hang on a minute, he's on the phone now, I'll tell him!' And as quick as a flash I saw him look in the rear view mirror and quickly move over, with an obvious cheery 'sorry/wave' as I went by !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: