Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi 360 & GTM 12 Traffic Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi 360 & GTM 12 Traffic Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: nuvi 360 & GTM 12 Traffic Problems Reply with quote

Help...I have read all the post and i still cant get traffic working. Right i have the following:

Nuvi 360 - Latest SW version 3.5
GTM 12 Traffic Reciever.

I have plugged my nuvi into LAPtop via USB charger, gone to hidden menus and can see on the GTM status page that my traffic reciever locks onto ststion 136 (101.1 FM) and i can see the message counter incrementing , and recieved loads on messages. The signal level was 36.

However , and hers my problem, when i push the traffic icon on the NUVI , i just get the message "NO TRAFFIC DATA AVAIABLE" (EVEN THOUGH MY MESSAGE COUNTER IS INCREASING??)

I have an RAC unlimited subscription when i check the settings page

any ideas help would be greatly , greatly appreciated
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to update the GTM software to version 4.00 otherwise it will get messages from Classic FM and you won't be able to view them.
dazpad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem! Where can I get the software update from? Pretty please!
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazpad wrote:
I'm having the same problem! Where can I get the software update from? Pretty please!
plug the gtm12 into nuvi and un plug so it knows its there then un plug run the web updater from garmin.com and it will update it all ...with the gtm12 i get better if it goes longways along the windscreen rather than up and down then use the test mode to view signal strength....
Fatboymart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I bought the 310 last week from halfords.

I ran the flex horizontally across the windscreen of the companies Astra estate (club, bog standard). I then travelled from South Wales to Cornwall and back and didnt receive a signal once.

I decided to run the flex outside the car to see if that made a differance, to my delight I now how a good TMC signal (even here in South Wales)

the flex is just long enough to reach outside the car, and held in place vertically on my windscreen by the suction pads.

I now have (written next to AUTO under subsciption) the name of the FM station TMC.

I have accidently shut the door on the USB when i'm not paying attention (Garmin not in use) so make sure you dont squash it as I did.

As the instruction said, you dont have to do anything, once the aerial was re positioned the unit logged on and that was it.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Martin
dazpad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamf wrote:
dazpad wrote:
plug the gtm12 into nuvi and un plug so it knows its there then un plug run the web updater from garmin.com and it will update it all ...with the gtm12 i get better if it goes longways along the windscreen rather than up and down then use the test mode to view signal strength....

Many thanks for your help! Smile
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazpad wrote:
adamf wrote:
dazpad wrote:

Many thanks for your help! Smile
to enter test mode go to the screen that has all the speed trip info then press and hold the top midle box for 8 seconds its average speed or something then flick through the screens to the tmc page look for the sig level then position the gtm so you get a good strength i find it best along the screen in my truck high up i get about 45 in the car about 20-30 around birmingham.. :o
bryanuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adamf,

Maybe I am being thick, but I don't quite understand your instructions for getting the GTM12 firmware updated. As I understand it, the PC connection needed to do the update uses the same connection on the unit as the 9external) power and GTM12.

When I disconnect the external power to the unit with the GTM12 connected, the unit says that the GTM12 requires external power. So, should I:

1. Connect the unit into the car holder
2. Connect the GTM12 (it won't pick up any signal at home)
3. Disconnect the GTM12
4. Disconnect the unit from the car holder (continue on battery power)
5. Connect the unit to my PC
6. Run the web updater

Will this update the GTM12 firmware?

Is there any screen which tells me what level of GTM firmware is already installed (I couldn't see it when viewing the hidden screens, but I didn't have the GTM12 unit connected at the time)?

Your help would be much appreciated.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug the SatNav into the computer and run WebUpdater, it will update the files on the SatNav, and will store a copy of the latest firmware for the GTM12 on it. When you next connect the SatNav to the GTM12 (with external power) the SatNav will perform the GTM12 firmware update.

To see the firmware of the GTM12, go to Settings / System / About, although depending exactly which Garmin unit and which firmware you may or may not see the version number of the GTM listed. This is only a guide, and may not reflect the true status of the firmware on the GTM12 for various reasons.
bryanuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing,

Thanks, will try it now...
xspartx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this solve any of your problems?

I am having difficulties atm with mine.

On ONE occasion it seemed to work, showing me delays.

Nothing since.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: