Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Report your TMC problems to BBC Watchdog
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Report your TMC problems to BBC Watchdog
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
For those units which use TrafficMaster, it's a pity TrafficMaster can't incorporate their roadside transmitters into the equation.
It is indeed a shame, but that's something that I suspect will not ever happen.
RedJuan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find Winter Hill to be working perfectly. As has been mentioned GMG now own the Century radio stations. When these were sold by GCAP media, essentially TM ability to broadcast TMC from winter hill stopped.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure those in the North West will find that a strange definition of "working perfectly"...
RedJuan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
I'm sure those in the North West will find that a strange definition of "working perfectly"...

It is working perfectly. The fact that there is no TM TMC is not a fault of Winter Hill, it is a lack of contract between TM and a station to broadcast TMC.....
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my reply from the ASA regarding Garmins continuing ads for Real-Time traffic information on their GTM-21.

Despite the fact that the unit only works in patches, is not real-time, and is barly correct 50% of the time the ASA didn't consider it was falsely advertised...

So the vendors can say what they like , sell you a product that isn't capable of working, and still get away with it...

So much for the ASA... I never did get a response from Watchdog at all...
nmbaker
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: RDS-TMC Reply with quote

I bought the unit from CPC last week as on Friday am travelling again to Romania. I got nothing happening at all from the antenna. Today I tried to sort out sitting in car at Bolton. Then all of a sudden the unit fired into life, but could not pick up any signal. Looked on several forums and somebody suggested putting antenna under mirror.

Well I tried that and immediately got a signal. So now I am happy since the month trial from the traffic service just expired. Car is a Vectra. Do not know if the glass is heat reflective as I get a very good signal from GPS, but it says it is on the glass.

I hope that helps other forelorn users of TMC. It showed a delay on M55 Mike - so what is new at the weekend?
TTCams latest 19/05/09 Traffic - live
SDHC 16GB
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: RDS-TMC Reply with quote

nmbaker wrote:
It showed a delay on M55 Mike - so what is new at the weekend?
Nothing new there, the Preston end of the M55 is a poor junction causing traffic jams every day of the week on both carriageways to be honest.
Interesting that you got the receiver working in Bolton, I have to travel as far as Bolton down the M61 before I pick up any form of signal - Holme Moss (the Classic FM transmitter station the unit is picking up a signal from is still a considerable distance away. When iTIS switch on Winter Hill the North West UK should be far better served in terms of signal strength and coverage, we just don't know when this will happen.
Best of luck on the long distance trip, perhaps you might like to keep a log of the RDS-TMC on such a journey, this could prove interesting reading - Mike
PhilGarmin
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Report your TMC problems to BBC Watchdog Reply with quote

blackwellgraham wrote:
I sent my complaint in yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/contact_index.shtml

I filed it under Transport

If enough of us complain, TomTom may have to come clean and admit that its a poor implementation and simply doesn't work!

Ive complained its way overdue now. If everybody concerned complains maybe watchdog will notice it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: