Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Joined up thinking - NOT!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Joined up thinking - NOT!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Why should the insurance company care about your points? If you fail to declare them your policy becomes void and they pocket the full fee! It's simply not in their interest Twisted Evil

I have a friend who has claimed on her insurance (always her fault) every year for the past three years, last year her daughter wrote her car off against a tree (one claim) and then whilst waiting for a settlement with the Insurance Company, with her own money she bought a new 4x4 and went on to crash that 4 weeks later by not stopping at a junction (2nd claim).

At this point it came to light that the insurance Company found out that the insurance on the 1st claim had been taken out without her admitting two lots of points from speeding, she claimed that she was only a women and didn't understand these things, after one phone call the insurance Company paid out on both vehicles.

Her Insurance is about £3000 year, but she is still driving.
Funny thing is she is a very slow driver her speeding fines were only just over the line, and her normal driving starts a traffic jam, but when i'm in the vehicle i make sure i drive it - even if it only for a mile!

Do the Insurance Companies have flexible rules, as this can't be the only case?

Or more sinister, can a women acting dumb, get away with more than us men?
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboo wrote:
I thought the police did have the power to get cars crushed if there is no tax on them, surely if you have no tax that means you have no insurance. I have watched police programmes on telly and when they pull someone up who cant produce the right documents they radio in and find out if they are legal on the road, if not then they send them on their way minus the car and call for the tow truck. Then they have the cars crushed.

I didnt realise that the cars could be collected by someone who is insured to drive it.

They couldn't when I served, what they can do now is impound it. Then the driver has 28 days to collect. He has to attend with proof of insurance and tax if it wasn't when seized. They also have to pay the removal fee and storage charges for each day it is held. As you have spotted though, it doesn't stop someone else collecting so long as they have insurance to drive that vehicle. Better than nothing though and if it isn't collected it gets crushed.
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife put water in through the oil filler cap.
Blew the engine, and claimed on the insurance as "accidental damage".

AND they paid out :D
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont agree with all this men are better than women drivers stuff BUT having said that there are some, what I would call, unscruplious(sp) women who will act the dumb blonde or blundering brunette just to get sympathy off the courts or police or even the insurance companies.

It can be the fault of the men for being taken in by these women. Everyone should be treated equally when it comes to matters of driving and insurance claims and if a woman acts dumb then she should still get the same treatment as men. If I was an insurance assessor I would call their bluff and say something to get them out of bimbo mode.
TheBrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jade Goody acted dumb by claiming that she'd meant to cancel her home insurerance and cancelled the car insurance by mistake.

On second thoughts - given Jade's history - that could actually be true! Rolling Eyes
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm Jade Goody is a bad girl now. Rolling Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=466113&in_page_id=1773
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with Jade Goody is she made over a million quid out of her stupidity, so maybe she isnt as stupid as she makes out. but to try and use stupid behaviour to try and get out of doing something highly ilegal is, well stupid.

She could well have mixed up her car and house insurance but how does she get out of driving on a provisional licence??
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She could well have mixed up her car and house insurance but how does she get out of driving on a provisional licence??

She didn't. The points and fine are for all the offenses.
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So she got away with driving on a provisional :o And it wasnt a small car either, a dirty great BMW
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLICK HERE

Quote:
The 26-year-old, from Chipping Ongar, Essex, admitted driving her car on the M1 motorway in Buckinghamshire, in November, under a provisional licence.

The former Big Brother contestant also pleaded guilty to driving while uninsured, and otherwise in accordance with a licence, in Brentwood, in March
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I see you've answered that he did receive compensation but in the event that the driver wasn't insured there would be grounds for a criminal injuries compensation payout.
I wonder if criminal injuries compensation runs to a couple or more million? - Living the rest of his life needing 24hr attendants (if he falls over he's down until next time somebody passes), medication, special accommodation, etc, etc? It's more likely to be merely invalidity allowance!!

Extra pence on fuel won't do me an immense damage - I'm still being paid the mileage rate (50p a mile one way) that I got 5 years ago when fuel was maybe 20p a litre cheaper than today. My insurance for business is £1200 after my no claims has recovered from the deer.

".. simply doesn't have enough time to stop them all." Isn't that sad? I can't think of much more to say to that - our law-enforcers are so pushed they don't have time to enforce the law. I'm not criticising them, but the people who are responsible for not seeing that they get enough time (presumably officers).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:

CLICK HERE

Quote:
The 26-year-old, from Chipping Ongar, Essex, admitted driving her car on the M1 motorway in Buckinghamshire, in November, under a provisional licence.

The former Big Brother contestant also pleaded guilty to driving while uninsured, and otherwise in accordance with a licence, in Brentwood, in March

Oh yes sorry blonde moment, I didnt read your post properly.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this Twisted Evil

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6274576.stm

Many Government make lots of mistakes causing upset lot of peoples life.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
How about this Twisted Evil

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6274576.stm

Many Government make lots of mistakes causing upset lot of peoples life.

And this as well 8)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6276214.stm

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: